Need some opinions between bullpup or saiga 12

Hey guys.  With me having the lovely gift of being left handed, I had never considered a bullpup rifle before.  I guess the only ones I had really ever saw was SKS's that had been converted over to a bullpup.  I knew that I could not shoot it as the bolt would hit me.  

I shoot right handed guns all the time, and when shooting a bolt action rifle, I actually prefer a right handed gun, it feels right for me for some reason.

Anyway, I have a Saiga 12 that I bought in unfired shape with its original box and accessories.  I converted it, bought a 20 round drum, bought a quad rail, and heat shield.  Now, the Saiga is cool, and living in a small town, it always amazes the people I show it to.  I do like the gun, but it really serves no purpose, I mean other than to just go out and spray ammo.

So anyway, I have been considering a bullpup that I could actually shoot because I found out there are some that can be left or right handed guns.  If you was in my shoes, which would you pick?  Is the value about the same between a bullpup and my saiga?  Does one think I could trade even for a nice bullpup?  What would you guys do?

Ahh, so its not an easy thing to switch over then.  Well my odds of trading my Saiga for a left handed one are probably slim to none especially around my area.  Are they even in the same price ballpark though, or am I going to have to expect to add cash with my trade?  Is that something you would take over the Saiga, or should I keep my Saiga? lol.  I don't know enough about them so I am undecisive.

You mention you prefer right handed rifles. Have you determined your dominate eye? The would have a greater bearing on your adaptability to left or right hand weapons than your actual hand preference. My brother is left handed, but right eye dominate. All his weapons are right hand, and he is very good with them. My son on the other hand, is left handed and left eye dominate. Right hand weapons are very difficult for him, accuracy-wise.

I am left eye dominate.  I do some things right handed but not all.  For example I golf right handed.  Weird I know.  Anyway, I wasn't real clear on what I meant by a right handed bolt action rifle is that I like the bolt being on the right side.  I still shoot it left handed, but I it feels more natural to me to reach up with my right hand to work the bolt.

I'm left handed and own an RFB. This is the rifle you want. The tavor and other rifles have to be set up to shoot only one way. Well, that sucks in a tree stand on a bullpup.

Keep your saiga. It does not have limited uses. You are limiting it. I use mine for hunting deer and shooting birds. It sits nearby for home defense and we use it to have fun with at the range.

The saiga will only appreciate as the liberal fuck stains try to ban it.

Anybody that talks shit about the RFB doesn't own one or cant follow instructions. It's a complex rifle so it would not work well with most GI's.

AK rifles work great for lefties. They eject forward and right, about 2 o'clock. Shares manual of arms with your s12 too. With a Krebs mk6 safety, you can have thumb actuation being a lefty. Just saying.

I'm not a big fan of bullpups (they're expensive as all get out, triggers suck, mainly plastic construction is a turn off), and especially not a fan of .223/5.56 that they all seem to be chambered in.

I'm with you on opposite handed bolt guns. I'm right handed and really like working left handed bolt guns.

Edited by Mullet Man

If you got offered $1500 for your S12, sell it and buy the Tavor having to add a few hundred depending on where you find it.  I will never own another mag fed shotgun.  Mags are f'n huge.  Once the novelty of spraying shit with shot wore off, I sold mine and never looked back.  I still love my AK's, but for shotgun use, there are much better options out there, IMO.

• Like 1

If you got offered $1500 for your S12, sell it and buy the Tavor having to add a few hundred depending on where you find it.  I will never own another mag fed shotgun.  Mags are f'n huge.  Once the novelty of spraying shit with shot wore off, I sold mine and never looked back.  I still love my AK's, but for shotgun use, there are much better options out there, IMO.

Well..... bye.

• Like 1

Well..... bye.

Where you going?