• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7.62x39 pistol.  O M efffFing G.  I'm gonna be so fucking broke.  

The world is made of dirt and sand. Those things will get in your rifle from time to time.   Unless you're fighting a war in Candyland there is no reason to care whether your rifle will work full o

Don't forget about going CQB in the wonka factory slaughtering oompa loompas.

Posted Images

For that price you can have a Sig556xi Russian, a decent sight, 1,000 rounds of ammo, 10 comblock mags, and still have money for starbucks on the way to the range.

$1900 = looks like my 11.5 BCM project is back on the front burner.

I just got done building a pretty basic 10.5" 5.56 and by the time I was done with it I was over $1,000. Damn costs add up fast. Still gotta finish the wife's 300bo. That one will be $1200. Shoots my gun budget for a while. Edited by Darth Saigus

For that price you can have a Sig556xi Russian, a decent sight, 1,000 rounds of ammo, 10 comblock mags, and still have money for starbucks on the way to the range.

$1900 = looks like my 11.5 BCM project is back on the front burner.

I just got done building a pretty basic 10.5" 5.56 and by the time I was done with it I was over $1,000. Damn costs add up fast. Still gotta finish the wife's 300bo. That one will be $1200. Shoots my gun budget for a while.

Truth. I've got some stuff that I'll be putting on the chopping block pretty soon to help fund this thing. I'm just doing a basic Colt Commando clone, so hopefully it's not much over a grand when it's all said and done.

Well for 1900, I can think of many other great weapons I could get with plenty of coin to spare for other items to complement it. Thats sad too. They lost a lot of sales at this price point. Many people will get one, but many more would have if the price would have been right.

4_1_204.gif I would definitely take the Sig over the Galil.  Sig is one fine piece of machinery.

Oh, and KK's ass is disgustingly over proportionately fat to her skinny body…..GROSS23_28_108.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

4_1_204.gif I would definitely take the Sig over the Galil.  Sig is one fine piece of machinery.

Oh, and KK's ass is disgustingly over proportionately fat to her skinny body…..GROSS23_28_108.gif

her body isn't skinny, it just gets photoshopped all to hell. KK without airbrushing and makeup looks nothing like her clowned-out public persona, and is pretty damn hot, but then again I like thicker girls with big asses.

Wow

I'm in the beginning of a 2 year self imposed restriction of not buying any new guns.

At 1200 I'm trying remind myself of why I thought that was a good idea.

At 1900. I'm reminded that I have 2 ak projects I can finish for less than this.

I'm glad that IWI can get that for a a slightly modified ak. Good for them. IMHO the tavor is worth that. This ain't

• Like 1

Yeah I coughed up $1,700 for a Tavor, and with some bling I've spent almost $2,400 on it.  The most I've spent on a single gun. 

And unless I hit the lottery, the most I ever will.

The Sig 556xi Russian is out and its got all the upgrades.

Looks like I'm not the only one who saw the obvious comparison. 

His problem with the Sig sounds a lot like the problem I had with the 556R.  I have seen other reviews of the 556xi and nobody has mentioned this issue.

OK, tinfoil on good and tight...  Here's my crazy conspiracy theory.  IWI paid him to sabotage the 556xi.  LMAO!

But seriously Sig has some splainin to do.  I love my 556R, once I fixed the things that Sig fucked up.  And if the xi has qc problems that's going to be a continuation of a trend.  Sig just puts out spotty quality.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Regarding the above MAC youtube video:  I use to maintain a little respect for this guy.  No longer.  For me, he now rates right down there with the assclown Nutnfancy.

Any "reasonable" video reviewer (without an agenda) would have edited a portion of this video once the firearm began malfunctioning.  I'm not saying that IMO he should have deleted all of the indicated issues; all of the video footage of the SIG 556xi undergoing misfires.  I'm saying a "reasonable" reviewer would have edited out most of what he continued to portray, over and over and over and over again, and again.  It was asinine of him.  So. . . it doesn't "smell right."  For me, there absolutely seems to be some hidden agenda on his part.

Lastly, he brought the two rifles out to the firing range to compare their accuracy.  in spite of having to hand-cycle almost every round with the SIG 556xi, he never shares with the viewers how the SIG's POI consistency and groupings were?  WTF?!?!  I'm left believing the Galil ACE's groupings were poorer than the SIG 556xi's, otherwise he would have shared that with the viewers.

That's my "tin-foil hat" take away from this vid.  Tell you what, if anything it makes me want the SIG xi all the more.  Just say'n.

~Gary

Edited by Gary
  • Like 3
  • 9 months later...

Oddly, IWI-USA appears to be saying that they are having trouble creating a semi-automatic trigger group for the ACE, and uses language that suggests the receivers are being converted from full auto examples to semi-auto, something that under US law results in a firearm that is still legally a machine gun. Whether IWI is referring to a change in the design, or perhaps difficulties satisfying the ATF’s requirements for a sem-auto receiver that cannot be converted to full auto is unknown. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/04/galil-ace-release-delayed-until-late-2015/#sthash.lLwbAEtm.dpuf

I just looked at the photos at both TFB and Atlantic Firearms, and the receivers ALL have the third pin.

galilace5.gif

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Oddly, IWI-USA appears to be saying that they are having trouble creating a semi-automatic trigger group for the ACE, and uses language that suggests the receivers are being converted from full auto examples to semi-auto, something that under US law results in a firearm that is still legally a machine gun. Whether IWI is referring to a change in the design, or perhaps difficulties satisfying the ATF’s requirements for a sem-auto receiver that cannot be converted to full auto is unknown. - See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/04/galil-ace-release-delayed-until-late-2015/#sthash.lLwbAEtm.dpuf

I just looked at the photos at both TFB and Atlantic Firearms, and the receivers ALL have the third pin.

galilace5.gif

Edited by Darth Saigus

yeah myself and a few others noticed that early on and asked Atlantic about it... no response.

sort of saw it coming.

it's amazing that knowledgeable dealers like Atlantic sold them to customers, knowing what might be coming down the road.

that being said I saw some photos today for the first time of the plastic bottom piece removed.. damn if it isn't pure Galil under there, just needs a standard trigger guard/latch and you can throw that piece of plastic junk away. edit: may be more complicated than that but not impossible.

p9VAT7x.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

yeah myself and a few others noticed that early on and asked Atlantic about it... no response.

sort of saw it coming.

it's amazing that knowledgeable dealers like Atlantic sold them to customers, knowing what might be coming down the road.

that being said I saw some photos today for the first time of the plastic bottom piece removed.. damn if it isn't pure Galil under there, just needs a standard trigger guard/latch and you can throw that piece of plastic junk away. edit: may be more complicated than that but not impossible.

p9VAT7x.jpg

Yes, the conversion requires only a mag release cover, pistol grip and trigger guard and viola! Micro Galil. I'll be sending mine back to Atlantic if this is declared in violation most Ricky-tick. I'm really pretty pissed because mine has been ceracoated and the form 1 e-file already paid for. I even voiced my concern about this and was told, "naw not an issue".

Except for the f'ing hole as much would need to be done to convert it to FA as would any semi gun would take to do the same.

This is all on IWI and if it has to be returned I won't buy jack shit from them ever again. They KNEW this could be an issue yet opened up anyone who bought one to felonious charges that would f*ck you on owning any other firearm.