GUYS,

QUICK, SOMEBODY INDICT THIS RAT-FACED COCKSUCKER!!!

TO BE REPLACED AS SOON AS A REPLACEMENT CAN BE FOUND.

HAS ANYONE HAD A SIGHTING ON JANET RENO LATELY?

JESS1344

Eric Holder To Step Down As Attorney General

September 25, 201410:40 AM ET

ap491400106998_wide-456dd4c535e0b796e754

Attorney General Eric Holder speaks during a Sept. 4 news conference at the Justice Department in Washington.

Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP

Eric Holder Jr., the nation's first black U.S. attorney general, is preparing to announce his resignation Thursday after a tumultuous tenure marked by civil rights advances, national security threats, reforms to the criminal justice system and 5 1/2 years of fights with Republicans in Congress.

Two sources familiar with the decision tell NPR that Holder, 63, intends to leave the Justice Department as soon as his successor is confirmed, a process that could run through 2014 and even into next year. A former U.S. government official says Holder has been increasingly "adamant" about his desire to leave soon for fear that he otherwise could be locked in to stay for much of the rest of President Obama's second term.

Holder already is one of the longest-serving members of the Obama Cabinet and ranks as the fourth-longest tenured AG in history. Hundreds of employees waited in lines, stacked three rows deep, in early February 2009 to witness his return to the Justice Department, where he previously worked as a young corruption prosecutor and as deputy attorney general — the second in command — during the Clinton administration.

But some of that early glow faded in part due to the politicized nature of the job and in part because of Holder's own rhetoric, such as a 2009 Black History Month speech where he said the country was "a nation of cowards" when it comes to discussions about racial tension.

Five years later, violence erupted between police and protesters in Ferguson, Mo., after a white policeman killed an unarmed black 18-year-old. And this time, the White House dispatched Holder to speak his piece, in effect jump-starting that conversation and helping to settle nerves in the frayed community.

Another huge controversy — over his decision to try the Sept. 11 plotters in a New York courthouse in the shadow of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center — prompted venomous reaction from lawmakers, New York City officials and some victims' families.

Under pressure that threatened his job and his legacy, the attorney general reversed his decision and instead sent the cases to military court — where they continue to languish even as Osama bin Laden's son-in-law and other terrorism defendants are serving life sentences in maximum-security prisons on American soil.

Holder most wants to be remembered for his record on civil rights: refusing to defend a law that defined marriage as between one man and one woman; suing North Carolina and Texas over voting restrictions that disproportionately affect minorities and the elderly; launching 20 investigations of abuses by local police departments; and using his bully pulpit to lobby Congress to reduce prison sentences for nonviolent drug crimes. Many of those sentences disproportionately hurt minority communities.

And then there's his relationship with Congress. From the day Holder's nomination was announced, Republicans led by Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., signaled that he would be a political lightning rod.

The attorney general's portfolio, which spans sensitive law enforcement cases and hot-button social issues including marijuana and gay marriage, didn't help. But even longtime aides say Holder didn't do enough to help himself by shrugging off preparations and moot sessions before congressional appearances and speaking off the cuff — and obliquely.

Things hit a crisis point when the GOP-led House voted him in contempt for refusing to hand over documents about a gun trafficking scandal known as Fast and Furious. That represented the first time an attorney general had ever been rebuked that way, but still Holder held on to his job.

In the end, the decision to leave was Holder's alone — the two sources tell NPR that the White House would have been happy to have him stay a full eight years and to avoid what could be a contentious nomination fight for his successor. Holder and Obama discussed his departure several times and finalized things in a long meeting over Labor Day weekend at the White House.

The attorney general told DOJ staff the news this morning and has called civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., and Ethel Kennedy, the widow of former AG Robert F. Kennedy.

The sources say a leading candidate for that job is Solicitor General Don Verrilli, the administration's top representative to the Supreme Court and a lawyer whose judgment and discretion are prized in both DOJ and the White House.

Friends and former colleagues say Holder has made no decisions about his next professional perch, but they say it would be no surprise if he returned to the law firm Covington & Burling, where he spent years representing corporate clients.

The friends say Holder is also considering donating his papers to a university in Washington, D.C., or his native New York, where he could establish a civil rights center to work more on law enforcement interactions with communities of color and host public forums on those issues.

Even though the attorney general has his eyes on the door, the two sources say several more policy and enforcement initiatives are underway and could be announced soon.

For instance, Holder sent a memo to U.S. attorneys Wednesday urging them not to use sentencing enhancements known as "851" tools to gain leverage in plea negotiations with defendants — in essence, threatening defendants into avoiding trial with huge amounts of prison time. The practice has been criticized by U.S. District Judge John Gleeson in Brooklyn and other jurists.

Holder is also expected to notify federal prosecutors in coming days that the Justice Department will no longer require defendants who plead guilty to waive their rights to appeal based on ineffective lawyering. Many U.S. attorneys now forgo that practice, but not all.

Long-awaited racial profiling guidelines for federal agents will be released soon, too. Those guidelines will make clear that sexual orientation, ethnicity and religion are not legitimate bases for law enforcement suspicion, but controversial mapping of certain communities — including Muslim Americans — would still be allowed for national security investigations, one of the sources said.

GUYS,

EVERYBODY REMEMBER THIS, THIS IS SOME OF THAT RAT-FACED FUCKS HANDIWORK, THE LAST TIME WE HAD A DICKTATER; BILLIARY CLINTON.

post-45478-0-17960100-1411664419.jpg

post-45478-0-56337700-1411664662.jpg

HERE'S THAT SAME LITTLE BOY, NOW A 

FULLY GROWN, FLAMIN'-FUCKIN'-COMMIE!

HOPEFULLY, SOMEDAY HE WAKES UP TO HOW

HE'S BEEN USED, AND "MOLES" 'EM OUT!

GUYS,

SPECULATION I'M HEARING, HE'S UP FOR THE SUPREME COURT, WITH GINSBERG OUT.

HOPEFULLY, HE'LL NEVER PASS CONFIRMATION!

JESS1344

Best thing I can say about this is I am glad I left D.O.J. eight years ago.  One of my friends, at my current office, worked with Mr. Holder, at D.O.J., back in the day.  My friend thinks rather highly of Mr. Holder.  I do note that my friend is much more liberal than I am.

• Like 2

I wish we had some inside info on the real reason. Either he's moving up, or some shits about to come out that will really make us puke....again.

I guarantee that something is coming that we are not going to like.  Now if he could get his brutha to resign...

• Like 2

I just heard Rush say holder might be maneuvering for a scotus appointment.Now I'm depressed...

Even if true, I don't think he has a chance in hell of winning senate approval. He has way too much baggage. It would be a bloodbath of epic proportions.

• Like 1

Fuck him and the racist horse he rode in on.  I wouldn't be surprise if he goes for the supreme court.  Minimum, Al Sharpton wannabe. 

Speaking of Sharpton...

AP The Rev. Al Sharpton said his civil rights organization, the National Action Network, is "engaged in immediate conversations" with the White House as they work to name a successor to Attorney General Eric Holder, who is set to announce his resignation Thursday afternoon.

"We are engaged in immediate conversations with the White House on deliberations over a successor whom we hope will continue in the general direction of Attorney General Holder," Sharpton said in a statement.

I just heard Rush say holder might be maneuvering for a scotus appointment.

Now I'm depressed...

This is a last chance for them to throw a "hail Mary" -  Holder resigns, lame duck DEM Senate approves an equally vile person for AG, and then Holder is put on the SCOTUS in a highly irregular recess appointment, then the SCOTUS rules the appointment valid - with Holder casting the swing vote!

Edited by G O B
I suspect that this is the true reason. ^

Interesting. No explanation given.

Edited by Sim_Player