What is your favoraite gas regulator (plug)

Sorry about the title. Damn fingers....

I have tried the MD Arms gas regulator and it is just too hard to read. Lack of aggressive texture is a sticking point as well.

I have tried the Autoplug and it is great for its intended use in a good running S12, but it doesn't fit my needs.

I have tried the DPH regulator on someone's S12 and I like the markings, texture, and ease of adjustment. I would like to have one and modify it a little to make it lighter. So far, I like this design the best from what I have been able to use first hand.

What is your favorite and why? Is there anything out there better than the DPH in terms of easy to read markings, easy adjustment, and aggressive texture on the exposed portion?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Modded autoplug. It does all the jobs then.

GunFun what do you mean by modded?

Yes GunFun, do tell. I've got a couple of autoplugs and there is a large range of distances that hulls are thrown just among various 2 3/4" loads. Have you improved consistency, and/or added magnums to its capability, or what?

Edited by JohnnyE

I have never used it (but am sure there are people here who have) and do not know if it is even available any longer but there was a TAC 47 Manual Plug you could add to your list:

http://www.tac47.com...anual-plug.html

It looks like it is a 3 position (or 4 if you can set it to totally closed).

-bp

GunFun what do you mean by modded?

This. There are a couple threads which discuss it in greater detail, if you search around.

I have another one awaiting mods on my '108. I plan to make a how to vid when I get the time to do that.