What Kind of 5.45 Round Is This?

Well you got me then. Without the bullet being lined up on either of the two sides of the scale it is impossible to determine the diameter. That bullet sure does look large for a 5.45 though. I agree with the shoulder and neck of the casing, that does appear to be more 5.45ish.

Saw this on Wikipedia. It's obviously not 7N6. Just wondering if someone might have an idea.

there is no such 5.45 round with a completely black bullet,  they painted the bullet completely black for better  contrast against the graph.  

these are all the types of 5.45 rounds,

http://gunsru.ru/rg_patron_5_45x39_eng.html

notice there isn't a  completely black bullet, that's why I say it has more to do with it being made more  photogenic then  being a certain kind of 5.45. that round for all intent and purposes could be a 7N6, or even a commercial 5.45 like WOLF, just with a completely painted black bullet

as for the shape of the round, angle, lightening, distance and resizing all will play a big difference on how it looks in a photo, especially resizing, and painting the entire bullet black also will trick your mind into thinking it's more stocky. 

Edited by Matthew Hopkins