Another Complete Bolt Failure and (snapped Locking Block)

Good day!

First let me start by saying, I love this gun. I have put almost 1000 rounds (50/50 slugs 1650fps w/3" slugs) thru it since purchase 7 months. I assume the wear on the Bolt more normal but the Locking Block probably the due to slugs.

Yes I have a Bolt Crack and Locking Block snapped into 2. Im looking for replacement parts with out having to buy a new

gun just for a parts gun. RAAC it appears in non existent and all shops have just guns for sale with no parts help due to RAAC gone

I have read this gun copied its bolt from a Charles Daly semi auto. I have seen pics of the Charles and yes its extremely close but sold out at "Numrich's"

Any help on where to start will be greatly appreciated. I am willing to pay up to the price of a new gun for this part. The Bolt

Exterior probably could be used still but may be welded as seen before. The Lock needs replacement.

post-49996-0-97647800-1415554056_thumb.jpg

Repair parts is the only real concern I have about the MKA 1919.

Mine has several thousand rounds through it and its still holding together.  I did pick up a lightly used pre-XN gun from Tooth and Nail that's in the back of the safe and reserved primarily for parts.

In addition to competition use, I planned on using my gun for the occasional coyote but a while back Jim with Firebird Precision indicated hot loads will tear up a MKA1919 in short order. So after break in, 90% of my shells were in the 1200 fps range.  The other 10% were at 1145 fps.

The three top sources for parts is (was?) RAAC, Firebird Precision and Tooth n Nail.  Firebird seems to be concentrating on their new TAC-12 shotgun but Tooth and Nail seems to still manufacture XN parts.  The pre-XN parts may be long gone.

I've got more than a few bucks tied up in my gun and if it turns out be an orphan I'll be rightfully pissed.

So hollar at Jim (FP) and Matt (TnN) and see what they have available.

You might also post your results in the forum.  I'm sure it will help others that are in the same predicament.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

The br99 is pre XN design  an little stronger than XN

BR99 Bolt is Pre XN design?

Does that mean the "same as" or alike.

That's two different things,

An old saying, chalk & cheese look alike but taste totally different

If the bolts are not Exactly the same, then they are as different as XN & pre XN

Can you run a BR99 bolt in a pre XN shotgun?

Repair parts is the only real concern I have about the MKA 1919.

Mine has several thousand rounds through it and its still holding together.  I did pick up a lightly used pre-XN gun from Tooth and Nail that's in the back of the safe and reserved primarily for parts.

In addition to competition use, I planned on using my gun for the occasional coyote but a while back Jim with Firebird Precision indicated hot loads will tear up a MKA1919 in short order. So after break in, 90% of my shells were in the 1200 fps range.  The other 10% were at 1145 fps.

The three top sources for parts is (was?) RAAC, Firebird Precision and Tooth n Nail.  Firebird seems to be concentrating on their new TAC-12 shotgun but Tooth and Nail seems to still manufacture XN parts.  The pre-XN parts may be long gone.

I've got more than a few bucks tied up in my gun and if it turns out be an orphan I'll be rightfully pissed.

So hollar at Jim (FP) and Matt (TnN) and see what they have available.

You might also post your results in the forum.  I'm sure it will help others that are in the same predicament.

Bill

Thanks for the Info. I will contact them. Bill at Centerfire is working hard on this for me. They were temporally the Dist for this Akdal and now the manufacture of Akdal in Turkey says "European American Arms" is the Dist but if you ask EAA, they will say no. If Bill comes through I will be buying 3 sets of Bolts (or Locking Bolts) new or used at any cost and will send him a cake for his work.

Keep in mind I know the BOLT is still strong, lots of metal around the area of the crack (gap). Its the snapped "Locking Bolt" I need the most.

I will keep everyone posted as to where I find my solution so others may find theirs and the business that offers the solution, more business.THANKS!.... stay tuned for a solution for those who need one.

Edited by ekamper
  • 4 weeks later...