Range Review of the new 20 rd Asian mags and the 30rd Croats

So I do not have any pics yet but in the next day or two I will have some video (just shooting not a review or anything)

On my range outing today I used

2 different AK platform weapons, my Saiga 7.62 and my mini Draco.

4 different magazines types 30rd Bulgy Waffles and the 30 rd Croats as well as 20rd Hungarian Tankers and the 20 rd "Asians" I had sets of four of each type of mag and reloaded the Croats and asians 3 times each

I will not say anything about the Hungarian Tankers and the Bulgy Waffles they are both awesome

The Croats did not fit in my Draco but performed flawlessly in my Saiga

The 20 rd "Asians" fit in both and performed as good as the Hungarian Tankers

Both the Croats and Asians are a skinnier metal at the feed lips and the front tab and back lug.

I did not do drop tests, they are "surplus" so i didn't think i needed to, but i did do the "Iraqi reload" and there is no evidence of any damage or scuffing on either type.

I am completely satisfied with the 20 rd Asians and if the Croats had fit the Draco I would have been completely satisfied with them. That being said, I will not use 30 rd mags in my Mini Draco, so I personally am fine with the Croats.

Edit to add SLR rifleworks SR47 Muzzlebreak is awesome. I shot 60 rd without it then put it on and there was noticeable difference in both muzzlerise and felt recoil

Edited by dieb4iwake
  • Like 2