I went back and looked at the old videos from 14' and sure enough they had third pins.. What I find really odd is that the old Galil imports from the 80s do not have third pins.

I'm not grasping how this 'slipped through' since comments about the third pin actions date back to when they showed them off over a year ago.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7.62x39 pistol.  O M efffFing G.  I'm gonna be so fucking broke.  

The world is made of dirt and sand. Those things will get in your rifle from time to time.   Unless you're fighting a war in Candyland there is no reason to care whether your rifle will work full o

Don't forget about going CQB in the wonka factory slaughtering oompa loompas.

Posted Images

There are two wrongs here. 

The batfuckers should just declare it gtg since an auto sear won't fit without machine work.  Done.

But since we know the batfuckers don't work by simple logic, bad on IWI for shipping these without confirmation from the atf.

Also bad for not just using a standard AK trigger group that doesn't need the 3rd pin.  I'm guessing they did this because the original design of the ACE was for military contracts and they all have the 3rd pin, and when they tweaked it for the US market they didn't want to change the whole trigger group.  In 20/20 hindsight I'm sure now they wish they had.

• Like 1

I have not been able to find any photos of the ACE FCG, but if they have a third pin they most likely have the safety sear.. As far as I know this would not be different in any way from the "auto sear" - they would still have the slotted lower rail, and the sear trip on the carrier.

The only things they would be missing to enable F/A would be the appropriate safety and disconnector to allow automatic hammer release when the sear is tripped by the carrier.  Those parts are trivial to install and require no skilled machine work.

I have not been able to find any photos of the ACE FCG, but if they have a third pin they most likely have the safety sear.. As far as I know this would not be different in any way from the "auto sear" - they would still have the slotted lower rail, and the sear trip on the carrier.

The only things they would be missing to enable F/A would be the appropriate safety and disconnector to allow automatic hammer release when the sear is tripped by the carrier.  Those parts are trivial to install and require no skilled machine work.

The FCG is shown at 12:40 and it clearly does not have a safety sear. There is just a retaining wire on the third pin, otherwise it does nothing.

The gun has;

No hammer stop (sear).

Third hole with axle that only retains the Shepards hook.

Axle has a collar that cannot allow the hammer stop to fit.

The receiver has no recess to accomadate the hammer stop.

The receiver rail is unable to allow hammer stop function even if one could be fitted.

The disconnector is a semiauto configuration.

The selector is not capable of allowing a third position.

The bolt carrier does have the hammer stop trip.

To convert it would require quite a bit of mods.

Not that any this matters, they will all be collected and destroyed or exported back to Israel or South America.

This is a major clusterf*ck.

Third pin receivers have been a no go in the US since I think the late 70s early 80s, they went out at the same time as open bolt semis if I recall history correctly.

IWI/IMI used to import their Galil rifles here as two pin firearms. They should have known better.

It should not be a complicated alteration in the manufacturing process. Just copy the G code and delete the drill and ream command. Problem solved while shaving a couple bucks off the machine cost. As for the current receivers, there is no saving them.