Sneak peek firebird drum mag for mka 1919 and br99

Well I updated the design with a needle bearing to take the moment load, and it took a little while to get exactly the bearings I needed.

The proto springs came in and are just right.

a little more testing and we will be online

Cost may be around two bills...and all parts will be available for maintenance

I wish this went faster, but its best to get it right the first time 

• Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firebird Precision 21 round drum     All billet machined aluminum   Made for TAC-12 and all MKA 1919 variants.    

As bad as this platform needs a drum, I can't believe that anyone would try to rain on the parade of a vendor who is trying to make technological advances for the betterment of the MKA (and yes, to se

Pure art Jim, very nice           Oh yeah...screw the neysayers

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I updated the design with a needle bearing to take the moment load, and it took a little while to get exactly the bearings I needed.

The proto springs came in and are just right.

a little more testing and we will be online

Cost may be around two bills...and all parts will be available for maintenance

I wish this went faster, but its best to get it right the first time 

I would have expected 1.5-2x the cost and figured it fair for the manufacturing and application. 

If you actually sell that for $200, my hat is off to you. If the  V12 version is similarly priced, it will go on my long wish list. A couple years down the road still for me, but that would be very fun at competitions. 

centerfire systems: vepr 12 sgm 25 round tactical drum. preorder $99.95

How long has that preorder been going on?  Seems like going on 1 1/2 years now.   

I like this drum, 1: being metal, and 2: being offset to the side will allow the stock to be folded

Due to all the trolls and haters of all stripes I no longer do business on this forum.

Please direct questions to our website email or call us.

Sorry to hear that.   Not all of us are trolls and haters and this forum has been a good source of information on the MKA 1919.

Bill

I hate to hear this Jim, I can't say I blame you.  It seemed like this particular forum was a little lax in controlling the haters and trolls and it sometimes went too far.

I am all for stating an opinion, but when it becomes personal for no apparent reason other than brand loyalty or difference in personalities, that is when I would draw the line as an admin.

I think most of this could have been avoided if people had more respect for the hard work it takes to develop and actually fabricate a part for market ( and do it correctly, so it works).

Done with my rant...moving on. :-)

Its really kinda sad the petty bullshit that people perpetrate here

Explains why traffic at this thread appears to be way down.   The MKA 1919 is not the most familiar or popular competition shotgun out there so sharing of information between active users has been very helpful,  

This used to be the premier site for information and new products on this platform.  Its still the best place for info but compared to the past, not nearly so informative.

• Like 1

Can't derail the thread any furtherlaugh.png  so

Hardly any of the guys who we work/shoot with - and have a lot of knowledge and skill to share , ever post here any more. Not worth it.

I hardly ever post here, offering advice, mainly because most get deleted within a few minutes.

It wasn't only the MKA forum that had these problems, it was discussed on the "business members only " forum as well. 

The site lost quite a few supporters from what little I gathered there.

Sad to see.....sad.png

Edited by toothandnail
  • Like 1

I hate to say, but this gun may fade into oblivion.

No replacement parts...no support from mfg.....no new/continuing aftermarket parts....

Just sayin'

I think they will get imported in surges. As public awareness of mag fed shotguns goes up, demand goes up. Many people get excited and buy the first one they see of any brand on the spot.

I don't see these falling away any time in the next couple of years. However, I think once Remington or Mossberg, and later beretta, etc. offer a mag fed shotty, it will probably be so-so. The second one from either of those two companies will be awesome. Then they will become so common, that all the current mag fed shotguns will become something of a novelty.