I was thinking more something like these.

175%20rmr%20308.jpg

You know something you would put into a 308.

But I do agree with using what there is stuff already out for.

Powder is the hardest thing to find right now within atleast 2hrs of my location.  Hell I still don't have powder for my 9mm thread yet.

Yes I have loaded non-flat nosed bullets in 30-30 for exactly what you said........single shots.  A buddy uses a TC Encore w/ 30-30 barrel for whitetails and his load uses a Nosler Ballistic Tip - 125 Grain Spitzer (Part# 30125).  I would have to ask him the powder and charge as I do not have it written down.

-bp

Edited by burntpowder

I just was looking to see if it will increase my MPB Range from 175yrs to maybe 300 or more.  Well I'm setting my 30-30 up so that I have that MPBR from 25yrds to 175.  I believe my POI is within 2" up and down through out that range.  I figured that gives me a good well rounded impact for that.  I like knowing that give me a 2" circle and I'll hit the target.  I'm not going for tack driver, its a 30-30 a brush gun and I would say in SHTF a decent urban fighter.

Punch some data into Handloadsdotcom's ballistic calculator. You'll need to know the intended/actual MV and bullet weight you'll be using. Fun tool to tinker with.

I've been using the Winchester and Remingtons calculators

Punch some data into Handloadsdotcom's ballistic calculator. You'll need to know the intended/actual MV and bullet weight you'll be using. Fun tool to tinker with.

I've been using the Winchester and Remingtons calculators

The one on handloads is easier and gives more information, like "time of flight" for example. I've used many of them.