That's nothing, my neighbor on the land next to me, finally showed me a "project" he had been working on for some time. He got a 50BMG barrel from somewhere, and decided to "make" his own receiver, and his only tools where a file, a dremel, and a drill. NO SHIT. He had a bolt and came up with a FCG. Well, his first "test fire" was performed with the "gun" strapped to a large tree, him about 50 ft away with a string on the trigger, and KABOOM. It didn't fly apart, but it does have a split in the "receiver", I think in the bottom. I don't want to be no where around him when or if he "fixes" it to shoot again.

He'll realize that he forgot an extractor/ejector system, and now it's welded so the bolt isn't removable! 

He's going to hate that stock when it tears his shoulder up!

He knows he has forgot it. According to comments that is why he listed it at 90%. I'd be more afraid of the shoddy looking welds not holding when he tries live firing a round

I respect what the kid is going. Some of the shit he does requires more ingenuity than your typical person is capable of. His simple pipe 12 gauge is somethin I wouldn't mind making 10-15 of.

He'll realize that he forgot an extractor/ejector system, and now it's welded so the bolt isn't removable! 

if your mangina hurts you could use a pad... but saigas dont recoil mcuh, at least with the light loads...

this is a yugo stock

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3324440/wichita-kansas-shotguns-for-sale-trade--underfolder-saiga-12--tuned

I respect what the kid is going. Some of the shit he does requires more ingenuity than your typical person is capable of. His simple pipe 12 gauge is somethin I wouldn't mind making 10-15 of.

If you want to build something relatively safe that will fire a 12-gauge shell from a pipe using crap found at a hardware store, there are pretty good instructions in the old Army improvised weapons manuals from the 60's.

Edited by Shandlanos

if your mangina hurts you could use a pad... but saigas dont recoil mcuh, at least with the light loads...

this is a yugo stock

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3324440/wichita-kansas-shotguns-for-sale-trade--underfolder-saiga-12--tuned

A saiga is an auto...much less recoil

This is a VERY light weight bolt action with a crap stock.

This kid's going to hurt himself. Shitty, shitty welds in critical areas.

"It's not really a magazine, more of a clip"

No, moron. It's a fixed magazine.

I figured he would have hurt himself by now with some of the lame brain shit he does.

It's just a matter of time.

GUYS,

IF HE SURVIVES HIS OWN INEPTITUDE AND BRAVADO, LONG ENOUGH, GETS SOME PROFESSIONAL LEVEL TRAINING (COLORADO SCHOOL OF TRADES, DO WE HAVE A STUDENT FOR YOU!), AND HAS ACCESS TO A MACHINE SHOP, INSTEAD OF A HACKSAW, CHISEL, FILE (ALL APPARENTLY DULL), AND A MIG WELDER.............

MAYBE WE COULD APPRENTICE HIM OUT TO ONE OF THE KHYBER PASS GUNSHOPS; ANYONE WANT TO START A FUND FOR A PLANE TICKET TO BUTTFUCKISTAN.....................OH-WAIT............

THAT'S PROBABLY WHAT THEY'D WANT TO DO TO HIS INFIDEL ASS (NO PUN...), RIGHT BEFORE THEY PUT HIS HEAD ON A STICK...

BACK TO PLAN A........

JESS1344

• Like 1

this is a yugo stock

That thing is going to shred his shoulder.haha.gif

this is a yugo stock

That thing is going to shred his shoulder.haha.gif

If he's extremely lucky that's the worst thing that will happen when he pulls the trigger.

Hopefully he thinks to start with blanks or those little mini-shells.

Wow, most impressive. I would like to cut the kid some slack here. Several quick points if I may; He seems very mechanically inclined, plus has the where if all to actually follow through with his ideas. He succeeded in completing something which is good.

Right now he may be at that important phase or stage where some professional guidance might be in order. I do not think he has thought out all the potential bad stuff yet that might result from his endeavors and skills. He needs a little bit of teaching.

Guidance. Not to crush any potential out of him, but to educate him as to the realities of strength of materials, welding ability, methods of manufacture, stuff like that. But ... not too much of that either. Has he made other stuff less dangerous?

Could I have done what he has done ... at his age? Dunno. Never had that added encouragement or training; nor did I have any infrastructure to even start stuff like he has already done. Yep ... he needs a ticket for more stuff. Who knows what he might do.

HB of CJ (old coot)

• Like 1

A couple of years around someone with some decent skills would do him some good, but time around someone with impressive skills could put him in warp mode. I would like to see him radically modify an existing firearm and take some time doing it. He is clearly just having a good time with some of this stuff and his passion about it is undeniable, but I would like to see where he takes it while taking it very seriously. 

• Like 2