I was just watching a story on the news about the search for the murderer who killed the PA officer. There is a "quarantine" zone around the area where no one is allowed in or out.

HOWEVER- The news interviewed two men who's wives and children are in their homes, but the husband/fathers were not home when the roads were closed...

The FAMILIES are INSIDE the zone and the men are NOT ALLOWED to go home to protect their families?!?! W.T.F. over?!

This is completely UNACCEPTABLE!! :evil:

• Like 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...and therein lies the problem. A lot of cops have a "we're not 'civilains' " mentality, and act like stormtroopers...wannabe SpecOps hard boys, who think "kicking ass" is cool.    We need more Any

It's not bashing Jim.  This one is bull shit.  If I have ID and live in the neighborhood, I get back to my home and family period.     If your brethren keep this kind of crap up, LEO being shot will

Yes. Freedom means danger. Exchanging large amounts of freedom for a little bit of safety is a shitty deal.

Posted Images

Welcome to your new America.

We will let you go home when WE say you can go home.

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP

"Due to the violent nature of his crimes, extreme precautionary measures are being taken," the release read. "The PA State Police are very concerned for the safety of the community."

I will look for him right after my nap.

post-11862-0-51462100-1411255661_thumb.jpg

Edited by read_the_wall
  • Like 3

Welcome to your new America.

We will let you go home when WE say you can go home.

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP

"Due to the violent nature of his crimes, extreme precautionary measures are being taken," the release read. "The PA State Police are very concerned for the safety of the community."

I will look for him right after my nap.

Didn't he just shoot the officer? I don't get it... As soon as one of their own is the victim, they bring in FBI, ATF, Marshals, local police, etc. Nearly 400 men I read. There's no way in HELL they need 400 men for just one suspect. My point is, if the average joe is gunned down, you get a good portion of the local sheriff department, coroner, etc., but now it's one of them and suddenly they assemble an army. Honestly, I like the fact that they're going after this scumbag, but I can only imagine what this manhunt, bringing in other agencies, and blocking people from their homes (which is horse shit by the way) is costing the taxpayers.

• Like 2

I don't get it... As soon as one of their own is the victim, they bring in FBI, ATF, Marshals, local police, etc. Nearly 400 men I read. There's no way in HELL they need 400 men for just one suspect. My point is, if the average joe is gunned down, you get a good portion of the local sheriff department, coroner, etc., but now it's one of them and suddenly they assemble an army.

are you kidding? if the average Joe gets murdered, you'll see maybe a half dozen to dozen cops the scene, but those are just  for traffic control, witness interviews and forensics and the "looky-lou" cops on patrol who just cruise by to see what is going on.  after that circus leaves, the murder victims family will be lucky to even  have 2 detectives assigned to  investigate the murder, and only for a couple weeks before they close the file as "unsolved",  then go back to more "important" work, like writing out speeding tickets or busting some pimple faced kid with a little grass.

I have just as much respect for so called "law enforcement" as I do thugs

I mean you can see for yourself, in this fine example, they are cowards when it comes to going in and getting this guy that is armed, they would much rather surround the area and leave citizens in harms way and wait it out. but oh they are so macho and brave when they go and shoot unarmed suspects

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

I don't get it... As soon as one of their own is the victim, they bring in FBI, ATF, Marshals, local police, etc. Nearly 400 men I read. There's no way in HELL they need 400 men for just one suspect. My point is, if the average joe is gunned down, you get a good portion of the local sheriff department, coroner, etc., but now it's one of them and suddenly they assemble an army.

are you kidding? if the average Joe gets murdered, you'll see maybe a half dozen to dozen cops the scene, but those are just  for traffic control, witness interviews and forensics and the "looky-lou" cops on patrol who just cruise by to see what is going on.  after that circus leaves, the murder victims family will be lucky to even  have 2 detectives assigned to  investigate the murder, and only for a couple weeks before they close the file as "unsolved",  then go back to more "important" work, like writing out speeding tickets or busting some pimple faced kid with a little grass.

That's what I was implying. I was originally gonna say "A good portion of the police department just because most of them are bored anyways and come on scene..." I just didn't want it to start into a cop bashing thread... It's just extremely unnecessary the amount of people they have "working" on this JUST because they're letting their emotions get the better of them. I'll be surprised as hell if the suspect comes out alive. I remember some years ago a man shot an officer or 2 and after a manhunt through the woods ended up with something like 60 rounds in him.

As If its not bashing now 

It's not bashing Jim.  This one is bull shit.  If I have ID and live in the neighborhood, I get back to my home and family period.  

If your brethren keep this kind of crap up, LEO being shot will become more prevalent.  Many folks are tired of the nonsense.

What would you do Jim if you were kept from your family due to the search for one man in which you are capable of defending yourself from?  And in answering this, you can NOT inform the cops in any way that you are a cop so that they let you go home.  What do you do?

You know I'm pro LEO.  But this stance is fading buddy.  Where LE is heading should bother you as well.

• Like 6

...and therein lies the problem. A lot of cops have a "we're not 'civilains' " mentality, and act like stormtroopers...wannabe SpecOps hard boys, who think "kicking ass" is cool. 

We need more Any Griffith and less Jean Claude VanDamme.

• Like 6

FYI: That "Safe Zone" was lifted promptly after this story aired!  rolleyes.gif

Flippin' Hypocrites!

Probably because they knew a true Constitutional attorney would shred the dept(s) to ribbons in front of a judge for this BS.  People are waking up(albeit slowly), and the once-sleeping giant is pissed.  This is why if you live in or near a large metro, GET OUT NOW!!!!  Boston should have been the wake-up call.  A big city with grid-streets is easy to lock down.  A rural area like mine, not so much.  Too many goat trails and logging roads to get to my house from.

• Like 1

They have no LEGAL right to keep them out or in. A few years back, the sheriffs "raided" a place across the street from us for cooking meth, I was coming home from work and was told that I couldn't go down the road, 50 yards and drive up my driveway. After a few "choice" words between the deputy and me, I finally told him that I WAS GOING HOME and IF HE WANTED TO SHOOT ME, THEN SHOOT ME, BUT I WAS GOING HOME. He proceeded to tell me to ONLY pull into my drive and then go inside and stay there. They came up the drive about 30 minutes later, to search the woods behind my house for the guy, and I was sitting on the front porch with an AR and beta drum, they then asked me what I was doing, (as if they couldn't see) and if I'd show them how to get back there, and where all the trails where, NOPE, I'm sitting right here and protect my home, you boys have fun back there.

No offense to the Po Po here, but you people are PUBLIC SERVANTS and ALSO CIVILIANS just like us. My land and house are MY CASTLE and I RULE HERE, not you, when I haven't committed a crime, and seeing how we live only about 15 miles outside the city limits, when seconds count, the Po Po is only an hour away, at best.

• Like 1

They have no LEGAL right to keep them out or in. A few years back, the sheriffs "raided" a place across the street from us for cooking meth, I was coming home from work and was told that I couldn't go down the road, 50 yards and drive up my driveway. After a few "choice" words between the deputy and me, I finally told him that I WAS GOING HOME and IF HE WANTED TO SHOOT ME, THEN SHOOT ME, BUT I WAS GOING HOME. He proceeded to tell me to ONLY pull into my drive and then go inside and stay there. They came up the drive about 30 minutes later, to search the woods behind my house for the guy, and I was sitting on the front porch with an AR and beta drum, they then asked me what I was doing, (as if they couldn't see) and if I'd show them how to get back there, and where all the trails where, NOPE, I'm sitting right here and protect my home, you boys have fun back there.

No offense to the Po Po here, but you people are PUBLIC SERVANTS and ALSO CIVILIANS just like us. My land and house are MY CASTLE and I RULE HERE, not you, when I haven't committed a crime, and seeing how we live only about 15 miles outside the city limits, when seconds count, the Po Po is only an hour away, at best.

Due to the ruling attitude of LEO these days, I foresee a lot more of this kind of thing happening.

I'm of the opinion that society (gangs, people with zero respect for human life) made LE this way.  Now it's going to take society to ratchet them back in.  I'm really not sure how you do this though.  I watch COPS all the time.  While the show is slanted pro LE, the garbage they deal with is unreal.  Barny Fife just ain't gonna cut it these days.  So while I'm having a hard time with the way LE is heading, what do we expect them to do when faced with more people than ever before that will gain status for taking one of them out?  A decent person has to admit that this is a really tough situation whether you like LE or not.  

• Like 4

Boy if this doesnt fit the commies narrative http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-pennsylvania-cop-shooting-sharpshooting-survivalist/story?id=25545808.  Check out the title....  Likening all sharp shooting survivalists to cop killers, absolutely disgusting propaganda.

The Pa libs are already planning on how to use this story to assault the rights of law abiding citizens.  Its gonna be bad when tom wolf gets elected.

• Like 1

Well hell let's just quarantine the whole County,or state.you know he's in there some where. How did they determine effective range? What makes them think that they aren't the sole targets and maybe they should leave until they know where he is? I'm sorry,people are sick of gestapo tactics, maybe cops should stop employing them.

When you lock down an entire neighborhood because of one criminal who killed two people that's outlandish. That doesn't happen in some hood. I think everybody else nailed it, when they said said that this sort of response would have never and never has happened for a regular citizen. Sorry but the elitist bullshit is tired.

I'm curious Jim, not counting direct family, how many non law enforcement friends do you have? I'm betting not many of any. I have a few friends in the reserves and they've pointed out to me that's a major difference,here in Texas that the full timers only seem to associate with other leo. Because "civilians" don't get it.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Agree. He did the deed and got out. That is, if he has any brains at all.

This reminds me of the zodiac killer. In one of his taunting letters to the police. Paraphrasing, "If you idiots wouldn't have charged up and down the roads with the lights flashing. Stumbled around with radios squawking. You probably would have caught me."