about 20 years ago I had to change from a righty to a lefty, my right eye would not focus .last month it suddenly hit me that while I was getting scopes ,red dots and new sight I was still having trouble seeing.so a trip to the eye doctor went well ,I have cateracts  in both eyes .the 9th I get the right eye fixed then 2 weeks later the left one.any one else have this done?

I have nothing to offer in answer to your question.  But, I suspect that it will help you greatly.

I've always had 2010.  My vision when getting physicals used to make nurses laugh as I'd go straight to the bottom line.  Now I wear fucking glasses and fucking hate them.  I have a consultation on the 14th for lasik.  I can't wait to get it done.  

my wife had lasik  lasted 20, years now she wears glasses again,but 20 years without glasses is a good thing.

It's my understanding that you can get a lasik "tune-up".

That is true mine came with a lifetime garuantee. So free enhancements. My vision is currently 2015 after LASIK. Worth every penny.

a little scaird  working on a new set [wish me well] God bless.

I don't blame you.  Vision, even when screwed up is priceless.  You'll be ok.  Looking forward to you posting up how great your vision is and how you wish this had been done years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I have nothing to offer in answer to your question.  But, I suspect that it will help you greatly.

I've always had 2010.  My vision when getting physicals used to make nurses laugh as I'd go straight to the bottom line.  Now I wear fucking glasses and fucking hate them.  I have a consultation on the 14th for lasik.  I can't wait to get it done.  

Make sure you research all of the potential drawbacks too. The lasik doctor probably won't say much about that, but my eye doctor did.

Lasic has more bad side effects the older you are when you have it done.Corneas heal slower that any other part of your body. If you are a half a century or older, then it is not such a good idea.

Lasic has more bad side effects the older you are when you have it done.Corneas heal slower that any other part of your body. If you are a half a century or older, then it is not such a good idea.

to late to worry about that now,anyway headlights are killing me,had to do something or quite driving

Many years ago wife was the youngest patient her doctor had done cateract lens replacement surgery to. The change was immediate and immensely beneficial. I have had Lasix, and that was also and incredible improvement. I was legally blind before. 20/400 and 20/600. After I was 20/20R - 20/15L. I'm due for an enhancement in my left eye. I also need to wear glasses when reading and most of my long guns have an optic on them due to presbiopia. Oh well...