patriot

Pro Patria Vigilans. Verbum Vincet

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

What do you think?

http://www.windowsph...87-53458c817350

Looks really good. I carry range/drop tables when I go long range shooting, but I have to guess incline. If this works, it'd be great.

ScreenShotMap_thumb1.pngIMG_0008.PNG

• Spacehog likes this

Fighting for your rights whether you deserve them or not. Pro Patria Vigilans
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein ...remember the Four BoxesJames 1:25
Tromix.....When it HAS to be Loud and Proud! 

#2 Spacehog

Spacehog

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

That looks very interesting. I have used the Nikon Spot On app for the ballistics calculator, and it allows you to enter most of the data including incline, but you have to do it manually. It works well for my needs, but doesn't automatically plug in a lot of the data like this app does. I don't know how I feel about using the data and location services on my phone to store data on my shooting sessions, capabilities, and training sessions. Smart phones are revolutionizing nearly every facet of life, but I feel we are throwing away every ounce of privacy with them, the more advanced the technology becomes.

I look forward to hearing your experience with it and review.
  • JC GoF likes this

#3 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Volunteer Moderator
  • 10,254 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Pretty cool. I have used STRELOK... works good for me... and FREE

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#4 Long Shot

Long Shot

How many is too many?

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

I use " Shooter " ( ballistic calculator) on my IPhone.

It works very well. It asks for a lot of data to get set up but It's all relevant for calculation. Once input it's super fast and easy to use in the field. ( just dial in the distance and wind and the firing solution is instantly there on the screen)

It does have a long list of features and will sync up with the local weather station for current conditions, altitude, barometric pressure , look angle( using the inclinometer in the phone),longitude for Coriolis effect, wind speed and angle, etc. etc.

A built in GPS distance calc would be handy but it doesn't have that feature in it
I use a golf app called "Distance map" for GPS ranging which BTW works quite well.

The obvious down side is if you're out of service area it's useless. You can however print a dope card for an infinite verity of conditions and range so there is that.

I've heard it won't work with IOS 8.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return post and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.

#5 patriot

patriot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

No Windows Phone version.

"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein ...remember the Four BoxesJames 1:25

#6 Long Shot

Long Shot

How many is too many?

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

No Windows Phone version.

That sucks,

I was wondering about that. I know it works for android and iPhone. Then I noticed you use windows after I posted.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return post and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system.

#7 patriot

patriot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

I don't shoot long range much right now....I just thought it was cool. When I was, it would have been nice, along with a Kestrel for wind doping.

@ 1KM, wind can put your round clear off your target and on to the lane next to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users