RSA peep sight

Although I do have a good scope for my Saiga .308, there seems to be a real issue with point of impact with the considerable difference between the bore and the centerline of the scope. Maybe I am all fouled up but getting a consistent sight in between a bench and a sling has been difficult.

Having said that, I put a RSA (Power Custom) mojo peep sight on it. I like it. Good for aging eyes, I only have to focus on the front sight and the target, not the rear blade, front sight, AND the target. I also think the gun feels much handier without the scope. Now I have a second option. Don

The 3X9X50 scope sits so high on my S.308 that I shoot better with the iron sights. Even with old eyes. I am still looking for the right cheekpiece. I want a leather on for my 'woodie'. I saw one with 3 foam inserts to adjust the height, but damn if I can remember where.

( There are three shure signs that you are getting senile . First your memory starts to fade, and I can't remember the other 2! )

G O B

Most of the scope mounts are made ajustable. If you look at the mount there are some set screws. You have to set the scope for optical center and adjust the mount to be parrallel to the bore. Then there are two locator pins that need holes drilled. This will lock in the adjustment. There should be something on this forum that will explain it better. Anyone have a link?