• 1 month later...

i been having problems with it it not holding when you do a single shot. i talked to them and they told me how to adjust it. i just got to get back to the range to see if it works better.  i have to see if i can make a spacer or find a spacer because my arm is bent to much to use it good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got it to work but it fired maybe 8-9 rounds and stopped. I drop the mag out and the tip was broke. I put in another 13 round one and it did the same thing fired about 8-9 rounds then stopped. I went to drop it out and it was broke in the same spot. I don't know if it was just because they where old or not. I took it off the gun and I"m going to try and sell it. I got some stuff to work out and I think I'm going to sell the 20 gauge and get a 12 gauge just because you can get parts for it.

• 1 month later...

My 20ga is one of my most usefull, and favorite saiga's. It can cloverleaf slugs at 50yards, and do so with the recoil of a .223. I played around with it a lot to get it to run the cheap stuff. And it will run the weakest ammo I can find. Don't give up just because "everyone" doesn't have one. Most of the parts interchange, and I can always find 20ga on the shelf, even in an ammo scare. Lol to me it's a better home defense gun, as anyone in your house can operate it. Sweet little rigs. They are a little more difficult to buy and fit parts to, but the package is worth the effort. I would like to get one of the long barreled ones also!

I mentioned the csspec mags in another reply. But they are the answer you are looking for.

Are the other mags you have metal or plastic. There was an other mag that was polymer that had serious feeding issues. Veg or something. Csspec mags sometimes require fitment to the gun, not fiddling to make them function. Do you have metal mags. If not, you don't have much.

the metal one locked in but the shell would not load into the gun right. it was like the angle was not right because the end of the shell was not round. about the same thing the plastic ones where doing. the metal one after they said they fixed it I had to push hard with something to get it to release or tap the release with something.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I have noticed that the magazines on the secondary market have not perfected the angle and feeding mechanism for the Saiga.

I have observed on the magazine lip of the Russian factory magazines there is a piece of metal that guides the ammo into the chamber of the barrel.  This is non existent on some of the secondary market Saiga 20 magazines. 

Some people suggest to make sure the brass area is riding on the rear of the other bullets in the magazine, and to have the magazine inserted while closing the bolt so that it chambers properly to help aid and prevent damage to the ammo.

I am guessing CSSpecs magazines work because of the metal construction and what i have heard from other S20 owners on this forum discussion.

Edited by madjack