I still say fighting the tali that we should have just dropped in the drug prison population with plastic utensils into affygan and let them do their business.  Of course with a nice GPS tracker embeded in them to keep track of them after the did the deed to take them out.

A friend of mine said let the gurkha's loose.

To me I'd rather see the criminals loose on them tribes. Oh wait isn't that the CIA that does that??

air drops are anything BUT precise 

i did get to see a 4 door chevy truck go nose down into the dirt with the chute in rags flailing behind it on Fort Lewis  30 years ago.

it was pretty cool

You know Jim, you just might have something there. Maybe send a few thousand tons of junkyard castoffs into Isil's laps. Won't have the same effect as a couple of daisy cutters, but boy what a splash. Imagine seeing your jihad bud getting a crown vic planted on his/her's noggin. Could clean up some of the millions of tires we will never get to recycle. Let's not ignore the appliance section either. We've been taking their garbage for years and now it's time to reciprocate. This is not sarcasm. "To the last I grapple with thee, From hell's heart I stab at thee, For hate's sake I spit my last Buick at thee".
  • Like 3

like was stated by jim, airdrops are not like JDAMs where it lands within 1  meter of where you want it, coupled that with the  fluidity of a battlefield where in 15 minutes the guys you know are there, ain't anymore.

when I was in the Army we had a saying when things didn't go very well; shit happens. this is one of those times.

missed airdrops are nothing new or earth shattering, during, WW2 there was plenty of drops that landed in enemy hands and not friendly hands

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Oops. Shit happens.

Now the military contractors will just have to make more to replace them.

Not the first time the US Gov. has been accused of starting a war and supplying both sides.

Funny some of the names that pop up when looking at who in the US profits from war.

Cheney, Rumsfeld, Feinstein.....

War profiteering

"Criticism of companies such as Halliburton in the context of the Iraq War draw heavily on the stereotype of the businessman profiteer. Slogans relating to 'blood for oil' have a similar implication.

Steven Clemons, a senior fellow at the New America Foundation think tank, has accused former CIA Director James Woolsey of both profiting from and promoting the Iraq War.[10]

The Center for Public Integrity has reported that US Senator Dianne Feinstein and her husband, Richard Blum, are making millions of dollars from Iraq and Afghanistan contracts through his company, Tutor Perini Corporation.[11][12] Feinstein voted for the resolution giving President George W. Bush the authority to invade Iraq."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_profiteering

...and the companies who provide equipment our troops need for their mission and to keep themselves alive have to make a profit. That's how they pay their employees and suppliers.

...but that's "wrong". that's "profiteering".

Nigga....PLEASE. Get off it already. 

Fight Islam over there, or fight MORE of it at home. I choose over THERE. Let the collateral damage be theirs...not ours. Do it the Roman way. NOTHING left alive.

Profit yes... but we've heard about the $10,000 hammers.

There are some huge problems with our military industrial complex, large scale corruption and abuse of the system.

There's also no denying that we have some real enemies that need to be dealt with, and I'm glad we have a strong

military to deal with them. However, there have also been "manufactured" enemies.

World bankers made a ton of money in WWII and in most wars....

"World War II saw the US debt increased by 598%, while Japan's debt went up by 1,348%, with France up by 583% and Canada up by 417%.

When you hear this, what is your first impression? Do you automatically think this is bad or this is good? Most of us feel a well programmed sense of desperation when we hear figures like this, but remember, to the money changers, this is music to their ears.

With the hot war over, the cold war began, the arms race causing more and more borrowing. Now the money changers could really concentrate on global domination.

Step one, the European Monetary Union and NAFTA.

Step two, centralise the global economy via the World Bank, the IMF and GATT (now the WTO). "

http://www.xat.org/xat/worldbank.html

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

Profit yes... but we've heard about the $10,000 hammers.

There are some huge problems with our military industrial complex, large scale corruption and abuse of the system.

There's also no denying that we have some real enemies that need to be dealt with, and I'm glad we have a strong

military to deal with them. However, there have also been "manufactured" enemies.

World bankers made a ton of money in WWII and in most wars....

"World War II saw the US debt increased by 598%, while Japan's debt went up by 1,348%, with France up by 583% and Canada up by 417%.

When you hear this, what is your first impression? Do you automatically think this is bad or this is good? Most of us feel a well programmed sense of desperation when we hear figures like this, but remember, to the money changers, this is music to their ears.

With the hot war over, the cold war began, the arms race causing more and more borrowing. Now the money changers could really concentrate on global domination.

Step one, the European Monetary Union and NAFTA.

Step two, centralise the global economy via the World Bank, the IMF and GATT (now the WTO). "

http://www.xat.org/xat/worldbank.html

yeah, yeah,yeah. 10K hammers...nice urban legend. I hear about bigfoot too, but I don't believe it. As far as bankers go...BFD. I'm not speaking Japanese or German.... I guess you have to hate someone.

The motive for war is almost always money and power, despite the publicly declared reasons.

The brave men who go fight and die for their countries do so at the behest of politicians and bankers.

Things are not as they appear.

• Like 2

The motive for war is almost always money and power, despite the publicly declared reasons.

The brave men who go fight and die for their countries do so at the behest of politicians and bankers.

Things are not as they appear.

So with that logic, we should all spurn military service and refuse to do anything in support of our nation and our military, accepting whatever scraps we are thrown.

Yeah...right.

When I die... I DIE FREE. I will continue to FIGHT and SUPPORT, as I have always done.

Your argument has been made....and lost before. I give you Samuel Adams, before the  State House in Philadelphia on August 1, 1776, and  Delegate to the First Continental Congress.  Let History be your guide, lest you repeat the mistakes of the past:

I shall date the ruin of this country. a politic minister will study to lull us into security by granting us the full extent of our petitions. The warm sunshine of influence would melt down the virtue which the violence of the storm rendered more firm and unyielding. In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. Every art of corruption would be employed to loosen the bond of union which renders our resistance formidable. When the spirit of liberty, which now animates our hearts and gives success to our arms, is extinct, our numbers will accelerate our ruin and render us easier victims to tyranny. Ye abandoned minions of an infatuated ministry, if peradventure any should yet remain among us, remember that a Warren and Montgomery are numbered among the dead. Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say, What should be the reward of such sacrifices? Bid us and our posterity bow the knee, supplicate the friendship, and plow, and sow, and reap, to glut the avarice of the men who have let loose on us the dogs of war to riot in our blood and hunt us from the face of the earth? If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom--go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!

• Like 1

Patriot.... I think if we were able to sit down and talk about this over a few beers, we'd realize we are not so far apart on things.

We are both Americans, we are both on the same side.

Although I didn't serve in the military, I come from a military family.

I know we had to go fight and stop Hitler.

I know we had to go fight and stop Japan.

But I want to see the larger picture of why these countries just decided to start some shit one day.

I want to know who is pulling the strings and who put these people in power to make stopping them necessary.

Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. ~Ernest Hemingway

But I want to see the larger picture of why these countries just decided to start some shit one day.

I want to know who is pulling the strings and who put these people in power to make stopping them necessary.

I'd suggest starting with some FOIA requests.