true or false

On the off chance

Saigas built for 3 gun by pros that know the gun can run for years.

Plus any gun that someone tunes to the limit of function is prone to problems. Some competitors minimise spring pressure required to feed a new shell in and also use extreme frankenmags. This combo will reduce reliability. Even guns built by pros are going to be messed with by the owners. 

As always, ammo matters and some competitors really shave the margins with what ammo their gun will run. Then later they blame the gun, when they cut it too close. Veprs and all other shotguns are subject to the same issues. People can throw piles of money at a gun, where just running very slightly hotter ammo would give them the reliability they wanted. I swear 9/10 times I have seen someone complain about the gun crapping out at a match, when someone asks them what ammo they are running, they just name shot size as if that answers the question. In car terms that's like having someone with a cummins dodge complain that their truck stalled, asking them what fuel they got, and them answering, "clear-runny stuff." Followed by "it always ran on clear-runny stuff before, $%^&* dodges! My friend's Chevy always runs on clear runny stuff. I'm going to get a chevy."

The ones that run, run. The ones that have problems might not. None will run if you go too light on the ammo. Veprs tend to need a little hotter ammo outa the box. 

As most people know,

The two shotguns you have mentioned are based on the AK platform. All AKs are very delicate and finicky about how they are fed and handled.

This platform in any caliber cannot stand up to any abuse such as trunnion thumping ( with out a buffer) or over powered recoil springs. The slightest contamination will cause catastrophic failure at almost any given time and cause your dick to troll up some mothers vag.

Ammunition used must be perfectly formulated for each individual weapon or catastrophic failure will occur and cause anal leakage.

Good luck and buy a Mossberg.

• Like 1

Well said Gun Fun , WELL SAID!           needs repeating

Plus any gun that someone tunes to the limit of function is prone to problems. Some competitors minimise spring pressure required to feed a new shell in and also use extreme frankenmags. This combo will reduce reliability. Even guns built by pros are going to be messed with by the owners. 

As always, ammo matters and some competitors really shave the margins with what ammo their gun will run. Then later they blame the gun, when they cut it too close. Veprs and all other shotguns are subject to the same issues. People can throw piles of money at a gun, where just running very slightly hotter ammo would give them the reliability they wanted. I swear 9/10 times I have seen someone complain about the gun crapping out at a match, when someone asks them what ammo they are running, they just name shot size as if that answers the question. In car terms that's like having someone with a cummins dodge complain that their truck stalled, asking them what fuel they got, and them answering, "clear-runny stuff." Followed by "it always ran on clear-runny stuff before, $%^&* dodges! My friend's Chevy always runs on clear runny stuff. I'm going to get a chevy."

deadhorse.gif

I need to print that and include it with every gun we sell.

I can't say how many times somebody will send in a gun that "don't run" we open the box, load the mag , shoot 50-100+ rounds with no failures.016.gif

I still haven't found a nice way to tell somebody they don't know how to operate a gun.

Edited by toothandnail
  • Like 1

"A friend of mine told me that Saiga 12 break during 3 gun competitions and Vepr 12 are stronger and last longer.  Is that true ?"       

Well, I just used my Saiga 12 in the Remington Versa Max Challenge shotgun match this past weekend and it was purchased new in 2001.  All internal parts are original except for the trigger control group and it's used in approximately 8-12+ matches per year including but not limited to the Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-gun, Ft. Benning 3-gun, Carolina Tactical invitational 3-gun, NC Recon 3-gun, USPSA Area 6 3-Gun,  2010 Pan-Am Shotgun Championship, Task Force Dagger 3-gun, Tarheel 3-gun Challenge, Blue Ridge 3-gun and Soldier of Fortune 3-gun.  So, to answer your question, NO

Edited by Ronswin