Starting this post because I am stuck at a crossroad.   I have had a certain sling upstairs tucked away in storage for quite some time now and I cannot seem to find any information ANYWHERE regarding it.  It has on it "KALASHNIKOV USA" on the front and "MADE IN RUSSIA" stamped on the back.  There is also some stamping on the leather.   I find it to be a pretty cool piece.   I would love it someone could educate me a little bit more on it.  I also searched forums and was not able to find anything, but sorry in advance if there is already a topic.   Thanks guys

Posted below are a few pictures I took before heading off to work.   I know the quality is kind of crappy, but let me know if this sling is even worth anything.   thanks again

post-48592-0-18124400-1412965389_thumb.jpeg

Front

post-48592-0-46174700-1412965391_thumb.jpeg

Front zoomed

post-48592-0-97482000-1412965393_thumb.jpeg

Back

post-48592-0-26978500-1412965396_thumb.jpeg

Made in Russia Print

post-48592-0-39382100-1412965398_thumb.jpeg

Some kind of logo/phrase stamped into the leather

was wondering if there was any history behind it.

I have one that came with my TIGR,  it's a SVD sling.   yours is just pimped out with a label and stamping on the leather tabs,  but never the less it's a SVD sling

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

The guns that were imported in '98 - 2000 by Kalashnikov USA came with these slings or they were sold by the importer. I have their old catalog here somewhere. I have two of those S-12s and both came with these awesome slings. One has the same stamp in the leather the other has the made In Russia stamp on the back. Then two more of my older import guns have the same style Russian slings without the K-USA sewn into them. Don't see too many of them but they do occasionally come up for sale on the forums.

• Like 3

Yep stated above, they came in with company called Kalashnikov USA which I presume just never got established well enough and then seemed to dissappear.

The slings show up very infrequently on the gun websites and indeed there was an offering on Ebay or gunbroker or somewhere where I bought a small number of them quite a few years ago.  I searched extensively using all the info I could find from my purchase, related paperwork and financial details. Later I sent multiplle emails to all the names I could locate but got no responses. 

I believe the $50 sale you located may have been mine.  I feel that as well made as these slings are and the harder they are to obtain, they are well worth at least $50. Others may think Im nuts.  I figure I'll just hang on to the couple I have until I get an offer I cant refuse.

RELATED:  I just recieved an emailing on a new Larry Vickers AK sling that is designed like a standard mustard/tan? canvas sling with his modern features aqdded to it. Very nice looking IMHO and his usual low pricing  ....$60   cough, cough 

Best of luck

Harv

Edited by HarvKY
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...