Semper Lie: Marine Corps Commandant James Amos padded resume

GUYS,

The Marine Corps is acknowledging that the retiring commandant, Gen. James Amos, did not attend the Corps‘ officers training school, though he told the Senate Armed Services Committee in a signed resume that he had graduated in 1972.

A Corps official told an inquiring congressman last week that Gen. Amos graduated from The Basic School on Feb. 28, 1977, through a correspondence course.

A FRIGGIN' CORRESPONDANCE COURSE, ARE YOU SHITTIN' ME??

1972 TO 1977, BIT OF DIFFERENCE THERE.

Corps officials portray the off-site attendance as within reason because he transferred to the Marine Corps from the Navy, which commissioned him as an officer in 1970. An aviator, Gen. Amos was commissioned a Marine officer in January 1972, the same resume indicates.

NO COMMENT.....

Amid pomp and tradition, Gen. Amos, the 35th commandant, passes command to Gen. Joseph Dunford on Friday at the Marine Barracks parade grounds in Washington.      

SO, THREE FRIGGIN' DAYS BEFORE THIS SCUM RETIRES, THIS COMES OUT?     THIS SOB SHOULD BE STOOD UP IN FRONT OF HQMC, HAVE HIS RANK AND EMBLEMS CUT OFF HIS UNIFORM, HIS SWORD BROKEN, AND BE DRUMMED OFF THE PROPERTY WITH THE TWO BIGGEST MP's THEY CAN FIND FIRMLY GRASPING HIS ARMS.    

FUCKING DISGRACE TO THE UNIFORM............    

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING NOT RIGHT WITH HIM WHEN HE ILLEGALLY EXERTED COMMAND INFLUENCE ON THOSE COURT MARTIALS!    

JESS1344
Semper Lie: Marine Corps Commandant James Amos padded resume

Edited by JESS1344

seeing how he had a military career with resume and only about 1 in 5 elected officials have ever served I'd still salute him and thank him for his service.

Might add on some of my resumes I’m sure I said I was a Thunderbird pilot or a tail gunner on a Minuteman missile.

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 1

A Corps official told an inquiring congressman last week that Gen. Amos graduated from The Basic School on Feb. 28, 1977, through a correspondence course.

A FRIGGIN' CORRESPONDANCE COURSE, ARE YOU SHITTIN' ME??

I'll give you a pass on that since you never spent a hour let alone a day in the military.  but to give you a bit of education, all the armed forces have correspondent courses  that is available to ALL RANKS, MOS related and  service schools to further their professional education.  these courses are generated by the branch schools in all the services.

you see jess, things like being deployed for years at a time, field exercises that last months,   extended duty commitments, being stationed in some god forsaken country etc.... shouldn't be a hindrance  for military  personal to just neglect their professional education, that's why the all the services instituted professional correspondences courses so that  soldiers/sailors etc....  can further their professional education .

contrary to popular belief by the civilian world, military personnel  are not club wielding nethanderthals,  crap all mighty,  a lot of us had college credits and furthered our education in the profession that we choose, infantry, armor, AIR DEFENSE (which was my profession) by enrolling in the branch correspondence courses.

here is a really shocker, would you believe it some of us even had COLLEGE DEGREES and we weren't even commissioned officers!,by taking night courses at the education center, or by correspondence courses that was from universities such as Michigan state or Maryland University  then taking mid term and finals at the education center   oh my no,  not a college degree from club swinging  nethanderthals.

here why not read a little bit from the Army website, the other services also have their own correspondence courses for their personnel

http://www.atsc.army.mil/tadlp/accp/index.asp

so before you go and degrade someone who set aside his personal life for over 40 years  serving and defending this country, let me ask you a serious question;   what have you done to serve and defend  this country?

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

MATT,

I WOULDN'T EXPECT SOMEONE WHO WASN'T A MARINE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT A BETRAYAL OF TRUST THIS BLATANT LIE BY AMOS IS.

YOU MUST HAVE ALSO SKIPPED OVER THE PART ABOUT HIS EXERTING ILLEGAL COMMAND INFLUENCE OVER SOME OF THE BULLSHIT COURT MARTIALS THAT WERE CONDUCTED UNDER HIS REGIME.

THERE WERE OTHER THINGS HE DID, BUT IT WOULD PROBABLY BE A WASTE OF ELECTRONS AND MY TIME TO POINT THEM OUT TO YOU.

MILITARY SERVICE; WHICH TIME?

1968-'69 USMC

1975-'79 USMC

1990-'92 USNR

IF YOU HAVE, OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS A COPY OF "DEATH FROM AFAR" BOOK V, LOOK AT PAGE 197, AND YOU'LL SEE TWO PICTURES OF ME BEHIND MY M-40 SNIPER RIFLE.

I'M NOT IN THE HABIT OF BLOWING MY OWN HORN, BUT I'LL MAKE AN EXCEPTION ESPECIALLY FOR YOU, I'M THE ONE THAT ORIGINALLY CAME UP WITH THE PHRASE "DEATH FROM AFAR", AND I HAVE WITNESSES TO THIS, NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH IS THE BOOKS AUTHOR, LTCOL. NORMAN CHANDLER (USMC RET.), WITH WHOM I SERVED, AND SHOT WITH IN THE COMPETITION-IN-ARMS PROGRAM.

SINCE RETIREMENT, HE HAS USED HIS FIREARMS EXPERTISE, SPECIFICALLY, LONG RANGE SHOOTING, TO OPEN AND OPERATE IRON BRIGADE ARMORY IN J'VILLE N.C.

JESS1344

• Like 2

For some maybe even most by the time they get to wearing stars on their uniforms they’re more like the politicians they deal with than the military members they represent. Their resume is more like a campaign ad (and as we all know campaign ads may not be pure fact) while they’re jockeying for position on the hill than a factual DD214.

Being an enlisted member I didn’t hang out much with many general grade officers but from the people I know that’s the standard belief about them after they move up from O-6.

I’d still give any of them at least as much respect and acknowledge their service to the country as I would any one who served from E-1 on up. Seeing how now less than 1% serve at all I can’t see the value in hammering any who do or did honorably.

Phil

USAF 1973-1993

For some maybe even most by the time they get to wearing stars on their uniforms they’re more like the politicians they deal with than the military members they represent. Their resume is more like a campaign ad (and as we all know campaign ads may not be pure fact) while they’re jockeying for position on the hill than a factual DD214.

Being an enlisted member I didn’t hang out much with many general grade officers but from the people I know that’s the standard belief about them after they move up from O-6.

I’d still give any of them at least as much respect and acknowledge their service to the country as I would any one who served from E-1 on up. Seeing how now less than 1% serve at all I can’t see the value in hammering any who do or did honorably.

Phil

USAF 1973-1993

PHIL,

ONCE AGAIN, I DON'T EXPECT NON-MARINES TO "GET IT", BUT IT ALL HINGES ON YOUR OWN LAST WORD, AS WELL AS INTEGRITY.

BOTH WERE LACKING, ON A VARIETY OF LEVELS.

MARINES, IN PARTICULAR, THEIR OFFICERS, ARE EXPECTED TO HOLD THEMSELVES TO A HIGHER STANDARD.

JESS1344

Jess us non-Marine types who served understand honor and integrity along with having a sense of duty to the country, the service, and ourselves. Generally it's not spoken about that much but at dire times it can be felt in the group your working with to accomplish the mission.
I also understand the Marines take this to a different level than those of us who mostly served in the rear with the gear do. Some of the reason for this is if your Air Force ground troops are acting as infantry it means two things: 1 you're in a major war, and 2 you're loosing the war badly. I'm glad my honor was never pushed real far.

Most of us don't even talk to ROMADs, PJs, EOD those guys are crazy, you could get killed doing that kind of shit.haha.gif

Overseas while I was still in weapons I knew most of the EOD guys some crazy bastards that drank PBR, strange people if I thought I might get blown up I'd want to at least drink good beer. One of my best buddies at Herbie Fld was a ROMAD, God his wife was hot.