They are very close to MOA if not already there out of the box. Mine shot 2MOA off of the truck hood while sighting in, but I had problems with the scope mount and will have to do it again. Numerous range reports of MOA and clover leaf targets.

I believe the default gas setting is lower pressure than the average AK, giving less overall action shock. That and the average .308/x51 load is higher quality than most combloc ammo.

The recoil is also not much more than 7.62x39, I was surprised. It is definitely louder.

Things the VEPR has over it are chrome lined bore, different barrel lengths and sight setups, and the possibility of squareback receiver.

M77 having adjustable gas system makes it possible to use many different types of loads, and it can use a modified M14 mag, though I would prefer to have the Csspecs mags when available.

MANCAT,

THE MAGS ON THESE, THEY'RE DOUBLE STACK, BUT ONLY 10RNDS?

OTHER THAN THE MODDED M-14 MAGS, NOTHING ELSE FITS?

BRIEFLY, WHAT'S THE MOD TO THE '14 MAGS?

I JUST EMAILED KREBS TO SEE IF THEIR SLANTBACK VEPR STOCK ADAPTER WOULD WORK ON THESE, AWAITING AN ANSWER.

WHAT'S THE ACCURACY POTENTIAL, VS. A 7.62 NATO VEPR?

THANKS,

JESS1344

They are double stack, but the factory mags are indeed 10rd. The factory mags are also pretty rough and have a lot of follower tilt.

The M14 mag mod is basically to flat-file a small section on the front of the mag about 1mm deep into the front rib. This lets the front rib engage the trunnion shelf. I also slightly bend out the section above the filing point, it prevents the mag from being inserted too high, and tightens up the front engagement. The rear tab on the mag needs about 1 to 2mm removed from the bottom of the tab before it will lock in smoothly. I can take a photo of the modded mag later today.

If you have a welder, you can weld on a couple of steel tabs to the front and rear to make the locking points more stout.

Some people have also got Galil .308 mags to work, but they're a bit more expensive.

Can't tell you how accurate a .308 VEPR is, as I haven't read any range reports on them.

The Yugo stock mounting point is totally different from a Vepr, but there are plenty of stock mounting options. I have mine set up with an ACE slant cut adapter, Stormwerkz folding mechanism, and 8.5" ACE stock.

gallery_36884_1283_124939.jpg

Edited by mancat

MANCAT,

ACE MAKES BOTH A "FRICTION FOLDER", AND A PUSH BUTTON.

I HAVE BOTH, WITH THE PUSH BUTTON ON AN S-.410.

HAD I TO DO IT OVER AGAIN, THEY'D ALL BE PUSH BUTTON, AS THE FRICTION TYPE STILL HAS A LITTLE MOVEMENT, EVEN WHEN "LOCKED" OPEN, BUT THE PUSH BUTTON IS "TIGHTER'N WHALE PUSSY", OPEN OR CLOSED.

JESS1344

Mancat, how do you think this zastava 308 stacks up in terms of accuracy to a converted saiga 308 ver. 21? Seems like its a bit lighter from stated weight. How much does your pap 308 weigh in at? Thanks man i appreciate the input!

I have no idea, you will have to go out and check out Saiga/Vepr range reports and compare them to the Zastava results.

I don't own a scale (despite being married - or because?), otherwise I would weigh the "converted" M77 for you. It actually seems lighter than with the thumbhole stock, but I don't see how that's possible. I just think it's balanced better with the way it's set up now vs. out of the box.

Out of box weight is around 8.5lb, pretty much the same as the Saiga and Vepr..

• Like 1