New to Saiga

Hi

Since im new to the forums I should start by say'n hi;). I am looking to pick up a shotty. I have done light research on the Saiga and think it's the direction I would like to go. My wife is on a home protection fancy right now, so it's the perfect time:). Im a long time weapon's owner and have some nice pieces in my collection and am aware of certain places or types of manufactured parts that are more prized than others. Thru my "small" amount of research I have done the 12K or modified 12C looks to be the most appealing buy. The ? I have is what is your opinion on the most prized Saiga 12 on the market and is there a certain make, model, or year that is more prized than others.

Eq

Edit: On another topic. I run an Okuma MA-600HB 2005 CNC mill. Im also the programmer. Manual experience for 10+ years also. Just incase there was some ?s or such.

Edited by Equinox

Welcome Equinox. There were supposedly only a few hundred real 12Cs imported and those are hard to come by these days. One of our members had one for sale not too long ago. Maybe he will chime in if he still has it.

The most sought after Saiga 12 right now in my opinion is the12C EXP 01 ver. 030. Only problem is to get one you have to be Spetnaz. I would just like to see one up close.

Greetings, Equinox...

I would recommend checking out the gun auctions...

www.gunbroker.com

www.auctionarms.com

www.gunsamerica.com

On those three sites you should be able to find something you like with a minimum of searching, or waiting... there always seems to be one or two floating around... just price compare... some are a *LOT* cheaper than others!!!!

Have a great day!!

:smoke:

The problem with GunsAmerica is that the ads are not dated. I would be surprised if that ad is less than a year old because I think a real 12c would sell for more like $1,200 only because they are rare. Better to get a regular sporter version for $350 to $450 and do the conversion.

I have contacted everyone that was listed for gun dealers in Texas. All of them said they either dont carry it, couldnt get it, or it hasnt been shipped to the U.S. in a year. I am looking for a 12C for $1200 "not fired". If it has been fired the price I hope will be neg.

Thanks again

Equinox

Last ?;) I noticed in your Sale trade there is a weapon available. I was just wanting to know is if the conversion kit for the 12C will work?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9533

Edited by Equinox
I have contacted everyone that was listed for gun dealers in Texas. All of them said they either dont carry it, couldnt get it, or it hasnt been shipped to the U.S. in a year. I am looking for a 12C for $1200 "not fired". If it has been fired the price I hope will be neg.

Thanks again

Equinox

Last ?;) I noticed in your Sale trade there is a weapon available. I was just wanting to know is if the conversion kit for the 12C will work?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=9533

You can convert any Saiga rifle or shotgun to a pistol grip configuration. So yes you can convert that one. But I think you will find it very difficult to make an exact 12c clone. you can make one that looks similar but you cannot find the folding stocks that are on the real 12c's around here. You can do many many things with Saigas. Just look through this site and you will see hundreds of different variations. All Saigas havent been imported for quite some time but there is a new importer and they are finally starting to get to dealers for sale.

How can you tell if your shotgun is a "real" 12 C? Mine is marked in this manner. On the right of the reciever SAIGA-12-C

KALASHNIKOV-USA

Pt St. Lucie, FL. USA

On the left of the reciever

FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY

(Russian word for SAIGA)-12C

Further down the reciever is stamped MADE IN RUSSIA BY IZHMASH

There are some symbols stamped into the reciever and the number 99

Is this a "true" SAIGA 12C? If so is it really worth $1,200?

Thanks for the help

How can you tell if your shotgun is a "real" 12 C? Mine is marked in this manner. On the right of the reciever SAIGA-12-C

KALASHNIKOV-USA

Pt St. Lucie, FL. USA

On the left of the reciever

FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY

(Russian word for SAIGA)-12C

Further down the reciever is stamped MADE IN RUSSIA BY IZHMASH

There are some symbols stamped into the reciever and the number 99

Is this a "true" SAIGA 12C? If so is it really worth $1,200?

Thanks for the help

Those are the markings on mine. (Factory 12C)

The factory installed folding stock would be another distinguishing point.

They are worth whatever a buyer will pay = capitalism :) Last deal I "know" happened was at was a bit above the $1200 mark. I say I know because that buyer wanted my factory 8 mags that were brought in with my 12C and I asked. I was working a deal at the same time (later, buyer renegged) so I kept both to offer to my shotties eventual owner.

So yes, Merry belated Christmas Molefortress. I'm guessing you have less than that into yours.

Equinox, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if you are thinking primarily home defense I'd think any old 12 converted to PG would do. That way you could chop and mod to your hearts content. Get it set up to your liking. If you are liking the combo of "investment + HD" then you are looking in the right place. Just a few investment type shotguns that you'd want to double up as a HD firearm. Hmmm, meet the perp with a USAS12 with a 20 round drum?

ETA - the Saiga currently in the For saie section might also go up in value. It is a Saiga 12 like any other, but is an EAA import (no more of those) and claimed to be unfired. There were a lot of those brought in, but likely few that were never shot.

Edited by kmoore
Thanks for the help on this one. Don't think that I will be selling my 12C, but I am interested in having it converted to an SBS by Tony.

:D

Sell it and buy a run of the mill conversion or an unconverted and have Tony hack that one up. I think you'd be making a big mistake in chopping a 12C.

Edited by DaGroaner