Push this at the next school board meeting

The shooting sports in high schools would be a great outreach for 2nd amendment/constitutionally minded ppl to promote.

Think of the headlines, want to really piss off the gun grabbers and really be the FLY in the ointment.

Wow,  just think of the endless possibilities...!!!!! OMG, Three gun shoots..!!!!

Edited by SmilinEd

Excellent topic and thank you. Years ago our High School had a rifle club. In my Junior Year I was the President. During the spring semester about once a month, all 50 club members would come to school by whatever means, (I walked) carrying all their high power rifles and ammo and stuff.

I remember leaving home early walking to school, (about one half mile) packing my early spring tube Rockola M1 Carbine, my trusty Remington 1903A1 and my mint condition Winchester M1 Garand, plus enough ammo and accessories for some fun range time. About a 60 pound load out. I was young.

The Vice Principal would meet us at the big front door and place all of our iron in a large reinforced closet just off his office. Then at 3 pm, a Long Beach Unified School District Crown Supercoach school bus would arrive out front and we would all pile in with our stuff and drive off all packing.

We shot high power at the old Silverado Canyon rifle range East in Orange County. We shot various matches. About 50 club members and at least 10 teachers, most of whom were combat vets. Had a grand time. Learned a lot. The football field stands had a small bore 50 foot range under the stands.

We had ROTC. Dress Codes. Non smoking campus. Closed campus. Only three full time LA County Sheriff provided truancy officers. No security staff. No day care centers for mommie students. Corporal punishment. I know. Lots of times I would discover loose rounds in my pants pockets. No big deal.

My want to be girl friend kept a .38 stubby in her hall locker. She needed it. She worked nights in a bad part of Long Beach Ca. The staff knew about it. No problem. Graduating was difficult. Over 90% did so. 3600 students. 1226 graduates in our class. Baby boom high school. How times have changed.

HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 4

HB,

Yep, times have changed and thanks for sharing those memories.  Mint Winchester M1 Garand... Sweet!!! mine is probably not as nice as yours but she is a shooter... 

Its refreshing to read that some schools still have shooting clubs.

I used to walk to school during small game season, carried savage over/under 22mag 20ga. kept it in principles office then would hunt after school.

If a person/persons wanted to make a difference in their own back yard, help your local gun club with its youth programs, they would GREATLY appreciate your help

• Like 1

Very cool! I have seen a few pics of my grandfather walking to school with a rifle slung to his back as he was on some sort of school supported shooting team. Mind you this was in the early 40's and in Commiefornia, Sacramento no less!

• Like 2

It is great to see this nowadays.  But for goodness sakes, keep their booger pickers off the boom buttons in the photos.

You beat me to it.  They just HAD to put up a pic with dumbasses with their fingers all over the trigger.