Dropping my private Health Insurance!

I had a few tests done to try to identify a few strange aches (not pain). Probably related to aging but, I wanted to be sure. I've been a smoker for 20+ years (my father-in-law just died from stage 4 cancer). Nothing found. I think it's my diet.

The insurance company only paid a third of all the costs and left me with about $1000 in bills, after paying $3600 over the past year, to stay in the "club".

I always paid cash for doctor visits, etc, when I didn't have insurance. All of the time, payment plans were arranged, if need be.

It just makes more sense to pay the penalty $460, for me. I could pay off $3000 a year, of debt!

My wife knows a lot of people who qualified for "FREE" Health Insurance, based on their income, bullshit situations.

Our son, 19, qualified for free healthcare because, he was unemployed at the time.

I believe the VA is an option but, I don't want to go there until I'm already dying.

Who can I kick in the balls? I need to feel better.

Just needed to vent.

Edited by Sim_Player

Our $800/month insurance plan got cancelled at the beginning of the year because

it "didn't meet Obamacare criteria" or some BS like that.

We haven't bought into the commie healthcare plan either.

Kind of nervous with no major medical coverage though.

The penalty is on the honor system.  Therefore, if you claim financial hardship you do NOT have to pay it.  I personally would have no problem going this route and putting the money to my medical savings account.  No matter how much money I have, that $460 going to the govt. for this bull shit causes me extreme hardship.

The sheep think that ocare has run it's course.  This couldn't be farther from the truth.  The employer mandate has been (illegally) pushed back due to it being democratic political suicide and they don't want to touch it before the mid terms.  For the life of me, I can't understand why republicans are not screaming this from the rooftop's.  Maybe they are saving it for 2016???

When the mandate kicks in, I refuse to sign up for socialized medicine.  I will take what we are paying now and put it into a savings account.  When that runs out, I guess we're fucked.  I have some medical issues that will be with me till the end, so this will probably mean financial ruin for my family at some point.  This will be the case for most people as well.  

You are not alone Sim.  There are many out there that are in the same boat.  Many that are worse off because they are already very ill and now have nothing to cover their illness.

• Like 1

Although I am going through the same thing, I just want to say that I am sorry that you guys are dealing with this communist healthcare shit. I would say that it was the nail in the US coffin, but there are so many nails in it they are hitting each other and bending over at this point.

You ONLY pay about $3600.00 since O'care went into effect, WOW. Not meaning to be a smart ass, but our BC/BS insurance,that we pay out of pocket, went up to right at $1100.00 a month under this shit storm, with $4500.00 deductible EACH, and $14,000.00 extra out of pocket EACH. It used to cost use about $650.00 a month, with $1000.00 deduc. We are in the process of closeing down our business and going to take our chances, because if I had $18,500.00 when I walked into the hospital to plop down, I wouldn't need the stuff. This is nothing but a racket that's gotten 1000% worse because of the this asshole and his pipe dream of taking what we/you have and giving it to the ones that don't/want to WORK for it.

I'm sick and tired of working 3 times as hard and making 4 times less. Health care is NOT a right, NO ONE is intitled to it, if you want it, you should work and pay for it, though some may be able to afford better coverage than others. All things ARE NOT EQUAL in life and should not be made to be so........

• Like 3

My family is not insured any longer, and we pay out pocket now. What's the point of paying premiums you can't afford and still have to pay huge sums of money on top of that for all that is no longer covered. We just put the money aside we would have paid on old premiums.

I refuse to use the VA for so called health care. I'd rather take my chances with the local Veterinarian.

• Like 3

This bullshit obutfukercare is simply a massive gubmit land grab. Yep....when you die with all of the medical bills that weren't covered/or you couldn't/wouldn't pay, the gubmit will swoop in and confiscate whatever worldly possessions you might have left, they already do it actually, but we will see a tidal wave of this sort of thing in the future because of obutfukercare/Medicaid.

• Like 4

I now know that the greatest perk that spending a career in the military is the lifelong healthcare benefit (so far that is).

Tricare Standard:

No Premiums

$150 per person deductible

$1500 per person cap and

$3000.00 yearly catastrophic cap

Eff Obamacare...

Will Tricare be ruined by the employer mandate?

My plan was held over until the first of 2015

It is going away.

There will be no plan even close offered.

Should cost about 3x more.

I think every single Senator and Congressman should loose their doctors and their plans also.........................

then hang them along the fence outside the whitehouse by their feet

The Kenyan lies and is protected by both of the parties.   

DEATH TO THE ELITIST              super_man.gif

yes, i'm pissed also

Edited by read_the_wall
  • Like 1

From what I have read you can opt out now and the tax is minimul but it will go up every year. Also if you do are owed a refund they will duct the tax from said refund. I am wondering what happens once the tax is more than a refund and the is balance you owe? Do you get turned over to the IRS for unpaid taxes? After the supreme court ruled it was a tax it seems to me that the bill should be null and void since all revenue bills are required to be start in the House, which the ACA did not, it was started in the Senate. The shit will hit the fan in April when peoples refunds start getting reduced to pay the tax. I agree with AA they will get the money now or when you die. Its really just a matter of when.

The neighbor lady across the street from me was a widow when I bought this property, I'm not sure how old she was. So I'm guessing she got survivors benefits from her husbands death, not much of an income, but her youngest son stayed with her and prolly helped with the bills. So the woman gets cancer and after a year or so of fighting it, dies. Well it turns out that she was on medicaid and when she died the gubmit confiscated the property and sold it because she was on Medicaid. So the federal gubmit (via obutfukercare) has pushed this huge Medicaid expansion onto the states, Virginia's Governor refused to allow it and we all see where he is now, and the communist carpetbagger we now have is doing everything he can to make happen. If you end up on the gubmit tit (medicare), your property will be taken by the gubmit when you die, your family won't get SHIT.

This is communism people, you young folks on this forum better take a real good look at this shit, aint nothin free, and communism is plain fuken evil.

• Like 3

Its sad to me that premiums and increased deductibles is not more of a talking point. My premiums have almost tripled in 4 years, and the deductible and max out of pocket has gone through the roof.

But my neighbor gets a free (subsidized) personal trainer on O-Care because she is morbidly obese.

I now know that the greatest perk that spending a career in the military is the lifelong healthcare benefit (so far that is).

Tricare Standard:

No Premiums

$150 per person deductible

$1500 per person cap and

$3000.00 yearly catastrophic cap

Eff Obamacare...

Will Tricare be ruined by the employer mandate?

No, in fact we dropped my wife's insurance through her employer we had.  TriCare is officially "sanctioned" as okay by Ocare

Edited by Odd Man Out

I had a few tests done to try to identify a few strange aches (not pain). Probably related to aging but, I wanted to be sure. I've been a smoker for 20+ years (my father-in-law just died from stage 4 cancer). Nothing found. I think it's my diet.

The insurance company only paid a third of all the costs and left me with about $1000 in bills, after paying $3600 over the past year, to stay in the "club".

I always paid cash for doctor visits, etc, when I didn't have insurance. All of the time, payment plans were arranged, if need be.

It just makes more sense to pay the penalty $460, for me. I could pay off $3000 a year, of debt!

My wife knows a lot of people who qualified for "FREE" Health Insurance, based on their income, bullshit situations.

Our son, 19, qualified for free healthcare because, he was unemployed at the time.

I believe the VA is an option but, I don't want to go there until I'm already dying.

Who can I kick in the balls? I need to feel better.

Just needed to vent.

Register with the VA. It counts as a healthcare plan under the Affordable Care Act [sic]. Even if you don't use it, you can legally avoid the $460 penalty. 

Edited by Atomic Punk

I really hate the o-care.  I've been forced into it as a self-employed dad and husband.  My private insurance dropped me because I didn't have a plan that met the guidelines.  Even though I was told by our non-saluting president that we could keep it.  Then I also hear that a judge deemed the subsidies unconstitutional (haven't heard if they've resolved it).  I can't pay cash for my care and take the penalty...I don't make enough money.  I make decent money, but it's not enough.  My shoulder surgery was $20k.  My wife's Humira is $1,200 per shot....every week.  I have too much to lose with my family to risk getting nailed with 1 big event.  Don't get me wrong, I think medical prices are hyperinflated when you see what they accept for insurance contract.  My premiums now are $770 with a max out of pocket of $12,600 per person.  Depending on what happens next year, I may have to get a job with a union or mill, just for benefits.  We've had to plan our entire lives for the past 6 months over this insurance garbage.  I wish there was a different way.

For those who opt out, the bad news is they will take some or all of your tax refund for the penalty. However, that is good news if you structure everything in such a way as to pay a small amount April 15. The IRS may only collect the penalty from a potential refund. No refund, no penalty.

If you itemize your taxes, like we do, it should be pretty easy to make charitable donations throughout the year to offset the ObamaCare "FREEDOM TAX".

That's my plan, anyway.

This shitstorm is far from over. Just wait until it hits businesses, after the midterms. Tens of thousands of people will find themselves shopping for their own plans and seeing how expensive it really is.

Edited by Sim_Player

Its sad to me that premiums and increased deductibles is not more of a talking point. 

Do the republicans have ANY talking points?

They have had plenty go study

The media wont inform you

You go study dickhead.