1st for the record if a mouse dies in your wife's Jeep under the dash it cost about $260.00 to get it removed.

2nd the smell of death from a rotting mouse in a small confined area will get to you pretty quick, so spending the money seems well worth it.

Last thing to note is if the wife at some point has the belief that putting coffee grounds in the car mask the smell the only real change is the smell goes from dead mouse to smelling like Juan Valdez’s jackass is now dead in your car.

The wife's Jeep went from having kind of a fading new car smell, right past a used car smell, to smelled like a thousand angry assholes. Looked everywhere I could and came to the realization it was under the dash and I have never had any luck screwing around in that part of a vehicle especially the newer ones with more crap back there. 

• Like 2

Dude, if you got it out try some ozium spray. You could also drive windows down for a while. If that still doesn't work, drive it to the bad part of town and park it with the windows down, unlocked, with the engine running and walk away.

• Like 1

It's that time of the year to figure out new ways and old tricks to keep the fucking rodents out of your gear!

Little bastards got into our family battle wagon a few years ago. Fortunately, the germans put toxic plastic all over the engine compartment. One wire off the harness was stripped and a chunk of the molding was eaten or used for bedding.

Not sure when it went off to die.

Anybody have good tricks to keep them out of your bikes and cars?

Please don't say a cat!\

Pack rats are into everything around here this year.

Dozens of people i know have had cars electrical systems eaten

I cant seem to stop them, I have put out several hundred dollars worth of bar bait and other poison.

They still got into my 56 chevy and ate the wiring and the headliner.

They ate the return fuel lines in my humvee.

People claim moth balls keep them out but it doesnt seem to work for me

I am going to buy a tractor and a bush hog to mow the brush around the house.

I think pushing it away a few hundred yards may help.

i hope you have better luck killing them than i have

I’m out in the sticks so a lot of the rodent population is controlled by snakes and the local cats, but haven’t been seeing any of them lately. Use to see mice sometimes on the back porch haven’t been seeing them either.  Even got some of those Speer plastic powered by a primer 38 shells to see if I could tag one on the porch, and some 44 shot shells for the yard but I haven’t had a chance to try either yet. I give stuff like black snakes a pass but ones with fangs gotta go, too many dogs at my house.

The wife usually doesn’t like to use poison on traps but this may change her mind. I rarely even get a ride in her car so it got to her more than me I’ll still be taking my old 1995 GMC for a while till her 2014 Jeep smells more like just a car. Thing was in the air duct so seems like no electrical damage was done. Not surprised that dead mouse isn't covered by warranty or insurance and even if it was my deductible wouldn't cover the amount.

Bounce dryer-sheets did a great job keeping them out off my van. Smells good too.

I've heard that peppermint oil on cotton balls works.

Thanks, just dawned on me I got some peppermint oil a while back for keeping them off the porch, maybe that's why I haven't been seeing them there.

Yes, dead rat smell is BAD! One died in our garage this summer. After removing the little rotting little bugger, clorox did a good job of cleaning the mess and gettting rid of the smell. Be careful about handling these disease packed little scumbags. Wear gloves and a mask because you don't want hanta virus to kill you before ebola! Just found out that roof rats fit exactly half way through my pool skimmer's intake pipe. At least they fit before they drown and both ends sticking out of the skimmer pipe start to bloat. It is absolutely amazing how fast they start to stink after you pull them out of the pool. I didn't want to have to pull the inflated rat apart to get him out of the tube, so I removed and threw away the intake tube with the rat in it. I hope my pool store has that part in stock! The only good news is that I think I scored big "honey dew" points by being the designated rat disposal system.

Edited by Bretonmaitre

It's that time of the year to figure out new ways and old tricks to keep the fucking rodents out of your gear!

Little bastards got into our family battle wagon a few years ago. Fortunately, the germans put toxic plastic all over the engine compartment. One wire off the harness was stripped and a chunk of the molding was eaten or used for bedding.

Not sure when it went off to die.

Anybody have good tricks to keep them out of your bikes and cars?

Please don't say a cat!\

A cat