I can't remember where I read it but there are rumors that a private buyer may be buying out kalashnikov concern which could mean that importation could start back up because the company was no longer owned buy the russian gov. It'd be great if it ends up being true because I was looking forward to all the  products that were in the works for importation, including the saiga branded vityaz 9mm, and an AEK.

I can't remember where I read it but there are rumors that a private buyer may be buying out kalashnikov concern which could mean that importation could start back up because the company was no longer owned buy the russian gov. It'd be great if it ends up being true because I was looking forward to all the  products that were in the works for importation, including the saiga branded vityaz 9mm, and an AEK.

Yup--here's the story I read concerning such--I am excerpting the quote:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/09/foghorn/kalashnikov-concern-plans-skirt-us-import-ban-selling-company/

From Reuters:

Russia’s Rostec, a state-owned conglomerate hit by Western sanctions over Ukraine, will sell a small arms factory to a businessman who is not blacklisted to allow further sales to Europe and the United States, officials and sources said….

Created in 2007 by President Vladimir Putin, (Rostec) owns Kalashnikov, the maker of the Ak-47 assault rifle used in conflicts around the world.

Parties to the deal told Reuters that businessman Andrei Bokarev will buy 75 percent of Rostec’s Izhmekh plant, whose products include hunting rifles and sporting guns.

Happy Holidays,

pt92

• 2 weeks later...

Say, that ban by Mr. President really worked!!!!... All the fighting has stopped and every Russian and Ukrainian are the best of buddies...In case you don't know.... Putkin wants the oil and mineral rich region for his own). EZ way to ban a weapon that scares "little children"...OR is for the "children", I keep getting that mixed up????.....