Ebola Nurse to Sue after Forced Quarantine

This is not a medical issue at this at this point. No health professional (and this nurse IS one) in their right mind, or who is not a "yes" man for the government believes this nurse is contagious or even has Ebola. This is about making an example out of her because she dares to defy the government. A government who is still chasing it's own tail on this while she, a medical professional with first hand experience with the disease has acted responsibly by diligently self-monitoring herself and knows better than any politician that she is not a threat to anyone.

• Like 2
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is willing to risk her life to treat Ebola patients in Africa, which is very admirable....which is what makes her refusal to go into quarantine in conditions that are much better than they are in

I have an idea... send her to Ferguson Missouri to march with the protesters.

The problem I have is that they are making up the rules as they go along and it's being driven by politics. There should have been a comprehensive nationwide plan to deal with this long ago that's bas

Posted Images

I guess it comes down to, are we a nation of laws or not...?

I'm sure the protesters in Ferguson that have been arrested feel their 1st amendment rights have been violated...?

I guess none of us should bitch if we have Dreamers streaming into this country..?

Lets stop paying taxes.?

Lets throw out speed limits also and no more DUIs..?

or driving on the right hand side of the road and wearing seatbelts.?

I should be able to SMOKE wherever I want.?

If you have something that I want, I should able to liberate that item from you.?

If we individually decide what laws we will obey and what laws we do not, then my friends, we are headed as a nation WROL.

• Like 2

The obama admin does not want quarantines, this woman is on that side of the issue

Most intelligent people and educated health workers agree quarantines are in order.

To equate a medical isolation with any kind of civil rights issue is ridiculous .

keep in mind HUNDREDS of health care workers have already died caring for ebola patients  

• Like 3

This is not a medical issue at this at this point. No health professional (and this nurse IS one) in their right mind, or who is not a "yes" man for the government believes this nurse is contagious or even has Ebola. This is about making an example out of her because she dares to defy the government. A government who is still chasing it's own tail on this while she, a medical professional with first hand experience with the disease has acted responsibly by diligently self-monitoring herself and knows better than any politician that she is not a threat to anyone.

Of course it's a medical issue!  It's a huge dangerous medical issue!

She came from a hot zone where other medical workers who were also "following protocols" got exposed and contracted ebola. She can't say that because she has no symptoms she doesn't have ebola, it has a very long incubation period (that seems to vary).

The need for quarantine is not determined by symptoms, it's determined by POSSIBLE exposure from being in a hot zone.

So this woman thinks she knows everything there is to know about ebola?

Has she cured it yet?  So no more problem, she cured it and we can all forget about it now?

If she knows so much about ebola, I wish she would share her knowledge with the rest of the world.

The rest of the world seems to still be having a problem with it.

These health care workers have proven that many of them have the common sense of a tree stump, and even worse, many are fucking liars!

How can they possibly think it's ok to lie about their self quarantine measures?    Holy shit man!

• Like 4

Even IF someone has Ebola they are not contagious UNTIL they are symptomatic. I'd say she is as good an expert on monitoring for Ebola symptoms as anybody and she is doing that minute by minute. If she should begin to have any sypmtoms, that is the time she should be quarantined and she would do it willingly. Once again, if Ebola is in her body she is not spreading it now. I can't believe the hysteria I'm seeing on this board of all places.

• Like 1

Even IF someone has Ebola they are not contagious UNTIL they are symptomatic. I'd say she is as good an expert on monitoring for Ebola symptoms as anybody and she is doing that minute by minute. If she should begin to have any sypmtoms, that is the time she should be quarantined and she would do it willingly. Once again, if Ebola is in her body she is not spreading it now. I can't believe the hysteria I'm seeing on this board of all places.

Please post a picture of your diploma showing your degree in epidemiology 

and your experience with this strain of ebola along with your case studies in transmission.

Because people that have those credentials refute what you claim about no transmission pre symptomatic .

If you have that expertise I would gladly listen to your point of view. 

Or are you just repeating the party line hook line and sinker

• Like 2

Ok even if the "not contagious UNTIL they are symptomatic" premise is true, that still misses the point.

Anybody exposed needs to be in quarantine BEFORE they are symptomatic.

Quarantine is about EXPOSURE not symptoms!

If you are waiting to quarantine everybody that has been exposed to show symptoms, that is a horribly flawed and reckless plan!

When they start showing symptoms they are then exposing others to the virus before you can get them isolated. The exposure cycle then continues and multiplies out of control. Once you lose track of who has been exposed, it's a very serious problem.

Quarantine is to break the reproductive cycle of the virus by PREVENTING exposure.

Quarantine is about halting the progress of the virus, it's not some punishment for showing symptoms.

If you were getting shot at, would you stand there and wait until you were hit to seek cover?

Do you screw the slut and then put on the rubber?

It's a cart vs. horse kind of a thing.

Anybody exposed needs to be in quarantine BEFORE they are symptomatic.

• Like 2

DM,

If I have come across as hysterical my apologies, my only concern with nurse Kaci or any other healthcare worker who would not adhere to quarantine measures after they have treated Ebola patients 1st hand in WA is the spreading of this deadly virus.

CDC just announced "

Nass pointed to a poster the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention quietly released on its Web site saying the deadly virus can be spread through “droplets.”

“Droplet spread happens when germs traveling inside droplets that are coughed or sneezed from a sick person enter the eyes, nose or mouth of another person,” the poster states.

Full article,   http://nypost.com/2014/10/29/cdc-admits-droplets-from-a-sneeze-could-spread-ebola/

Playing devils advocate, what happens if you start the sneezing 1st before  the high temps and diarrhea/vomit starts...???

Now we have to chase down how many ppl who might have had any exposure. Manpower/tax dollars, 300k per patient

I'm more concerned with our healthcare system being overwhelmed, everybody looses if that happens. Why gamble and possibly spread the wealth.?

Anyhow, its Evil Clown Night and I'm on watch.

BTY

• Like 2

People who don't understand the seriousness of this, may not understand the exponential growth potential of the virus.

Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.

Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.Every newly infected person can then transmit the virus to as many people as they come in contact with.

• Like 3

and your experience with this strain of ebola along with your case studies in transmission.

Because people that have those credentials refute what you claim about no transmission pre symptomatic .

I don't even know what "Party" you are referring to. My sources are the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. And yours, Doc?
  • Like 1

Who thinks the Maine Governor will use the ninjas and flash bangs around 3 a.m...?

That will not happen because she was birthed from obutfukers ass, it's a hands off policy for her. But I sure would like see how it would go for one of us unhappy.gif

I don't even know what "Party" you are referring to. My sources are the Center for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. And yours, Doc?
That party would be the DEMOCRATIC party! I am not afraid to mince words here. No quarantine and no closed borders for civilian flights from hotspots are the current liberal talking points. It is coming from our current President, the media, and Kaci herself. I am sorry, but the CDC and WHO don't mean jack to me. Both were unprepared for this, and both are political at their roots. I guess in your mind the United Nations really wants world peace and has the best of intentions in mind.

The CDC has reversed itself so many times since this began, that I no longer see a medical research organization anymore, I see a puppet that has the Admiistration's hand up its ass controlling every word it says. Just this week the CDC reluctantly admitted that Ebola could conceivably be spread through a sneeze (see post #71)

Self quarantine is not asking you to cut off a testicle for crying out loud. It's quarantine....in the U.S. for 21 days, not freaking prison! Conditions on the ground in Liberia and Sierra Leone are much worse than quarantine in the US. This is pure and simple self importance, elitism, and not giving a damn about the possible risk of infecting others. Be appalled at the response by many on this board if you wish. I am appalled by the lack of concern by this nurse, by the mainstream media, and this Administration. History should tell us by now that any position this Administration takes, is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. It has consistently been on the wrong side of every issue.

Edited by Spacehog
  • Like 4

There are many sources not under the control of government, and not tainted by political correctness.

study it for yourself. data goes back to the late 1970s

You said people with credentials refute what I say. You obviously know exactly who they are. Name them. I'm really curious to know who the absolutely best qualified sources are for information on this disease.

That party would be the DEMOCRATIC party! I am not afraid to mince words here. No quarantine and no closed borders for civilian flights from hotspots are the current liberal talking points. It is coming from our current President, the media, and Kaci herself. I am sorry, but the CDC and WHO don't mean jack to me. Both were unprepared for this, and both are political at their roots. I guess in your mind the United Nations really wants world peace and has the best of intentions in mind.

The CDC has reversed itself so many times since this began, that I no longer see a medical research organization anymore, I see a puppet that has the Admiistration's hand up its ass controlling every word it says. Just this week the CDC reluctantly admitted that Ebola could conceivably be spread through a sneeze (see post #71)

Self quarantine is not asking you to cut off a testicle for crying out loud. It's quarantine....in the U.S. for 21 days, not freaking prison! Conditions on the ground in Liberia and Sierra Leone are much worse than quarantine in the US. This is pure and simple self importance, elitism, and not giving a damn about the possible risk of infecting others. Be appalled at the response by many on this board if you wish. I am appalled by the lack of concern by this nurse, by the mainstream media, and this Administration. History should tell us by now that any position this Administration takes, is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. It has consistently been on the wrong side of every issue.

I see, so because I believe something that the CDC and WHO says concerning the spread of Ebola all of a sudden I'm a liberal democrat and a United Nations fanboy. Bahahaha! Wow, that's rich. OK, same question to you, Ace. You want her quarantined on the medical expertise of whom? Come on now, be specific. I really want to know.

This disease has been treated with zero respect by our people in charge.  Yet, not a single person has died in this country with the exception of a dude that was probably already basically a dead man walking.

If they are going to have a quarantine, it needs to be the real deal.  That means a quarantine for every one of the estimated 150 people coming in per day.   Not picking someone and telling them they need to live in a parking lot in a tent. 

Do I think she should self quarantine?  Of course.  But there is something more to this story that we don't know as none of this is adding up.  This strain of the disease does not seem to be the huge deal people are making of it.

I'm terrified to find out what the end game is on this one.  But until the disease starts acting like everyone is fear mongering it to be, I believe this is just another case of smoke and mirrors.

• Like 3

SMOKE AND MIRROR

This assault on quarantine for infectious disease is not about Ebola. This is about thousands of infected illegal aliens who are passing Polio like  paralysis to our children. This is intentional, as was the Federal mandate to place these disease carriers in our schools with no health screening.

• Like 4

I see, so because I believe something that the CDC and WHO says concerning the spread of Ebola all of a sudden I'm a liberal democrat and a United Nations fanboy. Bahahaha! Wow, that's rich. OK, same question to you, Ace. You want her quarantined on the medical expertise of whom? Come on now, be specific. I really want to know.

You missed the point of my post DM. You quoted I don't even know what party you are referring to , I clarified the the exact talking points of Liberals on this one. Does that make you a liberal? No, but you are agreeing with them on this one.

In answer to your question to name a credible source for quarantine, how about common sense? The CDC and WHO, have discredited themselves in my view by their flip flopping on proper protocol. I do not trust anything they tell us. Both have become as political as they are medical. I don't discount some of the good work that they do, but I don't consider either an end all authority on the subject.

If you volunteer to treat Ebola in West Africa, I applaud your commitment and your drive to help other human beings. That same commitment and concern for others should be self evident when returning home through self quarantine until the incubation period is over.

The CDC told us that there was no danger in treating Ebola in the US. We have the best medical system and protocols in the world, yet the disease infected medical personnel treating it. Doctors on the ground in WA, are the best experts out there, and take every precaution not to get the disease, yet they still get it. Hence history and common sense are my experts here, I trust both of those more than the talking heads of two corrupt and often inept organizations.

• Like 1

as far as I'm concerned she's free to go anywhere she wants if that's her God given right. 

of course everyone has the right to defend themselves so we all would feel free to spray away.

everyone has rights, but sometimes they don't mesh very well.

post-26137-0-56135600-1414770916_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-68537000-1414770936_thumb.jpg

Ooops

VANISHED>>> CDC Deletes Ebola Page On How You Can Catch Disease from Coughing, Sneezing Posted by Kristinn Taylor on Friday, October 31, 2014, 9:30 AM

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10/vanished-cdc-deletes-ebola-page-on-how-you-can-catch-disease-from-coughing-sneezing/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ebola-cdc-cough.jpg

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention took down a page this week explaining how Ebola can be spread though coughing, sneezing and sex.

The Gateway Pundit reported last Friday on the CDC information page about ninety minutes after it was promoted by the CDC on Twitter. The image and text of the page were saved and are posted in their entirety at The Gateway Pundit report entitled, CDC: Yes, You Can Catch Ebola from Being Sneezed, Coughed on–or by Having Sex

The CDC page now bears this message:

“The What’s the difference between infections spread through air or by droplets? Fact sheet is being updated and is currently unavailable. Please visit cdc.gov/Ebola for up-to-date information on Ebola.”

The Huffington Post was the
Thursday evening about the CDC taking down the Ebola page. The HuffPo report was later updated with a response from the CDC.

“A CDC official said the agency is continually updating its website. “This particular Q&A is being updated to ensure people understand that Ebola is not an airborne virus like the flu and will be reposted soon,” the official said in an email.”

The HuffPo report links to a Volokh Conspiracy blog report at the Washington Post from October 4th. The blog quotes a CDC Q&A on how Ebola can be transmitted that has since been changed by the CDC.

Original:

“Can Ebola spread by coughing? By sneezing?”

“Unlike respiratory illnesses like measles or chickenpox, which can be transmitted by virus particles that remain suspended in the air after an infected person coughs or sneezes, Ebola is transmitted by direct contact with body fluids of a person who has symptoms of Ebola disease. Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.”

Current:

“Can Ebola be spread by coughing or sneezing?”

“There is no evidence indicating that Ebola virus is spread by coughing or sneezing. Ebola virus is transmitted through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola; the virus is not transmitted through the air (like measles virus). However, droplets (e.g., splashes or sprays) of respiratory or other secretions from a person who is sick with Ebola could be infectious, and therefore certain precautions (called standard, contact, and droplet precautions) are recommended for use in healthcare settings to prevent the transmission of Ebola virus from patients sick with Ebola to healthcare personnel and other patients or family members.”

Text from the deleted CDC page as reported by The Gateway Pundit:

“Airborne spread happens when a germ floats through the air after a person talks, coughs, or sneezes. Germs may land in the eyes, mouth, or nose of another person.

“If a germ is airborne, direct contact with the infected person is NOT needed for someone else to get sick. Airborne spread diseases include: chickenpox, tuberculosis.

“Droplet spread happens when germs traveling inside droplets that are coughed or sneezed from a sick person enter the eyes, nose, or mouth of another person. Droplets travel short distances, less than 3 feet (1 meter) from one person to another.

“A person might also get infected by touching a surface or object that has germs on it and then touching their mouth or nose.

“Droplet spread diseases include: plague, Ebola.”

The science is settled–on whatever day the Obama administration says it is settled. All other versions will be deleted.

• Like 1

This disease has been treated with zero respect by our people in charge.  Yet, not a single person has died in this country with the exception of a dude that was probably already basically a dead man walking.

If they are going to have a quarantine, it needs to be the real deal.  That means a quarantine for every one of the estimated 150 people coming in per day.   Not picking someone and telling them they need to live in a parking lot in a tent. 

Do I think she should self quarantine?  Of course.  But there is something more to this story that we don't know as none of this is adding up.  This strain of the disease does not seem to be the huge deal people are making of it.

I'm terrified to find out what the end game is on this one.  But until the disease starts acting like everyone is fear mongering it to be, I believe this is just another case of smoke and mirrors.

Very perceptive John.

They dont treat the virus with much respect/caution simply because they haven't watched someone die from it and or dont think it will ever darken their own door. It is a fairly horrible death just behind being slowly burned alive. This bothers me as that lying doc and that nurse have seen it and yet...

Without a near heroic (and incredibly expensive) medical effort the death rate of 50-90% aint a joke. This is not counting what happens to that person afterward, never fully recovering due to damage to internal organs. 

The way this quarantine was implemented is as irresponsible as having none,  and it aint like this just jumped up from nowhere its been a reality since last spring. Worst of all everything done and not done is merely political since that is all these miscreants know.

Doing something, even if its wrong, is neither wise or productive. Much easier to just lock down the disease at the point of entry than dealing with it in the population but it has to be done right.

Obviously the government has blown any chance to be believed long ago and this is just the start of the payoff.

No one trusts anyone else. 

Welcome to the realization of the endarkening.

It fuckin sucks

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1

You missed the point of my post DM. You quoted I don't even know what party you are referring to , I clarified the the exact talking points of Liberals on this one. Does that make you a liberal? No, but you are agreeing with them on this one.

In answer to your question to name a credible source for quarantine, how about common sense? The CDC and WHO, have discredited themselves in my view by their flip flopping on proper protocol. I do not trust anything they tell us. Both have become as political as they are medical. I don't discount some of the good work that they do, but I don't consider either an end all authority on the subject.

If you volunteer to treat Ebola in West Africa, I applaud your commitment and your drive to help other human beings. That same commitment and concern for others should be self evident when returning home through self quarantine until the incubation period is over.

The CDC told us that there was no danger in treating Ebola in the US. We have the best medical system and protocols in the world, yet the disease infected medical personnel treating it. Doctors on the ground in WA, are the best experts out there, and take every precaution not to get the disease, yet they still get it. Hence history and common sense are my experts here, I trust both of those more than the talking heads of two corrupt and often inept organizations.

I think that common sense is exactly what I'm using and what this nurse is using. She is diligently self monitoring and is using the best medical information available including her own hands on experience, and has rejected all the political hysteria. That is perfect. BTW, I don't hold the CDC and WHO out to be infallible. The first time I ever mentioned them was to criticize them along with politicians for failure to get out ahead of this and have a nationwide plan in place. But common sense will tell you that doesn't make them automatically wrong about everything. The one narrow issue that I refereed to them on was their position that Ebola is not contagious until symptoms are present. That is the best medical information available today and it is backed up by too many other sources to name here including the Mayo Clinic. Now I'm sure someone will chime in and accuse the Mayo Clinic of  being an Obama puppet or some ridiculous shit. There is a comment in this thread that says simply...."The obama admin does not want quarantines, this woman is on that side of the issue". That kind of speaks to the level of common sense by some here.

Edited by DogMan