Sneak peek firebird drum mag for mka 1919 and br99

I also shoot a pre-XN gun.  For the parts that are pretty much unobtainable, I bought a spare parts gun.  So far so good but when those parts have been used, I think I'm out of luck.

Rather than spend more dollars on a gun that may turn into a boat anchor, I'm looking at either an M2 or Versamax going forward.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firebird Precision 21 round drum     All billet machined aluminum   Made for TAC-12 and all MKA 1919 variants.    

As bad as this platform needs a drum, I can't believe that anyone would try to rain on the parade of a vendor who is trying to make technological advances for the betterment of the MKA (and yes, to se

Pure art Jim, very nice           Oh yeah...screw the neysayers

Posted Images

I have moved to a Vepr 12 and absolutely love it.

It ran out of the box, is reliable and seems much more robust.

Parts seem available, but not plentiful...we will see what the future holds.

Maybe an Origin 12 in the future.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have moved to a Vepr 12 and absolutely love it.

It ran out of the box, is reliable and seems much more robust.

Parts seem available, but not plentiful...we will see what the future holds.

Maybe an Origin 12 in the future.

I did the same and I love it too. Unfortunately my MKA now just sits in my closet gathering dust.

I also shoot a pre-XN gun.  For the parts that are pretty much unobtainable, I bought a spare parts gun.  So far so good but when those parts have been used, I think I'm out of luck.

Rather than spend more dollars on a gun that may turn into a boat anchor, I'm looking at either an M2 or Versamax going forward.

Same here. I have two Akdals but once those are done, I'll probably switch to something else.

Hopefully by then there will be an option that runs well without tons of tuning, that doesnt break bolts and other parts left and right, with factory mags that dont need mods to run.

I was hoping for Rhino's AR10-based shotgun, but I doubt that thing will ever see the light of day.

WOC-12 -> no magwell? Saiga12 revisited. No thanks.

It is offered with or without. Your choice. Takes existing avaialable mags: i.e. V12/ Saiga 433 type. or if you want rock and lock, you can choose that type.

The origin is full of bad ideas and is clunky. I've got nothing against fostech, but the thing is a mess designed by AA, and they are famous for making big claims about stuff which never worked as well as the demo videos.

• Like 1

Yeah, neither of those is on my list. The Rhino, if it works, looks way better.

Might consider another FB, if they can make it 100% in the US, but I'm not buying anything else with made in Turkey parts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, did anyone buy one of the Firebird drums?  Anyone know if they're available yet?

Probably not available yet.  I've been waiting for some of their magazine springs to get back in stock for several months.  I assume they are staying busy building their shotguns.

Bill

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...