Recoil spring grittyness

When the bolt-carrier is about 10cm from the rearmost position there is a lot of resistance with a very gritty feel from the recoil-spring. You can also hear it being far from smooth.

It's the same thing with heavy and light springs. Anyone got any tips of how to make that part of the cycle more smooth? Like some other people I'm having issues with light loads (even after polishing up the bold and making sure the ports are not covered by the gas-block and using lighter springs) so

I'm trying to get the action as smooth as possible and right now this is the worst bit. The bolt-carrier does not jam at the back but i can feel that there is some resistance when i let it go.

Any tips are welcome :)

/jake

It's quite common for the guide rod to drag on the guide shaft of the recoil assembly. also if it makes a ratcheting sound the spring maybe catching on the hole in the back of the carrier so you can blend that. if you're having major issues with the guide rod the JTE Teflon one does work very well

Somewhere in the travel you're speaking of is when the bold head starts to drag on the hammer also so check that interference