MKA dirt issues???

Hi,

I do have some cycling issues for quite some time.

Originally I was using the factory main spring and the gun was running perfect for around 4 ot 5 stages meaning 50 to 70 rounds. Then it was starting to shortstroke around 3 to 4 rounds out of 10. More or less unshootable from that moment on. The same thing happend over and over again and always around at the same round count. With harder loads it was the same just a few rounds later.

I have to say that I am using a middbarrel and I did open the gasports so that its running with 28g.

Then I changed to the weaker spring. From that point on for around 500 to 600 rounds it was running without any issues cycling even high power 24g

Then I got closing issues. The bolt would not close completely. falling 1mm or a fraction of a mm short. Hammer will still fall but not strike the primer. This too happening after around 30 to 40 rounds.

We did check the gun and she is not dragging somwhere eg we removed everything where she was dragging and polished it.

In my opinion its a dirt issue. I was starting with a clean gun but when I dismantel it after ist starts to jam there is considerable dirt in there and the piston is very hard to remove. There is also a ring of dirt on the guide rod on the muzzle side of the piston. There is also some dirt in the cylinder that houses the piston but nothing out of the ordinary in my opintion.

I am a little bid lost as this dirt seems to build up fast even when starting with a cleaned gun.

Also whey I could shoot 500 to 600 without issues while having the same cleaning regime.

Also my piston seems to be quite thight even when clean and when dirty it takes some power to remove.

Do you need, with a clean gun, to push the piston in the cylinder or ist it falling in more or less?

My requirement is that the gun runs without cleaning for lets say around 120 round. That will give me a complete small match or brings me into lunch break of a bigger one when I have time to clean it.

Anyone, else has this issue?

I am sure that if I go back to the factory spring I will not have the closing issues but the short stroke issues again.

i was thinking of cutting on coil fo the factory spring hoping to have more closing power than the weak one but also less resistance then the factory one but have not done it yet.

Any other suggestions?

While you may have tolerance stacking causing a tight gas piston/guide rod. 

Many times oil applied on the piston/guide rod will cause build up like you are having. Also some ammo is much dirtier than others.

Ours will easily go 1500 rounds or more without cleaning or residue related failures.