so my Glock 17 ejects weak w/ the suppressor attached...

G17, storm lake barrel, osprey 45 can.  Lubed gun & piston well.  Acts about the same w/ 115g WWB ball and 147g Gold dot.  

ejection is weak, forward left/up.  

What do? 

If I go w/ maybe a 14 lb action spring, does anyone make a plastic guide rod like hte OEM so it will flex w/ the damn dust cover or is a metal rod the only option?

Thx 

• Like 1

I wouldn't replace the mainspring on the Glock with a weaker spring unless it's your only option. The Osprey is a pretty heavy can, and SilencerCo does this weird thing where they make all their LID devices interchangeable between cans - I've always thought they might not do the best job matching spring strength to caliber by going with a universal approach. You might contact them and see if they make a stronger piston spring - if so, it's a simple drop-in replacement.

Stronger.

Also, here's a video:

I haven't watched it all the way through, but it might be helpful for disassembling/cleaning the can if nothing else.

If I were you, I'd just call SilencerCo and ask for their advice. They'll know a hell of a lot more than I do. I've gotten to use a few of their cans, but never had the spare cash to invest in one.

• Like 1

they said all springs are the same strength for all caliber cans.  The can is the same weight, or even lighter than the long 9mm version of the can.

He suggeted it might be the fit of the barrel is a little too tight in the slide.  The thing did say fitting may be required, it is a storm lake, and it didin't seem to want to go in readily when I first tried.  

Otherwise a weaker action spring might help inclese slide velocity??

they said all springs are the same strength for all caliber cans.  The can is the same weight, or even lighter than the long 9mm version of the can.

He suggeted it might be the fit of the barrel is a little too tight in the slide.  The thing did say fitting may be required, it is a storm lake, and it didin't seem to want to go in readily when I first tried.  

Otherwise a weaker action spring might help inclese slide velocity??

lol,

it seems that my front sight was dragging on the underside of this optic mount pretty bad.  I took a little off both, I bet that will clear it up.  I'll have to test it out again.  

Looks like you probably got it figured out. The whole one-size-fits all thing just seems like a bad call - but I don't know more than the basics about suppressor or booster design. Barrel fitment is very likely a part of the problem. Hopefully the front sight/optic mount issue clears your problem up. I've never owned a Storm Lake barrel - I have a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel in one of my Glocks, a model 23 I threw a model 19 slide on. It's never caused me any problems.

i am really impressed w/ the storm lake barrel just in terms of its apparent workmanship.  I compared the chamber to the factory chamber, thnking maybe it would have more support and sharper edges than my 9mm barrel on the feed ramp area.  Per my eye, it had the same amount of case support, and the ramp was more blended into the chamber.  It looks as if it would be more reliable than the factory barrel even. 

The 45 cal worl barrel, it was fully supported with a different feed ramp angle.  I actually worked it a little to make it more like the factory ramp/chamber so that I wouldn't be giving up any feeding reliability.   Still not sure whether the suppressor or the 45 LWD barrel is pushing my POI so much.   Maybe I can find a rental gun w/ threads.