14x1MM LH threading kit for rent

I am renting the threading kit I used in my latest posts. Rent is $25. You pay $50 deposir, and I pay to ship to you. When you are done, you pay to ship it back to me. when I get all three pieces back in good condition, you gat $25 back. I spent a little over $60 shopping around to get the parts. What you are renting: 1) 14x1MM LH 1 1/2" die (standard AK muzzle threa 2) 14x1MM LH TAT (Thread alignment tool) very necessary. 3) one 1 1/2" die handle

more1_zps0cc07d49.jpg

Edited by imarangemaster
  • Like 1

Just to be clear - for rental you send $25+$50 deposit = $75 total, then get $25 back at the end?

Sounds like paying $50 to rent $60 worth of tools.

Or are you saying customer sends $50 total and gets half of it back at the end?

• 4 weeks later...

How difficult is it to remove the shroud around the barrel before you can actually thread it? I know CSS sells an expensive threading tool for reducing the thickness of the barrel but is it really necessary or can I just use a cut off wheel or a pipe cutter? I might just take you up on this offer. Recently purchased a 7.62x39 Saiga and want to put a flash hider on it.

A piper cutter works, though cheap tubing cutters don't.  I used a dremel with a cut off grinder and a hoe clamp as a guide. When using that meythod, you need to be careful not to cut too deep.  Pipe cutter is the easiest method, though...