Which side  of the fence?

If you ever wondered which  side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a Republican doesn't like  guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a Democrat doesn't like  guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a  vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a Democrat is a vegetarian,  he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is  down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his  situation.

If a Democrat is down-and-out  he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a  talk show host, he switches channels.

A Democrat demands that those  they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a  non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A Democrat non-believer wants  any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he  needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that  provides it.

If a Democrat decides he needs  health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for  his.

If a Republican reads this,  he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.

A Democrat will delete it  because he's "offended".

Well, I  forwarded it and pasted it on the forum.

• Like 6

Add

an Atheist also wants any mention of God or religion  silenced as well.

Nope, dont really care who you pray to. Thats your problem and you can do as you please so long as you dont try convincing me otherwise

• Like 6

Mathematical formula:

70% of the floor time in Congress is wasted on one Party or the other accusing their "esteemed colleges" of criminal activity.

There must be some truth in each argument. Therefore if even half of the allegations are true=35% of the floor time in Congress  is spent on on exposing criminal activity. None of this criminal activity is ever prosecuted. Therefore we are at the mercy of a bunch of crooks! ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ISLE!

• Like 6

Well, not one atheist has ever knocked on my door at dinner time. I've had plenty of so called christians do it to spout their particular brand of insanity.

I find it amusing when the religious types overstep the boundaries of the separation of church and state  and then get all worked up for getting called on their shit

• Like 4

There may be just two visible divisions of ONE POWER BLOCK running this fine august nation. They just want us to think there are two different parties. I guess I am a "Conservative Libertarian". About five miles to the "right" of Attila The Hun. Maybe part anarchist also, I am not sure. Maybe.

Know for a fact that I do not know one way or the other so I guess I am also a agnostic. Do not know. No information or evidence either way. I try to do no harm in general and no harm in specific to others. Leave me alone and I will do likewise to others. So, what am I? I am me and nobody else.

HB of CJ (old coot) Now mostly titanium and twisted and evil. My life has been a long series of fortunate events. But I do ponder about the kids and grandkids. Maybe I have not done enough. Just me. My fear is that we have about 3-5 more years before the world wide catastrophic economic collapse.

We will not agree on the meanings of good and bad/evil but I think we can all agree that there is both good and bad/evil in this world.

We all use what we think as logic, emotions, circumstances to justify doing wrong / bad things.  We justify the evil (I interchange bad with evil here -- Synonyms; wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, corrupt, iniquitous, depraved, reprobate, villainous, nefarious, vicious, malicious) things we do so much that we become inured to them, accept them and ignore them as "not so bad" or little white lies or (for us Christians which I find so wrong) just a small sin.

For us, choosing between good and evil has become shaded with all sorts of greys when it should be as clear as a choice between black and white.

Our society is bearing the fruits of our choices.  We will always have the choice between good and evil, truth and lies.  It is such a shame to me that so many are blind and yet profess to see clearly while running forward towards the darkness.

Gentlemen, please stop placing your bets on black.

I know, I know, I have ruffled the atheist/agnostic feathers once again...   One has to wonder why the Christian faith (meaning Jesus Christ, savior of all who accept Him) bothers those types so much.  I feel the rebellion/indifference against Him comes from an internal knowledge, either actively denied or ignored, of the Truth in Jesus.  Why be angry / indifferent towards something they profess to believe is not there?  With Jesus there are no greys, just the clarity of black and white, good or evil.  Without the saving Grace of Christ's sacrifice, we all are his enemy.  No wonder Jesus makes atheists angry.

This not an attack on atheists or agnostics.  I in fact write this out of love with the hopes that my words will penetrate.  Now, compare and contrast this with the responses to it...

All are not right

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 2

some muslims say,

join us or die

some Christians say,

join us or you won't be with us when you die

while some atheists say,

I didn't want to be with you here and now,

why the hell would I want to be with you forever?

guess we'll see how it all comes out soon enough, I can wait.