Blood test for depression... wanna bet where this is going?

Here's another letter from the VA dated 2 weeks ago.

No adjudication, just a threat of fines/prison for non-compliance.

I'm posting a link to the ar15 forum, (sorry mods), but I don't want to repost the actual VA letter

and have them after me for posting private info.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1667297_VA_yanks_vet_s_2nd_Amendment_rights.html

I've read this several times and either it was written by an idiot or it's fake.  

I think this blood test is going to turn out to be nothing more than one of many tools to diagnose and treat depression. It seems inevitable that some people will get the blood test and the doctor will "declare" that they are depressed and they will say "I don't know what you're talking about, I feel great!" Then who is going to be right, the "test" or the patient who knows better than anyone how he feels?

Ha!  Never let a good diagnosis go to wastegrimace.gif

• Like 2

There are tens of millions of people already "diagnosed" with depression and it's been that way for decades. Those people have not been disarmed just for that reason nor has anyone tried. A blood test changes nothing.

• Like 2

Ha!  Never let a good diagnosis go to wastegrimace.gif

We agree with you John!

I've often wondered why Skywalker never simply pushed the red switch on Vaders chest.  Seems so much easier that all that jumping around with light saber's and getting your arm cut off.

• Like 2

There are tens of millions of people already "diagnosed" with depression and it's been that way for decades. Those people have not been disarmed just for that reason nor has anyone tried. A blood test changes nothing.

I hope you are right Dogman.

I find the timing on this blood test announcement to be curious though. After our long history of medical science, it comes out now.....

Just when the gun grabbers start pushing hard for background checks and mental evals of gun owners.

Hey guys, look what we discovered... just now!  what.gif

Mental evals have always relied on subjective testing, thus the need for adjudication to make sure legally recognized experts agree

on the findings of being mentally incompetent. Even then, you were never quite sure of what was going on inside somebody's head.

Crazy? Not crazy?  No easy answers.

Until now.

Edit:  I know depressed doesn't mean crazy, but it makes no difference to those who wish to disarm the public.

Depressed, PTSD, Bi-polar, blah, blah, blah..... "something is wrong with him, we can't take the chance".

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

If you take away someone's INHERENT RIGHTS for a minor to major medical condition there will be severe unintended consequences.

There will be the lost of trust in the medical system. This will make the corporations a lot less money and they can already make telephone wire out of a penny at most institutions.

People who truly do need help will not seek help in fear that they will be punished. Not only is it wrong, it's discrimination.

I know the communist, who wants all the fighting rifles out of the hands of Americans, attempt to bring up the mental health issue every few years.

There is a time and place for limiting the rights of individuals who have serious issues. That place is not in a doctors office or in a pretend hospital known as the VA.

It is my opinion that only a jury (12) of your peers (family and friends) can determine that you are incompetent. A medical doctor could make the suggestion to the peers to have a forum. No way in hell should one man or woman have the power to take rights. It didn't work out so well when that happened in the 40's.

• Like 2

I hope you are right Dogman.

I find the timing on this blood test announcement to be curious though. After our long history of medical science, it comes out now.....

Just when the gun grabbers start pushing hard for background checks and mental evals of gun owners.

Hey guys, look what we discovered... just now!  what.gif

Mental evals have always relied on subjective testing, thus the need for adjudication to make sure legally recognized experts agree

on the findings of being mentally incompetent. Even then, you were never quite sure of what was going on inside somebody's head.

Crazy? Not crazy?  No easy answers.

Until now.

Edit:  I know depressed doesn't mean crazy, but it makes no difference to those who wish to disarm the public.

Depressed, PTSD, Bi-polar, blah, blah, blah..... "something is wrong with him, we can't take the chance".

I hear you, but luckily for the average person there is a burden of proof that must be met. Consider this also, if simple depression makes a person incompetent to bear arm then thousands of police officers must be disarmed as well. Statistically at least two Supreme court judges will suffer from it. In other words, it's just too common and ingrained in our society to use that (by itself) to start taking rights away based just on that. There are going to have to be other factors present, and sometimes there are, like suicidal thoughts. But those kind of things are already being done when necessary.

• Like 1

So if they find "depression" in my blood at some point, I'll ask them how long it takes for it to go out of my system after I stopped fucken my two crazy ass ex-wives  tinfoilhat.gif  

Til death do you part. When they say it, they mean it.

There are LOTS of vets that cant manage their own affairs.

There are lots of vets that SHOULD NOT have access to a firearm.

Unless you are privy to ALL this guys medical records and diagnoses how could you in your wildest dreams know what  is right or wrong.

You really are an interesting individual.

This is not just some dude online. It's a friend and a vet. Go fuck yourself.

Well part of is just character, I would never say to you what you just said to me.

If this is a person you know You could have said so, and made your point from there.

I dont like the VA any more than you do, and have lots of friends that have been abused by the VA.

That said I dont know what it takes to declare a person incompetent .

But I have seen a DR do it in a court. 

Yeah, because you're a Gentile.

If you're going to pop off, expect to get some reverberation. I'm no gentleman.

This is an amazing open forum where shit gets sent to the fight club all the time. Multiple times, I have wanted to puke after reading the crap coming out of your keyboard but have to expect and deal with it.

We are both entitled to our own opinions and in no way do I have to be mute about your constant horse shit.

I'm not sorry if it hurt your feelings.

After reading the background on some of those letters, it appears that something as simple as "my wife writes the checks to pay the bills" is taken to mean that "you can't handle your financial affairs" by the VA.

Some couples choose to do it that way, so what?

Some couples hubby pays the bills, some couples the wife pays the bills. Some couples they split up who pays different bills.

Very shitty of the VA to take something like that and twist it into mental incompetence.

After reading the background on some of those letters, it appears that something as simple as "my wife writes the checks to pay the bills" is taken to mean that "you can't handle your financial affairs" by the VA.

Some couples choose to do it that way, so what?

Some couples hubby pays the bills, some couples the wife pays the bills. Some couples they split up who pays different bills.

Very shitty of the VA to take something like that and twist it into mental incompetence.

It's pretty simple, actually. Hire a bunch of anti2A, Liberal, pencil pushers .... Boom, fits the agenda.

• Like 1

Yeah, because you're a Gentile.

If you're going to pop off, expect to get some reverberation. I'm no gentleman.

This is an amazing open forum where shit gets sent to the fight club all the time. Multiple times, I have wanted to puke after reading the crap coming out of your keyboard but have to expect and deal with it.

We are both entitled to our own opinions and in no way do I have to be mute about your constant horse shit.

I'm not sorry if it hurt your feelings.

Its obvious what kind of person you are, you dont have to define it for me.

I know Several people here sure don't like it when I call them on things.

Thats ok you can hate the cops hate the government , blame all the evils on whoever you choose.

Fact is when people just jump to conclusions without having access to , or even wanting to know all the facts they can...Drives me nuts.

I do play the devils advocate in some ways, I would hope people would stop and think, but maybe no so much on this forum.

Run with the gospel of each and every news story or complaint you read.

I am sure each and every word you read is just exactly the truth.

PS   you cant hurt my feelings little boy, you don't even have the balls to post under your real name.

Unless you are privy to ALL this guys medical records and diagnoses how could you in your wildest dreams know what  is right or wrong.

There are people claiming this is a fake letter....On the net, go look

You claim this is your personal friend....Please convince me that is true

There are people claiming this is a fake letter....On the net, go look

You claim this is your personal friend....Please convince me that is true

Of course there are a lot of other guys out there like you who don't want to admit they are in a world of shit and have been lied to and manipulated all their lives. If you would like to get to know him, go ahead and friend him on facebook.

Again, Go fuck yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.raybourn?fref=ts

Are you a veteran? Do you deal with the VA? Do you have friends who served and have been fucked by the VA? Sounds like you are out of the loop if you haven't seen the bullshit happening to our fellow veterans.

Edited by Stryker0946

I am a veteran.

I have plenty of friends getting screwed by the VA.

I greatly dislike the VA, and am out of my mind pissed at what the VA has done to veterans.

I refuse to use the VA.

I am sorry at your friends situation, I dont know a thing about what precipitated the issue, and its none of my business anyway.

All I am saying is there are vets that cant manage themselves and there are vets that should not have firearms.

I KNOW some of both.