Red dot combo scope

So i looked around a little more, here's a simaler one on Amazon, its a TacFire:

http://www.amazon.com/TacFire-illuminated-Reticle-Tactical-Adaptor/dp/B00L2Z8S5Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1414083038&sr=8-6&keywords=red+dot+combo+scope

i dont want to spend more than $175 right now.

Look at PrimaryArms. Still Chinese, but good stuff. Questions.... Do you really need three different sights on one gun? What kind of OPs are you planning on running?

So i looked around a little more, here's a simaler one on Amazon, its a TacFire:

http://www.amazon.com/TacFire-illuminated-Reticle-Tactical-Adaptor/dp/B00L2Z8S5Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1414083038&sr=8-6&keywords=red+dot+combo+scope

Look at PrimaryArms. Still Chinese, but good stuff. Questions.... Do you really need three different sights on one gun? What kind of OPs are you planning on running?

with the scope that i have now, it is very hard to find a target within about 25 yards, as the scope blocks the irons. but i also dont want to lose the longer range capacitys of the centerpoint 

with the scope that i have now, it is very hard to find a target within about 25 yards, as the scope blocks the irons. but i also dont want to lose the longer range capacitys of the centerpoint 

I have seen 2x red dots and they are ok at least. This just seems contrived and heavy.

What rifle you mounting it on?

The Nikons are very good for the money, good glass. Anything over 4x makes short range a bit tunnel visioned. Think the Nikon PS I have is 2-7x and at 2x is great at that range. 

BTW red dots shoot fine at longer ranges at least as well if not better than irons.

• Like 1

I have seen 2x red dots and they are ok at least. This just seems contrived and heavy.

What rifle you mounting it on?

The Nikons are very good for the money, good glass. Anything over 4x makes short range a bit tunnel visioned. Think the Nikon PS I have is 2-7x and at 2x is great at that range. 

BTW red dots shoot fine at longer ranges at least as well if not better than irons.

the rifle is a S308 that curently has a 22" barrel, but im having the barrel choped to 18"

Yeah I have one left at that length, 22", decided to leave that one alone.

Worth more like that and it is possible I will sell it later to get a replacement.

Perhaps it's because at 22" it does not need any flash hider but that is a minor consideration.

18" works great BTW but take care with ammo selection, what burns up at 22" spews fire at 18".

These rifles run fine with a just a red dot and co-witness irons out as far as I care to shoot it, 300m.

Were it a sub-MOA rifle of course there would be a scope on it but it isnt so I save the weight.

• Like 1