Ebola Nurse to Sue after Forced Quarantine

Ooops 2

WHO

OUTBREAK! WHO urges sneeze protection while CDC retreats U.S. agency removes warning of airborne Ebola transmission

WHO urges sneeze protection while CDC retreats

Posted By Jerome R. Corsi On 10/31/2014 @ 12:37 pm In Front Page,Health,Politics,U.S. | No Comments

Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey, Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell and President Obama

NEW YORK – While the Centers for Disease Control has removed from its website a warning that Ebola can be spread through sneezing, the World Health Organization has just issued new guidelines for health workers that specify protective equipment should be worn to protect the mouth, nose and eyes from contaminated droplets and fluids.

The WHO guidelines are based on a review of care of Ebola patients, the U.N. agency said.

Meanwhile, Friday, the CDC website removed a “Fact Sheet” posted Thursday that stirred controversy by admitting after weeks of apparent denial that Ebola can be spread by coughing and sneezing.

The WHO said the Guidelines Development Group it convened included participation of a wide range of experts from international organizations, including the CDC, Doctors without Borders and the Infection Control Africa Network.

“These guidelines hold an important role in clarifying effective personal protective equipment options that protect the safety of healthcare workers and patients from Ebola virus disease transmission,” says Edward Kelley, WHO director for service delivery and safety.

“Paramount to the guidelines’ effectiveness is the inclusion of mandatory training on the putting on, taking off and decontaminating of PPE, followed by mentoring for all users before engaging in any clinical care.”

The guidance posted by the CDC Thursday, captured by NaturalNews.com, said “droplets of the virus can travel short distances, less than 3 feet [one meter] from person to person.”

It further disclosed that a person “might also get infected by touching a surface or object that has germs on it and then touching their nose or mouth.”

Mike Adams, writing at NaturalNews.com, commented that the fact sheet meant “the CDC is now admitting it lied all along” by denying the Ebola virus could be spread by “indirect transmission routes,” including sneezing and coughing. The CDC, he said, had insisted Ebola can only be spread by “direct contact” with the body or bodily fluids of an Ebola-infected person.

The same CDC fact sheet also acknowledged Ebola can contaminate objects, saying “a person might also get infected by touching a surface or object that has germs on it and then touching their mouth or nose.”

Dr. Rossi Hassard, a professor of epidemiology at Mercy College, was quoted by the New York Post saying droplets of the Ebola virus could remain active on surfaces such as a table or doorknob.

The removal of the fact sheet was merely the most recent in a series of public reversals.

On Tuesday, the CDC issued guidance for health care workers specifying new procedures for Emergency Medical Services when handling Ebola patients in ambulance transfers that admitted “lessons had been learned from the recent experience caring for patients with Ebola in U.S. healthcare settings.”

On Oct. 20, reacting to the two nurses who contracted Ebola in Texas after treating patient Thomas Eric Duncan, the CDC “tightened guidance” for U.S. health care workers, specifying no skin should be exposed and all workers be properly trained and supervised by a monitor as they put on and remove personal protective equipment.

Then, on Thursday, as a result of the developing controversy of nurse Kaci Hickox’s refusal to comply with state-imposed quarantine requirements after retuning to the U.S. from West Africa, the CDC issued new guidance for “active monitoring” of persons with potential exposure to Ebola, including daily phone calls to state health authorities to report their temperatures and possibly even state-imposed travel restrictions

The apparent “learning on the fly” cast suspicion on continued reassurances by CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden that the CDC had all necessary procedures in place, and Ebola would be contained in the United States if health care officials and workers followed CDC recommendations precisely.

Then, when nurses Nina Pham and Amber Vinson contracted Ebola after treating Duncon, the CDC appeared to blame the nurses, suggesting they became infected because they didn’t follow CDC “safety protocols” for treating Ebola patients.

The assertion that CDC protocols were sufficient was undermined when the CDC issued new guidelines specifying health care workers treating Ebola patients must have every inch of their bodies covered by protective equipment and that trained supervisors were needed to monitor workers as they put on and took off the equipment.

Still today, the CDC continues to hold the line that there is no risk Ebola can be airborne transmitted.

Yet, as reported by WND, the U.S. Army has published a widely used medical management handbook, now in its seventh edition, that warns viral hemorrhagic fever, the category of viruses that includes Ebola, can be an airborne threat in certain circumstances.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/who-urges-sneeze-protection-while-cdc-retreats/

• Like 1
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is willing to risk her life to treat Ebola patients in Africa, which is very admirable....which is what makes her refusal to go into quarantine in conditions that are much better than they are in

I have an idea... send her to Ferguson Missouri to march with the protesters.

The problem I have is that they are making up the rules as they go along and it's being driven by politics. There should have been a comprehensive nationwide plan to deal with this long ago that's bas

Posted Images

This disease has been treated with zero respect by our people in charge.  Yet, not a single person has died in this country with the exception of a dude that was probably already basically a dead man walking.

If they are going to have a quarantine, it needs to be the real deal.  That means a quarantine for every one of the estimated 150 people coming in per day.   Not picking someone and telling them they need to live in a parking lot in a tent. 

Do I think she should self quarantine?  Of course.  But there is something more to this story that we don't know as none of this is adding up.  This strain of the disease does not seem to be the huge deal people are making of it.

I'm terrified to find out what the end game is on this one.  But until the disease starts acting like everyone is fear mongering it to be, I believe this is just another case of smoke and mirrors.

I agree with a lot of what you said John.

The quarantine needs to be real. That's for immigrants, medical personnel, and anybody exposed to ebola.

And I certainly don't intend to perpetuate fear with anything I've posted, just common sense. I agree that in terms of dead bodies, we aren't seeing piles of bodies from ebola in this country. However, you can't wait until it gets to that point before setting up serious quarantines. By the time you have thousands or even just hundreds or dozens of bodies, it's too late. You would still setup quarantines, but the overall success of containing a pandemic would be in serious question. It would be like trying to catch all of those flying ping-pong balls before they set off another mouse trap in the video above.

>>But there is something more to this story that we don't know as none of this is adding up.  This strain of the disease does not seem to be the huge deal people are making of it.

I agree.

The people in charge of dealing with this thing have no credibility. Both their incompetence and their propensity to deceive the American public leave all of us in a very difficult spot. We have no idea what to believe any more, and maybe that's the entire goal.

All I can say is this:

If there is any truth to ebola being "real" in WA, and these "medical professionals" are coming home exposed and/or infected, they need to be in quarantine.

I'll continue to go with the ole boy scout motto, and fuck the eye bleedn bitch up north, or any of them for that matter. I do not trust my government.........ANY OF IT 010.gif

I stocked up on several cases of bleach a couple weeks ago.....squirt  squirtshocked.gif

• Like 2

Well, it looks like common sense has prevailed.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/31/health/us-ebola/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

All well and good until another health care worker (or immigrant/foreign national) comes here from Liberia infected and points

to this case as to why he/she doesn't have to be in quarantine.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

All well and good until another health care worker (or immigrant/foreign national) comes here from Liberia infected and points

"Another" infected one? There is no evidence whatsoever that this nurse is infected with anything. That's why the judge told the politicians to keep their grubby hands off of her. If someone comes over here who IS infected or has shown to be reckless or irresponsible that would be a different situation that could be ruled on differently.

"Another" infected one? There is no evidence whatsoever that this nurse is infected with anything. That's why the judge told the politicians to keep their grubby hands off of her. If someone comes over here who IS infected or has shown to be reckless or irresponsible that would be a different situation that could be ruled on differently.

We haven't had anybody infected coming into the US?

You haven't been watching the news.... we had Mr. Duncan, and at least a half dozen infected medical workers coming here INFECTED, SYMPTOMS, CONTAGIOUS. And this nurse has been EXPOSED, that qualifies for quarantine. Infected or not is irrelevant, the standard is EXPOSED for quarantine.

And as far as your word games...

We already have had many, one more would be "another one".

The government is quietly planning to bring more infected ebola patients here.

Each one would qualify as "another one".   See how that works?

The State Department has quietly made plans to bring Ebola-infected doctors and medical aides to the U.S. for treatment, according to an internal department document that argued the only way to get other countries to send medical teams to West Africa is to promise that the U.S. will be the world’s medical backstop.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/28/state-department-plans-to-bring-foreign-ebola-pati/

Edit:  These are more "medical professionals" as you say who know what they are doing and should be trusted.

More of them "following protocols" and yet they got infected too. They will be wandering your town soon and

their kids going to school with your kids since nobody likes quarantines.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

SMOKE AND MIRROR

This assault on quarantine for infectious disease is not about Ebola. This is about thousands of infected illegal aliens who are passing Polio like  paralysis to our children. This is intentional, as was the Federal mandate to place these disease carriers in our schools with no health screening.

See how the smoke and mirrors works...  I totally forgot about this one.  I concur sir!

• Like 1

This disease has been treated with zero respect by our people in charge.  Yet, not a single person has died in this country with the exception of a dude that was probably already basically a dead man walking.

If they are going to have a quarantine, it needs to be the real deal.  That means a quarantine for every one of the estimated 150 people coming in per day.   Not picking someone and telling them they need to live in a parking lot in a tent. 

Do I think she should self quarantine?  Of course.  But there is something more to this story that we don't know as none of this is adding up.  This strain of the disease does not seem to be the huge deal people are making of it.

I'm terrified to find out what the end game is on this one.  But until the disease starts acting like everyone is fear mongering it to be, I believe this is just another case of smoke and mirrors.

I agree with a lot of what you said John.

The quarantine needs to be real. That's for immigrants, medical personnel, and anybody exposed to ebola.

And I certainly don't intend to perpetuate fear with anything I've posted, just common sense. I agree that in terms of dead bodies, we aren't seeing piles of bodies from ebola in this country. However, you can't wait until it gets to that point before setting up serious quarantines. By the time you have thousands or even just hundreds or dozens of bodies, it's too late. You would still setup quarantines, but the overall success of containing a pandemic would be in serious question. It would be like trying to catch all of those flying ping-pong balls before they set off another mouse trap in the video above.

>>But there is something more to this story that we don't know as none of this is adding up.  This strain of the disease does not seem to be the huge deal people are making of it.

I agree.

The people in charge of dealing with this thing have no credibility. Both their incompetence and their propensity to deceive the American public leave all of us in a very difficult spot. We have no idea what to believe any more, and maybe that's the entire goal.

All I can say is this:

If there is any truth to ebola being "real" in WA, and these "medical professionals" are coming home exposed and/or infected, they need to be in quarantine.

I don't think the head ape benefits in any way by a shitload of Americans dying when he could have easily stopped it.  I think this has everything to do with amnesty, enterovirus, and whatever else those fuckers are bringing us from down south.

• Like 1

Well.... he could benefit in a martial law "I'm not leaving office" kind of a way if a shitload of Americans died.

>>I think this has everything to do with amnesty, enterovirus, and whatever else those fuckers are bringing us from down south.

Very possible the commies are working that angle too.

• Like 1

The stupid bitch should be in a 42 day FORCED quarantine.

How DARE she endanger the rest of us??  She was EXPOSED. Plague knows no exceptions. It kills with impunity.

Yes, ebola is a plague.

I sincerely hope she's infected, but infects no one else. Her arrogance demands it.

• Like 1

"Another" infected one? There is no evidence whatsoever that this nurse is infected with anything. 

I disagree sir. That bitch is infected the same liberal mindset that is currently destroying this country. "I am ABOVE the law, your rules don't apply to me, and fuck the rest of you plebes, I will do as I please"...

• Like 2

Yep.

As we see every day, there is a wide separation between how things should be and how they are.

Therein lay the the failure of every attempt of men to govern others by force no matter how it is dressed up by written law.

I think the fact you live in the most corrupt state in the union may have an influence on your attitude.

Not all people in power are like that 

Sure thing... just name one.

I can wait.

"Another" infected one? There is no evidence whatsoever that this nurse is infected with anything. 

I disagree sir. That bitch is infected the same liberal mindset that is currently destroying this country. "I am ABOVE the law, your rules don't apply to me, and fuck the rest of you plebes, I will do as I please"...

She was smart enough to get through school.  She supposedly has helped people with ebola and would know first hand what to look for and what death by this disease means.

Do you find it a bit odd that she is running around seemingly without a care in the world?

The stupid bitch should be in a 42 day FORCED quarantine.

How DARE she endanger the rest of us??  She was EXPOSED. Plague knows no exceptions. It kills with impunity.

Yes, ebola is a plague.

I sincerely hope she's infected, but infects no one else. Her arrogance demands it.

150 people come here per day from infected countries.  Of that, there is certainly a high percentage of people whom have been exposed.  Do you find it a bit odd that nobody here has died from this?  Hmmm...  1050 people came in this week and nothing.  

Sorry buddy, but this ain't the one.  Look elsewhere with your rage.  After Tuesday, it will probably be easy to find another place to put said rage.

Ok so a judge has quelled the fear. Here is a question we have been throwig around at work.

If someone gets ebola from this idiot is it attempted murder? She still has 2 weeks and is asymptotic she is not out of the woods yet. Her arogance evenafter she said she would self

Quarantine. And the courts not having the balls to be strong. Plus send her ass back to texas.

sorry texas.

Ok so a judge has quelled the fear. Here is a question we have been throwig around at work.

If someone gets ebola from this idiot is it attempted murder? She still has 2 weeks and is asymptotic she is not out of the woods yet. Her arogance evenafter she said she would self

Quarantine. And the courts not having the balls to be strong. Plus send her ass back to texas.

sorry texas.

And who would you get file those charges?

sorry texas.

The judge ruled that she still needs to take her temp 2 times a day.  If she stopped taking her own temp or hid a high temp then I could see criminal negligence.  Otherwise, I don't see how she could be criminally liable. However, at this point she's tested negative for the virus and is not showing symptoms, and is therefore not contagious. 

Yep.

As we see every day, there is a wide separation between how things should be and how they are.

Therein lay the the failure of every attempt of men to govern others by force no matter how it is dressed up by written law.

I think the fact you live in the most corrupt state in the union may have an influence on your attitude.

Not all people in power are like that 

Sure thing... just name one.

I can wait.

Trey Gowdy, Mike Huckabee, Palin, Jeff Sessions, just off the top of my head, of course I'm a big Ted Cruz supporter... Just to name a few...

sorry texas.

The judge ruled that she still needs to take her temp 2 times a day.  If she stopped taking her own temp or hid a high temp then I could see criminal negligence.  Otherwise, I don't see how she could be criminally liable. However, at this point she's tested negative for the virus and is not showing symptoms, and is therefore not contagious.

sorry texas.

And who would you get file those charges?

It is just hypothetical. Yes they lessened all the restrictions. Well awhere of the news just food for thought.

The woman denied her room mate is infected in her statement to the press, who knows if that is true or not.

Makes no difference either way, she needs to be in quarantine.

I'll continue to go with the ole boy scout motto, and fuck the eye bleedn bitch up north, or any of them for that matter. I do not trust my government.........ANY OF IT 010.gif

I stocked up on several cases of bleach a couple weeks ago.....squirt  squirtshocked.gif

I figure you are kidding, but in case you are not, don't stock large amounts of bleach as a prep.

Bleach has a relatively short shelf life, it reduces to salt water after a while.

The prepper sites say to stock that powder that is used for chlorinating pools. You mix with water

to make smaller amounts of bleach as you need it.