Totally Salvovating right now....

Got a delivery yesterday from the UPS guy:

post-21036-0-03647100-1412474409_thumb.jpg

Its not mine but I got to handle it a bit. Its HUGE - like over a foot long and 2.2 pounds - here it is next to a 9mm Wraith:

post-21036-0-42793700-1412474574_thumb.jpg

I guess you can take sections of it out, but it has rails down the tube to contain the wad:

post-21036-0-36872200-1412474763_thumb.jpg

Front End:

post-21036-0-94041400-1412474799_thumb.jpg

It has not been mounted but I would think the weight/length at the end of any barrel over probably 10 inches would be very cumbersome. Still, totally cool to see.

The future of tube guns!:(web pic)

post-21036-0-09259400-1412475755_thumb.jpg

Edited by negev5021
  • Like 3

Did it include any mounting hardware?  Seems they are beginning to ship the Salvo but the mounts\adapters\chokes are not being shipped yet. 

It did not ship with any mounts, and I hear the S12 mount is like $250... my SBS is in pieces right now but what motivation to assemble! 

The rails seems like a fragile way to do that. I would be more comfortable with a slotted or drilled tube.

I'd like to see pics about the mounting system, as that was my main concern about these. 

I'd looked at it a while back, but never saw any closeups of the mount. Initially it looked like they only intended to sell it for tube guns and that you would have to send your gun in to them for a permanent install.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an unofficial update for anyone interested: Salvos are shipping and I have seen prices between $999 and $1200 PLUS cost of a choke at ~$100 for one up to $250 for three.  Remington chokes are shipping now (I have yet to see any) but Saiga chokes are not planned for release until 2015.  SilencerCo says no shorter than 10" barrels or you void your warranty and risk permanent damage. 

Salvo 12 have the following limitations that you should be aware of:
- 10” bbl to 15″ barrel = 2 3/4” shells, 1350 fps or less ammo
- 16” barrel or longer = 2 3/4″ or 3” shells, 1550 fps or less ammo
- NO 3 1/2″ shells
- only wadded shot at this time  

Use this guide to help determine which choke kit you need:
 •Remington Choke Kit Fits: 870, 887, 11-87, 1100
 •Remington Pro Bore Fits: Versamax, 105 cti, 1100 Competition, 870 Bone Collector
 •Mossberg, Browning, FNH, Winchester Fits: Pretty much any threaded choke from these brands
 •Benelli Mobil Style Fits: Nova, SuperNova, M4, M1, Beretta: A300 3901, Weatherby: SA-08, PA-08, SA-459, PA-459
 •Benelli Crio Style Fits: Super Black Eagle 2, M2, Super Vinci, Vinci Tactical, Vinci, Ultralight, Sport 2, Legacy Sport, Super Sport, Cordoba
 •Saiga/Vepr: External muzzle device threaded using M22x75 threads

The exhaust on my bike and car make them louder but put silencers on my guns to make them quieter.  Go figure...  At any rate, provided the info for those interested. 

I appreciated it. I wanted one of these, but they really paint the thing into a corner with all of those conditions.

It's weird that they don't list the limits in terms of pressure. The FPS doesn't mean much without the weight of the shot, and obviously the peak pressure and sustained impulse is what they are really concerned about.

I want these to succeed for the same reason I want cadiz's to. More choices. Rifle and handgun cans have gone through massive improvement in the last 8 or so years. These could too. A lot of the time you grab a shotgun in a hurry or you are stalking something where you want to hear what is going on. While extra weight and bulk is not great on the end of a shotgun, the ability to grab and fire without trying to get earpro on is pretty big. 

If cadiz was selling the model T, and RJF was selling a stutz, this is something like a 1st gen T-bird. It is a way of showing off features and inspiring demand and competition. It might make them some money too.  Give it a few years and the competition will have a shorter lighter can which has a broader application. These make sense for hunting without hearing protection -even if not completely hearing safe with all the likely ammo. They would probably be fun with slugs too,

• 1 month later...