That looks like one of those nifty S&W 10mm guns they used to pack.

I worked at a prosecutor's office about a decade ago. One of the funnier cases I read was about a couple cops who shared a house. They were off duty and had their duty gear at home while they were hitting bars or something. A couple burglars got in and got their guns. The case was a huge pain because it was like every cop in a hundred mile radius got involved and I had to send them all subpoenas every time a court date changed. They all hated me for it. Moral of the story: when cops say they don't have the staff hours to investigate your burglary promptly remember that those staff hours can magically appear when it is a burglary on one of their own which can embarrass the department.

IIRC there were over 40 cops just on the witness list. There were a lot of others who were involved who did not require subpoenas.

Chances are if I lost any of my guns or any were stolen, I would be suspended without pay until after the hearing. By Directive, my gun(s) are to be on my person or secured in a safe. Unsecured in a locked house or automobile wouldn't be and acceptable reason for loss by theft. 

Different department's protocols vary.

Edited by YOT
  • Like 1