Preferred Foregrip (if any)

I've read some previous threads, and it seems that several members prefer to go without a foregrip on an S-12, or prefer to use the mag as a grip.  If you were to go with a foregrip, which do you like best and why?  I'm considering the Larue FUG and the Troy, but I don't have much experience using a foregrip, so I'm open to suggestion.  I assume it would help to control a weapon with heavy recoil.  Would appreciate advice and opinions.  Thanks.

I have logged a few rounds on the S12 platform. At first I used a vert grip. It didn't take long to figure out that I could control the weapon much better by using the mag as a vert grip with elbows down, so I lost the vert grip. Search Saiga 12 100, 200, SBS, and alive if you want to watch some video of someone actually raping it like they have a pair ;)

"Mall Ninja"...hahaha.  I've heard "ninja" many times before, but the "mall" addition makes it that much funnier.  I don't like to use grips on my other black guns, but I thought the S-12 may need a little extra control.  To be honest, I've never fired it yet.  I bought it, but I've been out of the country for the past year.  Looking forward to forming my own opinion, but I appreciate the feedback. 

"Mall Ninja"...hahaha.  I've heard "ninja" many times before, but the "mall" addition makes it that much funnier.  I don't like to use grips on my other black guns, but I thought the S-12 may need a little extra control.  To be honest, I've never fired it yet.  I bought it, but I've been out of the country for the past year.  Looking forward to forming my own opinion, but I appreciate the feedback. 

Then you're going to LOVE this. Long, but absolutely worth the read.

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

• Like 1

I think some sites set the tone for what people view as what they should have sometimes. You see a quad railed, vert gripped, handstopped, breacher braked, flashlit, pig of a weapon and it may look kind of cool if you don't realize it is pounds heavier than what you need. I get it. I went through the same thing to some degree with ARs. After I started figuring out what really worked everything got much more simple, snag free, and light, not to mention more economical. Now, I try to see just how much I can take from a weapon and still leave an effective, reliable, quick to deploy, durable firearm. See avatar.... ;)

Yahoo search " evl perspective " for some tips on how to control a long gun.

• Like 2

HILARIOUS!! Thanks!

I think some sites set the tone for what people view as what they should have sometimes. You see a quad railed, vert gripped, handstopped, breacher braked, flashlit, pig of a weapon and it may look kind of cool if you don't realize it is pounds heavier than what you need. I get it. I went through the same thing to some degree with ARs. After I started figuring out what really worked everything got much more simple, snag free, and light, not to mention more economical. Now, I try to see just how much I can take from a weapon and still leave an effective, reliable, quick to deploy, durable firearm. See avatar.... ;)

Yahoo search " evl perspective " for some tips on how to control a long gun.

Sound advice evl. I'll search for your tips.

I don't like to use grips on my other black guns, but I thought the S-12 may need a little extra control.

I don't use a forward grip on my Saiga12 and I control it just fine. The reason I don't use one is because I don't have a support arm for it to be of much use to me LMFAO! Take it from me, its not a hard gun to learn to shoot but you will need to maintain those skill sets to be proficient at it....aka range time! (NOT the AWOL Corey & Erica Range Time)

I use a short foregrip (I can't remember the brand)--and I don't consider it Mall Ninja equipment.  bad_smile.gif

My grip position is a light c-grip on the fore-end of the weapon. 

I wedge my hand into the gap created between the top of the VFG and the lower fore-end, so my pinky and ring finger hit the top of the VFG, my middle is on the bottom of the fore-end, and my thumb wraps around the side.  It's a standard recoil-managing grip good for close-quarters.  It is not the exagerated C that has become all the rage with competition shooters.

It's the same grip I used in while service, and it's serviced me well.

Do NOT be drinking coffee during this read.  hilarious stuff.  my favorite quote is the guy who has a trauma plate duct taped to his back and says (The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition.).    Ya, i'd be a bit concerned quite a bit before this time..........:)

• Like 1

I like the smaller of the two styles of AFG whichever one that was. I don't care whether it is mall ninja or not, it is comfortable to me. I had actually started to carve something like that out of wood when they came out.

That said, none of my guns wear them at the moment. I also really like the contour of the AK74 type forend and that's what is on both of my S12s. I actually like the factory forend too, but I would like it better with an AFG.

Use what you like and don't let any one else talk you out of it.

I've tried half a dozen various grips over the last 5 or 6 years and I keep returning to the Magpul AFG. Granted, I have a fused wrist on my support hand (and limited grip), so some sort of added grip seems to work better for ME. The Magpul short vertical was pretty comfortable though, I have to admit. If I ever mount a flashlight on my S12, I might go back to the short VG. We'll see.

• Like 1