Greetings, fellow Автомат Калашникова enthusiasts! 

First post here... 

I have the following items for sale: 

JUST KIDDING - I read the rules, thought I'd open my introduction with a joke.  haha.gif

I've been on here for the past couple hours or more reading threads and decided to join.  Lots of good information here, and for the most part, some of y'all that post seem mildly tolerable.  wink.png  Again, I kid.  Seems like a pretty solid group of enthusiasts, and I'm anxious to be a part of this community. 

What led me here?  Well, I've got my first Saiga shotgun (.410) waiting for me to pick up at the shop I help out at, most likely be picking it up tomorrow, along with a Slide-Fire stock which I'll put on it before I even leave the shop, and I was looking for information about magazine reviews.  Hated to spend as much as I did for it ($499 via Centerfire Systems,) but with the recent Russian trade sanctions in place, I'm just glad to add a second actual Izhmash firearm to my collection, especially considering the bug-out pricing or unavailability I've seen elsewhere.  My other actual Saiga is a x39 "Sporter" that has been converted back to most of it's intended glory, and I'll probably be posting a question or build thread in the appropriate sub-forum at some point on it. 

Actually, the .410 was the second thing I started reading threads on.  The first thing that brought me here was a web search to see if there was any actual difference between the Catamount Fury I and II magazines because a I/III C.A.I. one was listed on eBay earlier.  There is an added housing around the "II" that makes insertion of the magazine more like an AR platform, versus the tilting insertion of the "I" that is more "AK" in nature.  I'm a little confused as to if there is any actual difference in the two magazines, as I can't tell any based on the pictures I've seen.  Would be interested to see if anyone here has any experience with both the "I" and the "II." 

I plan on removing the magwell extension on my CFII, and either modify the firearm to readily accept Saiga-12 mags/drums, or modify individual mags to work without modifying the gun itself.  More on that progress to follow, I'm spinning enough plates in the air right now as it is. 

Back to the intro:  I also have a thing for the Mosin-Nagant 91/30's, the Chinese M53's, any Yugo without tires, the closed-bolt new production Polish PPs-43c's, and their Tokarev (M53/TT) pistol cousins. And pretty much anything else that goes bang - these just seem to be the most closely related.

So, I suppose what I'm really getting at here is,

"Hi, everybody!"  smile.png

Got a funny story to share... 

I had just gotten this AK pistol, so took it out to the range with my trusty drum. 

Note to self:  This is a rather quick method of quieting the entire rest of the line.  It also gains the attention of the rangemaster (in this case, the owner, whom was way out in the parking lot, which explains how I was able to fire off about 50 rds in this 73 rd drum before I got the cautious, "Um, excuse me, sir..." approach from the guy assigned to the line.) 

He asked me what I was shooting, and I told him it was an AK pistol.  Which makes sense, given that I was on the pistol line, or so I thought...  Apparently they don't care if it's a pistol, but consider that to be a rifle round, and want you to shoot it on the rifle ranges.  Not only is this particular pistol loud as can be (massive fireball at the muzzle,) it shakes the solid walls of people's booths 3-4 lanes to either side - my bud was that far away and unaware I was shooting that pistol there, he thought someone had a .50 Desert Eagle or something a few lanes away... 

Good times.  smile.png

P.S.  The Hogue pistol grip is the very FIRST thing you'll want to put on one of these - makes so much of a difference...

post-49927-0-33071400-1413510628_thumb.jpg

Let me look into my crystal ball.......I see......I see.....I see a fat chick pic somewhere down this thread.  Don't fear though, that's just part of the standard welcome.  Try to have fun.

fat-ugly-girl-non-nude-pictures.jpg

• Like 1

P.S.  The Hogue pistol grip is the very FIRST thing you'll want to put on one of these - 

I can't stand Hogue grips.  And...  The very first thing should be an SB15.  I don't like the SB47 cuz I have apelike arms.

Welcome!

Helpful advice: This site goes great with late nights and liquor!

Word.

That M92 would be better with a CNC Warrior 4-pc flash hider.  I have one(until next weekend, when I trade it for an AES-10B), and it was a fun little range toy.  If it was stamped and had a stock, then it would be OK.  I shot one with the cheesy "fake can" and stock, but still wasn't my cup o' tea.  If you like the fireballs, grab some Arsenal brass cased.  That stuff felt like it was loaded +P+.

And please tell us that's not a Promag drum?

Word.

That M92 would be better with a CNC Warrior 4-pc flash hider.  I have one(until next weekend, when I trade it for an AES-10B), and it was a fun little range toy.  If it was stamped and had a stock, then it would be OK.  I shot one with the cheesy "fake can" and stock, but still wasn't my cup o' tea.  If you like the fireballs, grab some Arsenal brass cased.  That stuff felt like it was loaded +P+.

Don't get rid of it.  I love mine ever since the install of the SB.

P.S.  The Hogue pistol grip is the very FIRST thing you'll want to put on one of these - 

I can't stand Hogue grips.  And...  The very first thing should be an SB15.  I don't like the SB47 cuz I have apelike arms.

Welcome!

My bud recently got one for his, I was going to try it out before getting one.  He seems to like it a lot, I've handled one that wasn't attached, seems sturdy enough to use.  :)

OMG.......that's a promag drum on that Yugo.

Haven't had a single problem with it, to be honest.  I'll get a metal one eventually, too.  Was hoping someone else would come out with one for the .410, as the 30-rd Promag drum has far too much slack on it to feed reliably without modifying. 

The Cat 1 mag has a lug on the front which can be removed for use in a Cat 2. Welcome aboard.

I was considering removing the plastic magwell extension on the Cat 2 itself...  I prefer to rock my magazines in AK style rather than push 'em in like an AR, and it seems like this would make it easier to modify actual Saiga mags to fit (or modify the receiver itself so that an unmodded Saiga mag/drum would fit.)

Word.

I've got a single-piece Krinkov flash supressor for it, just haven't put it on yet.  It's like this one: 

KR-007US_002i.jpg

Going to have to cut the threadguard sleeve off first, and I still love the ridiculous flash it gives off.  Hadn't seen the 4-pc one you mentioned before, but it looks really nice, bet it changes the feel of this pistol quite a bit...

the "bell" flash hider you pictured above, is really more to boost gas pressure, to keep the short gas system operating reliably in poor conditions. it does affect flash some, but not a huge amount.

the 4-pc unit boosts gas pressure, as well as cuts muzzle flash and audible shock significantly - seems to scatter the muzzle blast a whole lot better than the simple bell unit does..