Stocking up on ammo for platforms you do not own.

Soooooo........if I sell the S12 in the back of my safe, (which I bought nearly two years ago) for say iduno maybe $1300 with the Dinzag conversion kit....I'm a prick, a gouger, a theife? I say it's my shit and I'll do whatever I want to do with it and screw whoever doesn't like it. I'm not saying I'll actually do it, but who knows, maybe in two more years $1300 for a brand new, never shot, in the box S12, with a conversion kit from Dinzag will be a good price. I do remember when they were $300 all day long at gun shows, does that make all the people now selling them for $900 pricks, gougers and thieves? Mayhaps.

After this thread I'm pretty sure I won't tell any of you that I did it haha.gif

Prick...smile.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I made a decision 20 years ago to limit myself to the calibers I already used, in order to keep my ammo logistics reasonable.   I have passed up guns I want because they are in calibers I don't alre

Soooooo........if I sell the S12 in the back of my safe, (which I bought nearly two years ago) for say iduno maybe $1300 with the Dinzag conversion kit....I'm a prick, a gouger, a theife? I say it's m

No my intent is not to try to gouge in the future.  Did I fucking indicate that as being my plan?   When I mentioned "priceless" I was referring to having an array of ammo in a possible SHTF situati

I mainly stock ammo for what I have, but I do have a few odd rounds  that somehow found their way into my stockpile. Not many, but a few!

If you want to stock trade goods - Bic lighters!! They are dirt cheap in bulk, and if TSHTF  they will be worth more than gold for trade, alcohol is good too!

• Like 2

I mainly stock ammo for what I have, but I do have a few odd rounds  that somehow found their way into my stockpile. Not many, but a few!

If you want to stock trade goods - Bic lighters!! They are dirt cheap in bulk, and if TSHTF  they will be worth more than gold for trade, alcohol is good too!

I have a few.what.gif

In a true SHTF situation, people will be killing people for their supplies. If you have so much shit that you can't move it all in a hurry, your just a sitting duck.

And all your  stuff will be someone else's for the takeing…... Less is more. JMO.

unless you plan on living in an underground bunker and never going anywhere.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH
  • Like 1

Funny you should mention that. I remember an old post to a link to a guy who lived through that whole Argentinian collapse. LOT of info, but one thing that stuck with me was him saying that spare ammo was only somewhat useful. People always wanted lighters, he said he couldn't keep a big enough supply. IIRC he even said something to the effect if he'd rather have a hundred lighters than one tank of propane. That, and liquor was worth its weight in gold. I also remember him saying that rifles were near useless, they were too hard to conceal. Pistols were the weapons people preferred. Ill see if I can find it

• Like 1

Soooooo........if I sell the S12 in the back of my safe, (which I bought nearly two years ago) for say iduno maybe $1300 with the Dinzag conversion kit....I'm a prick, a gouger, a theife? I say it's my shit and I'll do whatever I want to do with it and screw whoever doesn't like it. I'm not saying I'll actually do it, but who knows, maybe in two more years $1300 for a brand new, never shot, in the box S12, with a conversion kit from Dinzag will be a good price. I do remember when they were $300 all day long at gun shows, does that make all the people now selling them for $900 pricks, gougers and thieves? Mayhaps.

After this thread I'm pretty sure I won't tell any of you that I did it haha.gif

Gouger...  Thief...big_smile.gif

• Like 1

Gotta laugh at the contention that this guy is a price gouger because he is buying ammo for the future. If I guy gold or silver now with a hope the value increases in the future am I a price gouger or an investor??? I have been buying guns and ammo (AR 15 and AK variants and .22 lr in particular due to popularity) now that prices are lower than they were as an investment. I buy "reasonable quantities", but do tend to buy 5.56 and 7.62 in thousand round quantities. Related to .22 lr I generally buy 100 to 500 rounds where I find it and I don't go out of my way to look and have been known to pass if folks behind me in line are expressing need. If I choose to offer those items when supply is down and prices are up for sale or as trade material am I a gouger or am I taking a businessman's approach to making sure I have goods of value when things go to shit so I can support myself and my family??

I think foks need to keep one thing in mind, merchandise of any kind is worth what people are willing to pay!! During the last bs following Sandy Hook I don't recall anyone forcing people to buy guns or ammo at extravagant pricing. I did see many (including myself) seeing the transactions as ludicrous when the prices being paid were considered versus value received but hey it was their money to throw around.

To the OP, spend your money anyway you choose. After all this is still America where so far we are still free to spend as we choose. To the naysayers, hope you are preparing to provide for you and yours in the future. I know I am.

P.S. I guess I am a real prick because I just traded some .357 Sig ammo I had laying around for a 9mm pistol I was interested in?? I had sold the .357 Sig pistol but the buyer didn't want to pay anything for the ammo so I kept it for a rainy day. A couple of weeks ago an acquaintance mentioned need of Sig ammo and offered the trade. Value was established on both sides and negotiations completed. Both parties walked away satisfied so I think it worked the way it should.

Edited by Inspector 12

In a true SHTF situation, people will be killing people for their supplies. If you have so much shit that you can't move it all in a hurry, your just a sitting duck.

And all your  stuff will be someone else's for the takeing…... Less is more. JMO.

unless you plan on living in an underground bunker and never going anywhere.

I think a better description of the scenario is that people will be willing to die to take your supplies away. Funny thing about that scenario is it will be the masses who feel "entitled" and used to receiving stuff for free resorting to such tactics. Hard working folk will be prepared for the future. As to storage location, a wise individual reads the signs and makes arrangements in advance of need (I know I am). I don't plan to live in a bunker but I do plan to be well supplied and have a plan in play.

Edited by Inspector 12
  • Like 1

I stock strike anywhere matches.  After vacuum packing the boxes, they get stored in .50 cans, 5400 matches per can.  The vacuum packing should keep the heads from degrading due to oxygen, and also from humidity.  Have 10 cans worth right now.

I stock strike anywhere matches.  After vacuum packing the boxes, they get stored in .50 cans, 5400 matches per can.  The vacuum packing should keep the heads from degrading due to oxygen, and also from humidity.  Have 10 cans worth right now.

They're really useful, for many things other than starting fires. You can improvise a LOT if things from them.

Good time to buy ammo. I buy calibers I want shoot in the future. Started to buy some 10mm. Want to get a 10mm glock some day. Got some .22 mag. Want a mag some day. Ammo is a good investment no matter what.

I had some left over 5.56 nato when everybody was out. I put it up for sale on gunstroker with no reserve and free shipping. i did not feel bad at all about making money on it as the demand drove the price. i did not set a price and would have had to sell it for a dollar if that's all that was bid. i did not buy it to sell, i just got rid of my target rifle. don't see any problem with people putting money in ammo instead of banks.

it's a crap shoot. all the guys that got into ammo to resell it are eating shit right now. sitting on tons of ammo with no buyers. this is a free market.

the market is nearly saturated and .22 will be strong this winter. wait till the new year for your .22 and get a ton of it.

bozo might do some gun shit after his party is totaled next week. might want to consider that and go out and buy some stuff this weekend.

ammo is more fun to collect than baseball cards. have fun and good luck with your collection or prospecting, whatever you choose to do.

• Like 3

I had 22lr and knew some looking when gouging was going on. Sold a couple boxes made a couple bucks. Yes I literally mean a couple.

Guy thought 50 a brick of win lead was a good price. I laughed when he told me that later when I was looking for more. Said I'll pass on paying triple the normal rate and fuck the gougers.

Now I have a hard time paying 250 for 1k 9th reman when I got it last for 170 and got jhp not plated rounds. I can get win white box 100rd for just over 25 with tax on new manufacture in the store.

Edited by montec

If I had the $ and I have many friends that shoot different calibers I would probably pick up some ammo in theirs.  I feel its better for me to pay to supply their gun when I get to shoot it.  I feel its better around.  Now them shooting my saiga(with fed bulk) I really dont care its just a mag or a drum on the 12ga.  Its inexpensive and I like the look with the saiga after they shoot it so thats fine. Gotta love "Man I really need to get me one of these".

I'm not saying he's gouging, but if he's cleaning out shelves of whatever they have then I say he'd be a definite prick.  If he's grabbing a box here and there and there is still a shelf full, I could care less as long as he is leaving some for those that truly need it.

Maybe you should be asking yourself a different question.

Like, given the low prices right now, why don't I have at least one gun in 5.56 and 9mm...?

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

If i had more funds and less of a wishlist of more guns i would definitely pick up common caliber rounds here and there even if i didnt have something that shot it. Per example, i got an email from sgammo showing 223/556 rounds lower than ive ever seen it before. Had to quit lookin because i almost bought a case w the justification that ill have a gun in 223 eventually its only a matter of time!

• Like 1

The only hole I have in the arsenal is a pistol/pistols.

Other than that I will continue to buy ammo for what I have. I'm likely  stacked shallow compared to a few of you..

Still think buying a few extra Mosin/ammo kits for the unprepared is an option, not going to beat the hordes back by myself, It will take a  well armed community.

Need to think community/ like minded ppl.

But if a Sherman comes into my price range...big_smile.gif

Duct tape and toilet paper are on a higher priority for me than ammo.

As long as I got a clean ass and dry feet I can come up with a plan to get more Guns and ammo.

I'll say it again, in a real SHTF scenario, everything will be up for the takeing. And I have a feeling

guns and ammo will be very plentiful around every corner.

Food and water will be the most valuable by far.  Most households have no more than a few days worth.  If we have to we can make ours last months.

In the first few weeks the majority of the casualties will be people drinking bad water or eating bad food, or people killing each other for water and food.

• Like 1

Maybe you should be asking yourself a different question.

Like, given the low prices right now, why don't I have at least one gun in 5.56 and 9mm...?

Because the gun fund is dry and other needs are now on top?

Actually ammo and guns turned out to be easiest calls to make. The rifle may only be $500 but what it takes to support it is easily several times as much.

My question was directed at someone who has enough spare money to buy ammo for guns he doesn't have.

Well I would guess it is a matter of degrees and a valid question.

One can buy a few hundred rounds pretty cheap, depending on the ammo of course, but mags, parts, and few thousand rounds aint cheap. Not to mention the toys we love to hang off of them.

• Like 1

If I gave the impression that I'm purchasing pallets, or even cases of ammo for calibers I do not own,

that was not my intention.

I grab a box or two when I buy for what I do have. Prices in my area have normalized, and ammo is plentiful.

No harm no foul.