Lucky you... I still have slide lock problems with mine... :cryss:

I just took an all weekend long advanced defensive handgun class this weekend. We fired about 1000 rounds this weekend, in the dirt, mud, etc. withouth cleaning. Out of all the makes of pistols there (Kimber, H&K, Taurus, Colt, Beretta, etc.), only 2 of us didn't have malfunctions... out of 25 people, only 2 of us didn't have ONE malfunction all weekend.... what were we shooting? I was shooting a Glock 21 (.45 ACP) and he was shooing a Glock 19 (9mm)...

I love my Kimber... I just don't have the time right now to make it run right... I really want to! It is the MOST accurate handgun I own... and I very badly want to use it for competitions, but it just has some issues right now... ...sigh...

As for Desert Eagle, from their own words the biggest problem with that gun is people tend to limp wrist and doing so will jam that bad boy. They reccomend a very sold stance with a stong grip, If you can do this then you should have very few problems if any. If I were out west with open carry laws, no doubt If I could shoot it and not have it jam then thats what I would carry at my side for everyone to see.

wicked- do glocks use a Polygonal bore? or are they normal rifle bores?

the one thing that really annoys the crap out of me is the modern pop/rap culture. All they rap about is glocks, AK's, Uzi's. No offense to anyone, but a lot of the young people who show up at the range for the first time with a bunch of friends and look like they are a "gangsta" have had an AK or glock. Glock if famous, alot of time the first thing people say when they see my HK P2000 is "A GLOCK! THATS COOL!"

or junk like on a web site they listed a USP as "Jolo's Glock"

Edited by Verson

Glocks have either Hexagonal or Octagonal barrels... the .45 ACP, because of how big it is, benefited from and octagonal barrel, where as the smaller rounds did just fine with the hexagonal barrels.

Here is some information on it:

http://www.glockfaq.com/barrel.htm

It is SIMILAR to the polygonal H&K barrel, but slightly different.

Here is a quote from an article about Glock barrels:

"Glock's hammer-forged barrels are also innovative. Called "hexagonal," the rifling lies somewhere between conventional land and groove and H&K's "polygonal" bores. The rifling's hexagonal profile (in cross-section a series of six small arcs connected by flat surfaces) provides a better gas seal, more consistent velocities, superior accuracy and ease of maintenance. The direction of twist is right-hand. Although not yet specified at the time of our test and evaluation, I expect the rate of twist will be close to the standard 1:16 inches for this cartridge. A single-coil spring under the barrel rides on a polymer guide rod, which is hollow to serve as a cooling air pump."

I don't know if I would say that my Glock 21 is more accurate than and H&K!! But, I do know that I had the highest power factor at the last match I competed in... using factory ammo, my G21 was the most "powerful" of all the pistols... Now, to be fair, that is not a desireable thing in IPSC or IDPA, but I was still proud!! ;)

I think I would be ticked off too if I spent a ton of money on an H&K and somebody thought it was a $500.00 Glock!!! Educate those wannabes!!!

Edited by Wicked96SS