Beretta 92FS Brigadier in INOX with WAL mods. . . .

A few weeks ago I picked up an excellent conditioned Beretta 92FS Brigadier in INOX stainless.  Being a long time member of the Beretta Forum, I immediately sent it off to a guy that goes by the nick "WAL" on that forum, for some customization.  WAL is known for his "conical bushing modification" which essentially assists the handgun's barrel to lock in place with the slide, almost completely eliminating any play or movement of the barrel prior to it cycling. . . which provides the shooter a much more consistent POI with his/her rounds. Anyway, while shipping my Beretta's slide off to WAL, I additionally requested that he fit it with a longer Jarvis barrel and Beretta barrel weight, which brings the handgun nearly to the status of the special edition Beretta 92/96 Combat, which were released in small numbers a couple of years ago.  Anyway, enough with my blabbing, here are the pics!

CIMG5906_zpsca4bf050.jpg

CIMG5900_zps4f77c430.jpg

CIMG5902_zps37db9a34.jpg

CIMG5909_zpsd288c741.jpg

CIMG5910_zps925759b2.jpg

Additionally, while my slide was away for just a few days, I installed a Wilson shorter trigger blade, a Beretta Elite II skeletonized hammer, and swapped the hammer spring out with a D spring.  I also finely polished the contact surfaces of the internal sear and those of the hammer, providing the gun a much crisper trigger break.

Well, "Happy VETERAN'S DAY" to all of my brothers and sisters that served or are serving our great Nation!

~Gary

salute4.gif

• Like 3

Nice looking handgun. Are you a better shot with the camera or with your guns? You have always managed to present your work very well.

I hazard to guess that I am a much better shot with the camera lens, than with any of my firearms. . . 021.gif

Thank you for the accolade Nailbomb!

Edited by Gary

Love the gun, it's a beauty. But man I gotta know where did you get that awesome skull?!

It always cracks me up a little, how often folks comment regarding the solid resin skull(s) that I use as background props in some of my firearms and knife photos.  Obviously, such is why I haven't yet discontinued the practice.  You'll perhaps find it interesting that I own two such skulls, one in bronze color and the original in charcoal.  As to where to find them. . . I purchased them a very long time ago, the last (the bronze skull) off of eBay.

Robotic_Mechanizedsolidresinskulls001.jp

• Like 1