Hi everyone,

My Vepr 12 shipped from center fire systems and in it's way to my local FFL.

I'm hopping it has the welded open folding stock.

I'm going to use it for home defense, My questions to you guys :

1- what is the most reliable mags

Factory mags. 5, 8, and 10 round.

2- how reliable Vepr 12 in general

Generally excellent as long as it isn't a VPO-205-00 model (if you don't know what that is do a google or yahoo search)

They have the cyrillic safe/fire markings, factory railed handguard, factory railed gas block, and 16.9" barrel with a sleeve permed on it. The Molot "Catalog of Weapons for the Civilian Market" doesn't show the correct cyrillic markings that are on the ones that made it here. It shows them having S and F on the receiver. The 00 models are the "base" model in Russia. This is the best pic that I have that accurately shows the US VPO-205-00. Imagine it with a few more inches of barrel, a permed sleeve on it, and a Molot grip.

ETA: 00 models have the stupid no-fire-when-folded linkage as well. Thanks Voonman. I knew I was forgetting something.

Ri5HwAZ.jpg?1

Edited by evlblkwpnz

They have the cyrillic safe/fire markings, factory railed handguard, factory railed gas block, and 16.9" barrel with a sleeve permed on it. The Molot "Catalog of Weapons for the Civilian Market" doesn't show the correct cyrillic markings that are on the ones that made it here. It shows them having S and F on the receiver. The 00 models are the "base" model in Russia. This is the best pic that I have that accurately shows the US VPO-205-00. Imagine it with a few more inches of barrel, a permed sleeve on it, and a Molot grip.

Ri5HwAZ.jpg?1

ok so when the stock is folded..there is an additional safety that is engaged?

Ri5HwAZ.jpg?1

ok so when the stock is folded..there is an additional safety that is engaged?

Not any more ;)