Native American, fellow students saying he was taunted by others. I wonder how much social media had to play in this. Shepherd Smith had a few students call in.

Crazy shit, feel bad for all involved.

Edited by SmilinEd
  • Like 1

I was flipping channels today and stopped on MSNBC (I know, so don't bitch), there was some old skank democrat in washington already calling for another assault weapons ban and a ban on illegal guns. The second one blew my mind, I didn't know that illegal guns where legal to own. They'll all start their same old bullshit again about banning everything. The skank even said that "guns" kill to many people, if so, then put the damn guns in jail, but I thought that people killed people, guns where just a tool, like a hammer or screw driver. Dumb Me........

• Like 1

Well if you got one of those fuken hatchets in yer garage you better lock that bastard up, as they have also started attacking folks, even cops. Funny I haven't heard anyone calling for a ban on those yet, but I'm sure it's coming    beaten.gif

• Like 1

Quite a few years back, I had a girlfriend who, it turned out, was anti-gun.

We were on the couch at my place, and she spotted my 1911 on the coffee table. 

She looked at it, then me and said something about those things killing people. I don't remember her exact words.

do remember telling her that this one had never tried to kill me in all the years I've owned it, but maybe we should keep an eye on it in case it tried to come after one of us.

She did NOT appreciate that. In fact, she decided to get in a huff because I was poking fun at her.

"That 's not what I meant, and you know it!" she told me, and said she wished I'd lock it up.

I told her if she was afraid of guns, which are nothing more than tools, that she'd hate me, 'cause my house is full of them.

After that it didn't last long. No great loss, that. She had her ...ahem...redeeming qualities, but intelligence wasn't among them.

• Like 6

Quite a few years back, I had a girlfriend who, it turned out, was anti-gun.

We were on the couch at my place, and she spotted my 1911 on the coffee table. 

She looked at it, then me and said something about those things killing people. I don't remember her exact words.

do remember telling her that this one had never tried to kill me in all the years I've owned it, but maybe we should keep an eye on it in case it tried to come after one of us.

She did NOT appreciate that. In fact, she decided to get in a huff because I was poking fun at her.

"That 's not what I meant, and you know it!" she told me, and said she wished I'd lock it up.

I told her if she was afraid of guns, which are nothing more than tools, that she'd hate me, 'cause my house is full of them.

After that it didn't last long. No great loss, that. She had her ...ahem...redeeming qualities, but intelligence wasn't among them.

Damn, that was funny.  My wife even laughed.

The OP situation isn't funny though.

Edited by Sneak

A couple of weird elements to the incident:

A staff member at the school ran at the student when he appeared to be fumbling with the pistol, and tried to wrestle it away from him. She ended up causing him to fire into his own neck. What a surprise - attacking the shooter during a moment of weakness, rather than running away, was the key action.

Apparently a student pulled the fire alarm, which caused the school to evacuate outdoors. There were then numerous tweets from students on their smartphones that the school staff was forcing the students to RE-ENTER THE SCHOOL and funnel back into their classrooms, due to the "shelter in place" order being issued.

I remember when we had a 6.4 earthquake in the middle of the school day at my school in 2000. Half of the students (myself included) said "fuck this" and went home when we were told to go back inside and resume classes. The entire second floor of the school felt like it was going to topple over. I would advise my kids in a similar situation to ignore their teachers and get their asses as far away from the building as possible.

Those not in the know, WA is battling a truly shitty initiative on the ballot this coming week - I-594 - which is 18 pages of pure bullshit (basically makes all private transfers, loans, and recreational shooting illegal) masquerading under the guise of "background checks", and this shooting will surely put more steam behind it - despite the fact that no background check would have stopped a fucking 14 year old, who cannot buy or possess firearms without adult supervision to begin with.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 5

Those not in the know, WA is battling a truly shitty initiative on the ballot this coming week - I-594 - which is 18 pages of pure bullshit (basically makes all private transfers, loans, and recreational shooting illegal) masquerading under the guise of "background checks", and this shooting will surely put more steam behind it - despite the fact that no background check would have stopped a fucking 14 year old, who cannot buy or possess firearms without adult supervision to begin with.

Uncanny timing of a tragedy..... again.

Welcome to CO...anger.gif   We can only legally loan for 72hrs.  

Under 594 you cannot loan at all unless the person you hand the gun to is basically about to be shot. Otherwise every single transfer needs to go through an FFL, with a very narrow list of exempions that are poorly defined - e.g. "while hunting."

A background check even has to be performed on inherited firearms.

The language also technically outlaws recreational shooting on "non established ranges", i.e. all public and private land, if you so happen to hand another person your gun while doing so, instant felon.

Numerous prosecutors have said they won't charge people on these "technicalities," but who really trusts a promise from a government employed lawyer?

The local media is also blacking out the fact that NO police departments or agencies support this initiative. In fact the state's largest police association (WACOPS) opposes it - this is NEVER mentioned by any local media, who instead refer to the same two retired LEOs (employees of the 594 campaign) as their LE support.

Even if it passes it will go immediately to court.

for more info https://www.voteno594.com/

Edited by mancat

Under 594 you cannot loan at all unless the person you hand the gun to is basically about to be shot. Otherwise every single transfer needs to go through an FFL, with a very narrow list of exempions that are poorly defined - e.g. "while hunting."

A background check even has to be performed on inherited firearms.

The language also technically outlaws recreational shooting on "non established ranges", i.e. all public and private land, if you so happen to hand another person your gun while doing so, instant felon.

Numerous prosecutors have said they won't charge people on these "technicalities," but who really trusts a promise from a government employed lawyer?

The local media is also blacking out the fact that NO police departments or agencies support this initiative. In fact the state's largest police association (WACOPS) opposes it - this is NEVER mentioned by any local media, who instead refer to the same two retired LEOs (employees of the 594 campaign) as their LE support.

Even if it passes it will go immediately to court.

for more info https://www.voteno594.com/

BTDT...  They weren't going to let us loan, but they back off on that.  There's been cases here where injured people have handed off their carry weapon to LEO for safe keeping while they get medical treatment and could not get them back.  Since the pd is not an FFL, they couldn't do the x-fer back to the owner.  I would report the mother fucker stolen and see where that goes.

Excellent comments everyone and thank you. Several points. Is the timing here just a fluke or is it extremely ... timely and related? Hummm. Three months from now or so, will we all learn that the shooter kid had been to some mental council-ling or had mental issues? Yep ... fire drills and lock downs do not mix at all. Silly and non related how that seems to work? Finally ... aluminum foil hat time? Is it just me or have there been a slew of such national shootings lately? Humm again. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.pngsad.png

I am looking for a common denominator here and there may or may not be one.

Ah; British spell check; cousins across the sea separated by a common written and spoken language. Oh well.

• Like 1

Excellent comments everyone and thank you. Several points. Is the timing here just a fluke or is it extremely ... timely and related? Hummm. Three months from now or so, will we all learn that the shooter kid had been to some mental council-ling or had mental issues? Yep ... fire drills and lock downs do not mix at all. Silly and non related how that seems to work? Finally ... aluminum foil hat time? Is it just me or have there been a slew of such national shootings lately? Humm again. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.pngsad.png

I am looking for a common denominator here and there may or may not be one.

Ah; British spell check; cousins across the sea separated by a common written and spoken language. Oh well.

A couple of the shooter's fathers had ties to the LIBOR banking scandal.

The Sikh Temple shooter was ex military psyops guy.

Colorado shooter was doing a study on psychoactive/psychotropic drugs.

Lots of weird connections and facts if you look into it.

Yeah, I know.....   tinfoilhat.gif 

http://www.dailypaul.com/266633/10-connections-between-mass-shooters