That is something to consider, at least for a holiday gift since admittedly it would be more enjoyable to practice with ammo at the range than to play laser tag by yourself.

What about those bore sight lasers that are shaped like a bullet for whatever caliber the weapon is? That could at least get one to know when they hold their weapon in such a position or place where it is pointing.

They help, but the rotation created by a rifled barrel will cause your bullet to naturally drift toward the direction of the spin, so they're not exact. 

If anything, they help to get you close to zero, but you still have to manually dial in your scope with live rounds.  Shouldn't be much of an issue with a close-range defense tool, though.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...or build a 1911...it's not hard. Hi cap 45? 1911 wide body frame, other parts of your choice...torture test and tune until satisfied.   I may go that route someday. For now, my Springfield 1911 w

I have a rock island.  Its made in the Philippines.  Goes bang every time and is accurate.  It is my carry gun.

really? there are 3+ million dead germans that would no doubt disagree with that 

Posted Images

Most of those lasers that I've seen project a steady beam to allow you to dial in a scope to align it with the bore, but on those applications, we're talking about longer distances, more in line with hunting or pest control (four or two-legged vermin.) 

The advantage of a strict training pistol is that you would not have to re-chamber a laser-shooting round manually after working the slide while practicing. 

I hope I wasnt saying recklessly spraying, just that you should know your natural point of aim. Think along the lines of shooting skeet or trap, you don't focus on the sights you focus on your target. Same allies with playing paintball, I never used sights, I used the side of my paint gun to line up my shots until I learned where I was shooting. But as I said earlier you have to used what is comfortable and effective for you to use

Why are we encouraging this DUDE to have firearms?

I strongly disagree with the mods on deleting what was said by JDeko.  He put the crap out there, everyone should know what they are dealing with in a case like this.  Any dude that needs to work on his makeup so that he can pose like a chick is NOT stable.  Period!

Even after some fight club shit that has gone on here, I would go shoulder to shoulder with any of the regulars here.  I am not comfortable at home or here encouraging someone who is unstable (at best) to be owning, or even touching firearms.2c.gif

• Like 1

So is this were the cutoff for "shall not be infringed" is?

Fwiw I don't agree with most if not all of anything jdeko has posted and as a very conservative old fashioned catholic, that one particular post turns my stomach. This isn't Facebook, chances are life choices like that will not be favored here by the members just because its socially acceptable.

However, I don't believe he should be banned from owning a gun because we are uncomfortable with his choices.

Again, I don't agree with him, but isn't this the same logic as liberals who want to ban guns just because they think they're scary?

• Like 1

I hope I wasnt saying recklessly spraying, just that you should know your natural point of aim. Think along the lines of shooting skeet or trap, you don't focus on the sights you focus on your target. Same allies with playing paintball, I never used sights, I used the side of my paint gun to line up my shots until I learned where I was shooting. But as I said earlier you have to used what is comfortable and effective for you to use

Oh no, I'd never go the spray and pray route. For one I'm hoping to get a 1911 or a Tokarev, either of which isn't exactly a high capacity pistol and even if my 030 type Saiga I already own can fit a 12-round mag I don't think I could really feather the trigger to put out a volley of fire quickly.

What I'm trying to figure out is a way that I can safely, for myself and those around me, know that if I only have the time to bring my weapon to bear I can be reasonably assured I'm going to hit the baddie in the "torso". I don't expect a Crimson Trace is going to let me remove their aorta without ever looking at my sights or having practiced pin-point accuracy. I'm trying to find a a way to maximize my effectiveness whilst I work on getting more comfortable shooting "naturally" because I will admit that I'm not just picking up pistols, acquiring the sights in less than a second and driving nails like folks on youtube.

shooting well fast requires training and practice, even then when something happens that has you ready to shoot you're not going to be Clint Eastwood cool.

semi autos generally speaking take more training and steps to get to shooting than revolvers and may or may not be as reliable depending on who you talk to.

I use a semi auto for shooting matches but prefer a revolver for defense. In a big hurry I couldn't shoot the gun or beer out of someone's hand even at close range but I could hit them somewhere. Think in terms of 7 yards or less.

also remember if you don't know what the fuck you're doing with a gun, it shows.

and the remingtons are pretty good 1911s

post-26137-0-12934700-1414694494_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-91432600-1414694507_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-20838100-1414694541.jpg

post-26137-0-94312100-1414694564_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-04722900-1414694677.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor

Why are we encouraging this DUDE to have firearms?

I strongly disagree with the mods on deleting what was said by JDeko.  He put the crap out there, everyone should know what they are dealing with in a case like this.  Any dude that needs to work on his makeup so that he can pose like a chick is NOT stable.  Period!

Even after some fight club shit that has gone on here, I would go shoulder to shoulder with any of the regulars here.  I am not comfortable at home or here encouraging someone who is unstable (at best) to be owning, or even touching firearms.2c.gif

WTF did I miss? Fuck, you go to work, take a short siesta from the board here, and whamo, you miss great comedy!

So is this were the cutoff for "shall not be infringed" is?

Fwiw I don't agree with most if not all of anything jdeko has posted and as a very conservative old fashioned catholic, that one particular post turns my stomach. This isn't Facebook, chances are life choices like that will not be favored here by the members just because its socially acceptable.

However, I don't believe he should be banned from owning a gun because we are uncomfortable with his choices.

Again, I don't agree with him, but isn't this the same logic as liberals who want to ban guns just because they think they're scary?

This has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.  I don't have the power to take away anyone's rights.  Nor am I in any way saying his rights should be taken away.

I don't think many would be comfortable giving advice if they knew what he put out there.  Not my forum.  Not my decision.  

This will be my last post in this thread as I don't want anything to do with this. 

true, i should practice chambering a round by pulling back the slide, shouldn't I?

That's kind of a gray area at this point.  I wouldn't recommend practicing with live ammo anywhere else but at a range or out in the country with an appropriate backdrop.  I'm suggesting something along the lines of one of these products to practice target acquisition:  http://www.laserlyte.com/collections/lts

Personally, I would go with airsoft before laser pistols for training.

They make them in most pistol models, and most if not all of the controls are the same, I have an airsoft 92FS that even dis-assembles the same as the real deal.

You just can't get a Glock, because Glock has sued everybody that tries to make an airsoft version.