Ebola Nurse to Sue after Forced Quarantine

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is willing to risk her life to treat Ebola patients in Africa, which is very admirable....which is what makes her refusal to go into quarantine in conditions that are much better than they are in

I have an idea... send her to Ferguson Missouri to march with the protesters.

The problem I have is that they are making up the rules as they go along and it's being driven by politics. There should have been a comprehensive nationwide plan to deal with this long ago that's bas

Posted Images

So if she was working for/with the CDC, how does she think she can sue another branch of government for quarantine orders?

Seems to me that if she's working for the government, she has to abide by the rules (apparently that concept does not apply to libs).

And the bone-head doc frolicking with ebola patients in WA and then running around NYC while claiming he quarantined himself?

That should be loss of medical license and some serious prison time. This shit is not the big joke they seem to think it is.

anger.gifanger.gifanger.gif

So if she was working for/with the CDC, how does she think she can sue another branch of government for quarantine orders?

Seems to me that if she's working for the government, she has to abide by the rules (apparently that concept does not apply to libs).

And the bone-head doc frolicking with ebola patients in WA and then running around NYC while claiming he quarantined himself?

That should be loss of medical license and some serious prison time. This shit is not the big joke they seem to think it is.

Refer to post #32 sir bad_egg.gif

• Like 1

No she has strong ties to the CDC and is politically an Obamatron but is not employed by the CDC. Also being a .gov pigwhistle does not really include any forfeiture of rights, for now. 

Problem is the way they threw this together at the last moment aint helping matters.

And yes, her and that ilk perceive themselves above the law, nature's as well as man's.

Frankly the entire quarantine thing is just begging to be horribly abused for other than medical reasons.

Sucks when you cant trust anyone don't it.

• Like 1

you know 40yrs ago I never/ever saw mom or dad swearing at the TV like I do several times a week.

I would love to give these motherfuckers a piece of my mind, upfront and real personal...

Hope that bitch in Maine crosses the line....

Edited by SmilinEd

No she has strong ties to the CDC and is politically an Obamatron but is not employed by the CDC. Also being a .gov pigwhistle does not really include any forfeiture of rights, for now. 

Problem is the way they threw this together at the last moment aint helping matters.

And yes, her and that ilk perceive themselves above the law, nature's as well as man's.

Frankly the entire quarantine thing is just begging to be horribly abused for other than medical reasons.

Sucks when you cant trust anyone don't it.

The way things were thrown together should give everyone an insight that this country is NOT PREPARED for this shit.

When a hospital puts a patient in a tent out in a parking lot should tell you that.

And I agree the Ebola Dr in NYC should face CHARGES, motherfucker...!!!!

• Like 2

This fucking bitch is ALL over the damn tv and radio today. Her ass should be locked away in FORCED quarantine and if she sqawks about it she serve REAL time in jail. 

She, in a nutshell, epitomizes everything currently wrong with the elitist philosophy of those hard left liberals trying to turn this country into a communist oligarchy...

• Like 1

I've had a change of heart on this one...

We have the right to not be imprisoned without due process.  I don't want anyone, especially this gov't, deciding arbitrarily if and how long I'll be imprisoned.  The head ape has created this mob mentality and we can not fall for it.

Maybe this is the end game of all this nonsense.  To have the country beg for the imprisonment of others.

The ONLY fix for this right now is to stop travel from infected countries.

• Like 2

Yeah she can sue and will win. It should be part of the job scope. If you don't signup for the quarantine, you don't go.

Dickheads statement about military "They did not volunteer" so they will have to do mandatory 21 day quarantine. I thought it was a volunteer force we have nowadays?

Why is everyone stuck on 21 days when cases have been found after 42 days?

Better hope this goes away, we are not ready to deal with large numbers..............

• Like 1

Yeah she can sue and will win. It should be part of the job scope. If you don't signup for the quarantine, you don't go.

Who will makeup the 17 thousand page contract to be signed before going to WA?  We do not need taxpayer money tied up litigating this.  If you want to keep your freedom, you must stand behind others who have the same right.  Our gov't has made this one a tough road.  

I understand the fear and anger.  But it must be directed at the person(s) who is making a mess out of all of this by not having a travel ban from infected countries.  Not the people who have the right to be free.

• Like 1

We have the right to not be imprisoned without due process.  I don't want anyone, especially this gov't, deciding arbitrarily if and how long I'll be imprisoned.  The head ape has created this mob mentality and we can not fall for it.

Maybe this is the end game of all this nonsense.  To have the country beg for the imprisonment of others.

Persons affected by a legal quarantine are not being imprisoned, and it's not for an indefinite amount of time.

Like it or not, the feds and local/state authorities do have the legal power to impose a quarantine.

Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine

Printer-friendly version [PDF - 2 pages]

Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and quarantine help protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.

• Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
  • Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.

In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society.

Federal Law

The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized for these communicable diseases:
  • Cholera
  • Diphtheria
  • Infectious tuberculosis
  • Plague
  • Smallpox
  • Yellow fever
  • Viral hemorrhagic fevers
  • Severe acute respiratory syndromes
  • Flu that can cause a pandemic

Federal isolation and quarantine are authorized by Executive Order of the President. The President can revise this list by Executive Order.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

CDC’s Role

Under 42 Code of Federal Regulations parts 70 and 71, CDC is authorized to detain, medically examine, and release persons arriving into the United States and traveling between states who are suspected of carrying these communicable diseases.

As part of its federal authority, CDC routinely monitors persons arriving at U.S. land border crossings and passengers and crew arriving at U.S. ports of entry for signs or symptoms of  communicable diseases.

When alerted about an ill passenger or crew  member by the pilot of a plane or captain of a ship, CDC may detain passengers and crew as  necessary to investigate whether the cause of the illness on board is a communicable disease.

State, Local, and Tribal Law

States have police power functions to protect the health, safety, and welfare of persons within their borders. To control the spread of disease within their borders, states have laws to enforce the use of isolation and quarantine.

These laws can vary from state to state and can be  specific or broad. In some states, local health authorities implement state law. In most states, breaking a quarantine order is a criminal misdemeanor.

Tribes also have police power authority to take actions that promote the health, safety, and welfare of their own tribal members. Tribal health authorities may enforce their own isolation and quarantine laws within tribal lands, if such laws exist.

Who Is in Charge The federal government
  • Acts to prevent the entry of communicable diseases into the United States. Quarantine and isolation may be used at U.S. ports of entry.
  • Is authorized to take measures to prevent the spread of communicable diseases between states.
  • May accept state and local assistance in enforcing federal quarantine.
  • May assist state and local authorities in preventing the spread of communicable diseases.
State, local, and tribal authorities
  • Enforce isolation and quarantine within their borders.

It is possible for federal, state, local, and tribal health authorities to have and use all at the same time separate but coexisting legal quarantine power in certain events. In the event of a conflict, federal law is supreme.

Enforcement

If a quarantinable disease is suspected or identified, CDC may issue a federal isolation or quarantine order.

Public health authorities at the federal, state, local, and tribal levels may sometimes seek help from police or other law enforcement officers to enforce a public health order.  

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Coast Guard officers are authorized to help enforce federal quarantine orders.

Breaking a federal quarantine order is punishable by fines and imprisonment.

Federal law allows the conditional release of persons from quarantine if they comply with medical monitoring and surveillance.

Federal Quarantine Rarely used

Large-scale isolation and quarantine was last enforced during the influenza (“Spanish Flu”) pandemic in 1918–1919. In recent history, only a few public health events have prompted federal isolation or quarantine orders.

Specific Laws and Regulations Applying to Quarantine and Isolation

Visit the Specific Laws and Regulations Governing the Control of Communicable Diseases page.

Guidance for Importation of Human Remains into the United States for Interment

Visit the Guidance for Importation of Human Remains into the United States for Interment or Subsequent Cremation page.

http://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

• Like 3

We can't even trust medical professionals to behave responsibly.

How many cases of people self-monitoring in movie theaters, football stadiums, etc, after breaking with symptoms, would it take to over-whelm the system, 10, 50, 100, 1000?

They are telling us it isn't easy to catch, just don't get a drop of it on your skin.

The approach should be multi-faceted. A travel ban on nonessential personnel and a mandatory quarantine, among other measures.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

The government does and should have the power to quarantine for ebola.

That does NOT give them the power to quarantine for political purposes or to abuse that power in any way.

These medical people that are going over to WA to play with ebola infected natives should fully expect to be

quarantined when they get back. It should be a normal and expected part of the job.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 3

That does NOT give them the power to quarantine for political purposes or to abuse that power in any way.

These medical people that are going over to WA to play with ebola infected natives should fully expect to be

quarantined when they get back. It should be a normal and expected part of the job.

Common sense ,intelligent thought and responsible behavior..

Unfortunately elitist liberals are incapable of all three   

• Like 4

Common sense ,intelligent thought and responsible behavior..

Unfortunately elitist liberals are incapable of all three   

Dont limit it to liberals, pretty sure the laws of corruptible power apply to all political poles.

Given that one would be hard pressed to an extreme to find a single power not grossly abused for political purpose and I think we can count the power to imprison based on the whimsy of a political hack.

This is how things collapse.

• Like 2

Yep.

As we see every day, there is a wide separation between how things should be and how they are.

Therein lay the the failure of every attempt of men to govern others by force no matter how it is dressed up by written law.

I think the fact you live in the most corrupt state in the union may have an influence on your attitude.

Not all people in power are like that 

so you can't shoot a gun or bow at stuff around town in general because someone might get hurt or killed

you can't yell "Fire" in a crowded theater or other area with a bunch of people packed in for the same reason

but you can be doing whatever you want, wherever you want to, carrying a disease that if others gets it can spread and kill a bunch of people.

it should also be noted that these special wards at a very few hospitals (what is it 4 of them) that are equipped and trained to handle this type of disease are generally able to handle only 2 people at a time. so if 9 people get sick you've already run out of beds.

knock the silly bitch out and put her in a coma for 3 weeks.

post-26137-0-84334900-1414688186.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 4

Dickheads statement about military "They did not volunteer" so they will have to do mandatory 21 day quarantine. I thought it was a volunteer force we have nowadays?

Why is everyone stuck on 21 days when cases have been found after 42 days?

Better hope this goes away, we are not ready to deal with large numbers..............

Yep, what the hell was Hagel talking about, PPL should youtube Cruz vs Hagel, just shake my head

States have always had the power of quarantine, see post 46#, that is not imprisonment. Public Safety, if that doesn't apply for Ebola then quarantine shouldn't apply to other illnesses. Even I could argue that in court. We'll just unravel the whole system and the last place we'll go for medical treatment will be a hospital.

Maybe that would play if we as a country put Mooslims in camps like we did with Japanese U.S. citizens during WW2. (you know those fuckers hate us)

maybe it is part of the endgame. Gives me a headache tho.

Just do what is right, volunteer for the quarantine, keep your good guy status, and be loved by all.

• Like 2

Gawd, Showdown in Maine,

I really hope Nurse Kaci wears her bike helmut when the cops put her in the squad car, wouldn't want her to have her head bounced off door frame.

and what about her Bo, he will try to protect her, and those cops have tasers, wouldn't want to hear/watch as they taze him multiple times..!

These 2 probably don't own any firearms, they will just fight like feral cats, scratching/spitting and squealing.

And for heavens sake I would not watch any video at least 50x showing this eventgreedy.gif

Edited by SmilinEd
  • Like 4

Gawd, Showdown in Maine,

These 2 probably don't own any firearms, they will just fight like cats, scratching/spitting and squealing.

And for heavens sake I would not watch any video at least 50x showing this eventgreedy.gif

LOL!

Edited by Jpanzer