Obviously I meant $845k.  But can't edit the subject.

I find it hard to give a flying...

Hybrid supercars. What a bunch of PC bullshit.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/-845-000-porsche-918-spyder-burns-to-the-ground-in-canadian-gas-station-144641085.html

Edited by Darth Saigus

In a gas station... of course!  :eek:

My buddy used to work at a gas station years ago... WHY is it that when someone thinks their car is/might be on fire they pull in to a place with several thousand gallons of flammable liquid right below their fucking feet?!  :wacko:

Happened at his place 4 times in less than a year.

Not exactly a piece of shit. It's how Porshce showed the world that not all hybrid cars have to be pussy.

The fueling is done very close to the exhaust manifold and headers. It was not the batteries exploding like in the prius. It was operator error. Don't spill gas on your race car, yuppie.

• Like 2

Recalled for a dip shit yuppie pouring gas on a hot engine? I guess all the pistols used in crimes need to be recalled now.

Anybody who calls this car a piece of shit is either just fucking around or is completely insane and knows jack shit about cars.

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=787

This car currently holds the record at Nordschleife, for production cars. The Dodge Viper ACR is now second place after holding the record for over 2 years.

The shitty prius gave people a bad impression of electric combined with gas. This isn't just about being green because this certainly won't win any earth friendly awards. It pukes fuel when driven. The electric motors are more of a boost. If you were silly enough to use just electric on this vehicle, you would be lucky to get 12 miles range out of it.

Damn, hybrids. They are all over the place around here. Mostly in the form of locomotive on the Great Northern Railroad operated by BNSF. :(

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 2

It was porsche showing the world that you can make a $850k car perform as well as a $200k car by just adding some batteries and some electric motors.

It was porsche showing the world that you can make a $850k car perform as well as a $200k car by just adding some batteries and some electric motors.

In a way, yes. Not only did it beat it. It did so with more weight and less displacment. The ACR isn't really a car you would feel really good about driving on a normal road. It is a prduction vehicle but the suspension and engine is esentially a race car. The service of the ACR is that of a race car as well, the porsche can run the track and then go to the golf club and continue another 100K miles with normal service intervals.

The viper is a really cool car but it does not handle like the porsche. The viper killed it in the straight lines, blindingly pulling ahead of the competition, then braking hard before the corners and dealing with the handling on the corners. The straight line speed made up for the handling.

I will never drive either cars but if given the chance, it would be the porsche all day long. The all wheel drive would be amazing with the 100+ hp and torque assistance from the electric motors inside the corners. The ergonomics and the very high RPM engine would also sound a lot better than the ACR.

I think you can still get an ACR model made only for racing still. Not street legal but if you could afford it, why not take it for a spin on the roads!

Porsche really pissed a lot of people off when they went from oil cooled to liquid cooled in 99. It took time for people to adjust to it but, they are still a very good company that wins races, hauls balls and shows off their engineering capabilites from time to time.