Federal Court Blocks Texas Voter ID Law, Calling It A 'Poll Tax&#3

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/09/texas-voter-id_n_5962674.html

"In a 147-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos, an appointee of President Barack Obama confirmed to the bench in 2011, ruled that the law passed by Texas legislators and signed by Gov. Rick Perry ® took an “unorthodox” approach they knew would have a disparate impact on minority voters. The law requires voters to produce government-issued identification before casting a ballot."

Interesting, yet I would be arrested if I did not produce an ID if pulled over or stopped in the street...  Voting is reserved for American citizen's, so tell me why is it that I HAVE TO PRODUCE AN ID when I go to vote?

I suggest contacting your government !!!!!!  This is an act of treason defrauding our voting system....

Edited by 308saiga

"In a 147-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos, an appointee of President Barack Obama confirmed to the bench in 2011, ruled that the law passed by Texas legislators and signed by Gov. Rick Perry ® took an “unorthodox” approach they knew would have a disparate impact on minority voters. The law requires voters to produce government-issued identification before casting a ballot."

Interesting, yet I would be arrested if I did not produce an ID if pulled over or stopped in the street...  Voting is reserved for American citizen's, so tell me why is it that I HAVE TO PRODUCE AN ID when I go to vote?

I suggest contacting your government !!!!!!  This is an act of treason defrauding our voting system....

Uh... If you're arrested for failing to produce ID stopped on the street, you're being falsely arrested. No law requires you to carry ID. You are required to carry a driver's license while operating a motor vehicle. If you choose to leave your identification in the vehicle when you exit, or in your home when you go for a walk - that's your call. Many (perhaps all) states have laws requiring you to identify yourself upon law enforcement request or upon arrest. That does NOT require you to have a document on your person at all times to prove that identity.

• Like 1

Uh... If you're arrested for failing to produce ID stopped on the street, you're being falsely arrested. No law requires you to carry ID. You are required to carry a driver's license while operating a motor vehicle. If you choose to leave your identification in the vehicle when you exit, or in your home when you go for a walk - that's your call. Many (perhaps all) states have laws requiring you to identify yourself upon law enforcement request or upon arrest. That does NOT require you to have a document on your person at all times to prove that identity.

Yep. In most states, you are required to give name, date of birth, and address. Does not matter if you say it or show it on a document.

Voting, the only thing in life that you don't need I.D. for.

Wait a minute.................you MUST produce either a valid voter ID card, or a government issued picture ID before you cast a ballot in Virginia bad_egg.gif

Haha...  Colorado, the epicenter of voter corruption.  They send out mail in ballots for all to steal.  

If you truly want to vote and ID is required in your state, you will find a way to get an ID to do so.  The hispanic/black community should be insulted that the powers that be think that they are too stupid to be able to get an ID to vote.  Too bad they're not.

• Like 1

Shandlanos, on 10 Oct 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

In the State of Florida yes you do, granted that if you do not come across as shady or evasive they may just let you go with a warning, they can arrest here until you prove who you are or book you as John Doe...

“So when can police ask for ID?

Carrying an ID is generally required if you’re driving a vehicle or a passenger on a commercial airline. These requirements have been upheld on the slippery premise that individuals who prefer not to carry ID can choose not to drive or fly.

From here, ID laws only get more complicated. In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the Supreme Court upheld state laws requiring citizens to reveal their identity when officers have reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place. Commonly known as “stop-and-identify” statutes, these laws permit police to arrest criminal suspects who refuse to identify themselves.

http://www.flexyourrights.org/faqs/when-can-police-ask-for-id/

What I think is funny is that it is not about immigration, IT IS ABOUT SLAVERY, it is about the rich being able to pay a cheap wage. I mean former Pres Abraham Lincoln liberated all men from slavery way back when, so the white man (The Government) has to circumvent somehow.

The same goes for The Clean Air Act, when big business found out that they would have to pay millions to convert their plants to comply with new regulations what did Bush allow to happen? Made in China, again circumventing the law....

It is all about the money

The truth is so obvious that we are long past any doubt that federal judges care about the law or the Constitution. 

Nobody could possibly believe that it is unfair to expect a citizen to obtain ID.  This is about destroying the integrity of the voting system.  It's about making sure the left is free to "find" as many votes as needed.

The left has been seeding the courts with leftist America haters for decades.  They now have the tools they need in place to stage their coup.

The great nation I was born in has rotted through and through.

• Like 3

Darth,

Well said.

The only reason to support voting with no ID is to allow fraud.

There is no legitimate argument against requiring ID.

I remember when these crooked sons-o-bithces would at least put on appearances of subtlety and nuance but those days are long gone. Now it seems corruption is not just tolerated but expected and embraced as a means to an end.

The frog has reached 212 degrees.

• Like 2

In Texas as in Louisiana we have a long history with voter fraud. LBJ wasn't called lying Lyndon for nothing. His fraud completely fucked this country sideways, which we are stiff suffering

from today.

1948 U.S. Senate election

Jim Wells County is known as the home of "Box 13", the infamous ballot box which gave Lyndon Baines Johnson an 86-vote edge over popular former governor Coke Stevenson in the Democratic primary election. It was later demonstrated that these 200 votes were "stuffed" into the ballot box after the polls had closed.[7] Johnson went on to win the election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Wells_County,_Texas

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

In Texas as in Louisiana we have a long history with voter fraud. LBJ wasn't called lying Lyndon for nothing. His fraud completely fucked this country sideways, which we are stiff suffering

from today.

It's been down hill ever since. You can thank this POS for welfare and the tremendous debt we face now. We have decades to endure what Klinton and especially barry have done to destroy the US. Yes, the repub. turds have contributed but what barry has gotten away with (illegal scandals, one after the other with proof the whitehouse is involved) has most likely doomed this country. I.E. point of no return with illegals voting and massive fraud backed by the SCOTUS.

Just ONE of these scandals in a repub. administration would have ended in impeachment long ago because the repub. pussies would have bent over once the press got behind it.

This can't be fixed. Like a house destroyed by termites, this will have to be torn down and built again.

Wanna bet? Vote for me for Pres of the US in 2016, first act after sworn in: Sentence the US Supreme Court to death for the act of treason against the constitution of the US...  What was it they said? It is OK for big business to have out polititions in their back pocket...

This can't be fixed. Like a house destroyed by termites, this will have to be torn down and built again.

Wanna bet? Vote for me for Pres of the US in 2016, first act after sworn in: Sentence the US Supreme Court to death for the act of treason against the constitution of the US...  What was it they said? It is OK for big business to have out polititions in their back pocket...

Can't vote you in as president. Write-ins won't win any electoral votes. Get "The 538" to vote you in, then carry on with your plans.

Can't vote you in as president. Write-ins won't win any electoral votes. Get "The 538" to vote you in, then carry on with your plans.

Huh! accordind to the Constitution only 3 requirements are needed and I have all 3, yes Obama I can prove where I WAS BORN!!!!  Any attempt to stop ones rights is called an act of treason. 

You people want real change, lower taxes, JOBS at the real minimum wage, and specially Justice for all?  Vote me in....

There is no slap on the hand for those intrusted to uphold the laws in this country, case and point, FL Congressman Heistings, while a sitting judge takes a $150K bribe to throw a case, was caught and now is and has been a Congressman......

Huh! accordind to the Constitution only 3 requirements are needed and I have all 3, yes Obama I can prove where I WAS BORN!!!!  Any attempt to stop ones rights is called an act of treason. 

You people want real change, lower taxes, JOBS at the real minimum wage, and specially Justice for all?  Vote me in....

There is no slap on the hand for those intrusted to uphold the laws in this country, case and point, FL Congressman Heistings, while a sitting judge takes a $150K bribe to throw a case, was caught and now is and has been a Congressman......

And people in our gubmit have the nerve to accuse other gubmits of corruption bad_egg.gif

I didn't know, or don't remember all of that about that particular price of shit, but it invoked no reaction of surprise from me  Johnboy.gif

Sorry aint looking for a savior here. That is akin to a unicorn hunt.

Now if you said the first thing that would happen is closing about half of federal depts and revoking all previous EOs that might be a step in the sane direction. If one such person was allowed to actually take office...

The power to exact vengeance is also the power to sow tyranny.