Sign in to follow this  
TrapMan

Need to buy a bolt assembly

Hello. I recently disassembled my MKA and discovered that it has a cracked bolt. The crack isn't very severe and it hasn't gone all the way through to the other side yet but I would like to replace the bolt anyway. It is also missing a little piece of metal where on the top of the bolt near the crack.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement bolt assembly? I have the XN model by the way. Thanks in advance for any help.

If someone ever offers a replacement bolt for the MKA, they are going to be a very wealthy person. wink.png

and a rifled barrel too.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 1

Yamadog35 I am having similar issues. I am missing a whole chunk of metal near the hole in the first pic on the thread you linked. I will add photographs soon.

Just get them from Turkey. I had the locking block break at a match this year. Took around a week to get replacement from Turkey in this case for free. OK I am in Europe so things are easier but just try it why not also in the US unless some US regulation prevents you from importing a bolt.

Okay, my damned locking block just broke.  I need another'n like the rest of y'all.  FRITZTHEMOOSE, what contact info do you have for Turkey do you have?

I emailed info@xnarms.com and they say they are shipping me a bolt since my XN bolt has that crack above the pin like they all seem to develop.  I don't know how this works out with Form 6 requirements since the cost is zero.

I have not received anything yet, but it has been less than a week.

Edited by deathray

Okay, my damned locking block just broke.  I need another'n like the rest of y'all.  FRITZTHEMOOSE, what contact info do you have for Turkey do you have?

if its pre-xn gp rifle in sweden is doing locking blocks. had one of mine break too and got it from them. gustav is a nice guy just google gustaf person rifle.  or xn-arms directly got all my parts within a week two tops but I am in Austria so might take longer in the US. Not sure if you require import permit tho. I dont at least not for parts like that.

If your gun is a PRE XN version I may have parts

gentlemanjim,

my gun is indeed pre-xn. I got a bolt from xnarms, but it wrong. Hopefully you can help me out...

Interesting development.  The new bolts from XN lack that top piece of steel.

Factory bolt with the good old "XN crack"

cGfZ9DU.jpg

And the new one fresh from Turkey:

7fJAiaw.jpg

I guess they just decided to cut that section out completely to avoid people like me who complain about cracks and such.

Total time from my "hey guys, I've got a problem here..." email to receiving the bolt was 30 days.

It's a bold move, let's see if it pays off.

But then again, it's not like that sub-1mm thick strip of steel was doing a whole lot in the first place.

Edited by deathray